• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

Thank you RuntoParadise :). Day 4: Of Tapering Dosage. I've had 3 so far today, Plan on only having 1-2 more before bed to sleep. So 4-5 total. Taper so far has been. This is not as low as my original plan... But I guess its step in the right direction from 1-2grams per day.. 10-20 bags... I'm surprised that I feel withdrawal symptoms even through the 4-5 bags a day... 75% decrease. Is this normal? Will 1 week of tapering and dropping dosage do anything? Or am I wasting my time. Should I go longer at this lower dosage? Maybe 2 weeks? a month? I only have 2 subs.. So ... .I guess lowering tolerance would be the smart idea don't know when I"ll be able to get my hands on more subs...

Another question.. What is better for Tapering or Tolerance in general. aka Recovery... Splitting the dosages like 1-2 bags 2-3x per day.. or .5 at once 1x per day.... Part of me thinks 1 time a day would be better, with more time in between.. But then the other part of me feels like the big dose, spikse the dopamine, and tricks the receptors in the brain... What are your thoughts? Or do you have a article that you could attach?

Day 1: .7
Day 2: .5
Day 3: .6
Day 4: .5

Just letting everyone know Its Day 5.. of Tapering. So far Schedule has Been.... .7, .5, .6, .5, .5.... Did a half G again today.. I guess its still tapering? When prior it was 1-2g? I still am baff.. by the breakthrough withdrawal... It's also IMPOSSIBLE to get high anymore.. Even when I was doing the 2grams Insuffalated.. Never got High.. Just normal. Its funny how Feeling normal becomes a high for you.. Feeling "OKAY" makes you happy. Its a sad and pathetic Downgrade.. a sad truth however.. I am aware of my place, and I want to be clean.. Tomorrow Or Sunday is Suboxone induction. I hope everyone has a great night.. stay strong peeps.

I'm curious of my previous Questions.. What are your thoughts guys?.... I would appreciate the feedback. I will always keep it real on here.. I want people to read this Thread.. and know I'm telling the Truth on everything.. Even if it makes me look like a Relapsing weak fucker... I'm trying, and admitting my faults, that's the 1st step...

Hon, I'm really glad you're going on a program ! Are you going though a clinic or scoring the sub?

I was actually gonna suggest that idea. Quitting on your own takes tremendous strength, as does going to a clinic and opening up about a serious habit!!

Let us know how it goes....I know you will as you're great at posting your ups & downs.

Rtp❤️

Sweet, glad to hear today is the first sub induction. Let us know how it goes!

(I wish you could get more subs)

:(

hey guys.. Long time no talk.. Prolly wonder where I,ve been and what I'm doing. I have relapsed and will be starting this Journey with u guys with the absolute truth throughout the Journey. This time I only have a few subs to work with and not all of those OTC and Xanax pills to get me through withdrawal. I will be Starting daily postings again this Monday. I hope to have you guys help, be there with me through the Journey once again.

I'm a firm believer that the intensity and duration of withdrawl of a drug, esp. Opiates, does not rely on how many years or months straight you have been using, rather the amount used and how often dosed.
A lot of people become scared to death when they have to face withdrawl, and tend to keep it in the back of they're heads that because of months and years of dependency they had to an opiate , that they're detox will be horrid and disastrous. When In fact, withdrawl severity more leans to the amount used daily and how often being dosed.

Please don't be discouraged, it won't be easy, it can be gradual as you want it to be if using suboxone for tapering, however, DO EXPECT some sort of withdrawl or PAWS even after weaning off slowly, even by the microgram, if you choose to do it that delicately.
Sorry for rambling guys, i just wanted to share my opinion and input while this LSD is making me feel ever so intuitive. I wish all the best !

I would recommend tapering from heroin if you feel you can will yourself to it. .3 - .5 A day should be easier to deal with than a poorly administered sub taper but that is just me. I would recommend not using subs at all. Lastly I personally had success using a 5 day taper off the absolute lowest dosage I could manage with, I feel like a longer taper is asking for trouble honestly. Before anything, maybe consider lope, although that has its own hidden fun stuff to worry about. Good luck, and stay safe.