• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

One again, good on you for doing it all over again!

I'm still waiting for the dopamine etc to kick in,- though that's with more than "max" sub.

My dr told me to look into 3mgs fish oil plus something called 5htp (sp) nutrients.

Good luck once again dude, I'll keep checking in with you!

Rtp ❤️

Yep, I'm taking Fish oil (Omega 3,6,9) Also 5-htp for seratonin production. Do you guys think I should up my Dose a little to help with the withdrawals or just ride it out on this low dose...What do you guys suppose I do for the Taper this time? I feel like My withdrawl symtoms are breaking through since I only dosed 2mg/1mg... Versus last time.. 16mg/8mg or w/e it was. Crazy high.

Last edited:
I would up your dose slightly to minimize withdrawal symptoms and maximize success. I worry if you feel too much withdrawal you will be tempted to use more.

Day 3: Took .75-1mg of suboxone. I slept like a baby last night, it has to be cuz of the little bit of suboxone helping. I got a solid 7 hours. I know that will NOT Last. Maybe withdrawal will go faster due to being clean for awhile before my month binge. NOw.. my Tolerance went from 1 bag... to a whole gram a day for about 2 weeks straight, maybe more at the tail end. and multiple doses a day. I woke up today feeling more withdrawal then before.. Very very very cold with bone aches/muscle tension. NO diaherrea yet. Not yawning yet either, I was tho horribly the first 18 hours or so before I Induced my 1st sub. So my taper so far is 2mg/1mg/.75mg/. What do you guys think I should do from this point on? 2/1/.75/.50?0/.25/Off/.25/ Jump off? How does that sound? I have Wed-Fri off for work..So that will give me Wed-Sun to get through the worst of it. What are you guys thinking? I have forced myself to exercise again to tell my brain to start producing its own chemicals again. I hate the feeling of sweating and being freeezing cold, thats how its been in the gym lol... ITs such a bizzare feeling.

I think it sounds like you are making yourself suffer a little too much, but if you can deal with it it is probably for the best.

Day 1....Took 3mg of Sub at around 1:30pm. Withdrawal seemed to get worse.. this was (22hrs) since last opiate use and it wasnt even H. It was Hydros. I"m not taking anymore and doing what I did last time ending up taking 16mg. I'm gonna ride it out until tomorrow morning.. If I sleep. Why is this getting harder and harder each time. This time I have no support at all. Dad is having heart problems, after my mom just died, and my gf left me, and hasn't responded to a text or anything in days. I have to quit, I have to get my life back...My last opiate use was at 4:00pm on 12/3/2015. How do u guys suppose I do this taper? Also my last attempt. I failed on day 4. Taper was 2/1/.5/.5/Used/.. I was suprised that the naloxone didn't block the Herion last relapse. I need your guys support more then ever. Love yall...

It takes most people more than a few cycles like yours to finally kick it for good. I know I did the quick sub taper- dope runaround for quite a few months before it really stuck. I think you're on the right path. A 7-10 day taper seemed to work best for me where you get down to like .25mg the last few days. I'd do like 3/3/2/1.5/1/1/.5/.5/.25/.25. Just enough to where it wouldn't totally take the withdrawal away but I could function and get some sleep. Then toss the rest of the suboxone and don't look back. There's no real magic bullet for the mental part. It was always a combination of good habits that worked best for me...exercise, working on your mental health without taking drugs, exploring new hobbies, avoiding old friends and situations, making new friends,etc. Getting a non-habit forming sleep med rx'd for a few months like trazodone, amitriptyline, or seroquel will help as well. I always try and totally avoid alcohol for a while and smoke a bunch of weed but that's just me.

Your brain will start to get back to homeostasis while you're on low dose subs because you're effectively lowering the dose of opioids it's used to but it won't start totally stabilizing until you've been off buprenorphine for at least 72 hours. You seem to have the drive to succeed so I'm sure you'll be successful man. Just remember, your whole perception of your situation will totally flip in a positive way in the coming weeks and months if you stop hammering your nervous system with opioids. Slowly but surely. Good luck <3

Sup B, I'm back. I had to take a break from BL so I wouldn't think about dope all the time.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with all that's going on, with the family, relationships, and substance (ab)use. Don't forget that last time, you went almost two whole months without touching H, and a month and a half after dropping off the buprenorphine.

You've done it before. And we're all here, like we were then.

Bhall, sorry to hear of you family issues and that you're back again!

Why are u trying to do such a quick taper? Sorry, I may not have read all of your latest posts!

Are you getting subs off the street or seeing a dr? I'm guessing the former.

Remind me, refresh my memory, - was there a reason you couldn't go to a sub dr?

I'm doing it now & most o the time happy as Larry. Whoever the hell he is lol.

I'll admit I'm not doing a taper though, just maintenance & pain management.

Fill me in dude, PMs are most welcome xx

Rtp

Long time no talk everyone... Okay, I know I have been playing Peep and Tom on this... My relapse had gotten out of control and I ended up doing double the amount I was before. The past 3 months, I have been doing about 3g/day splitting doses throughtout the day. Soo.. 30 bags or soo a day... Yikes!!!I'm doing my final Taper plan and quitting this shit for good. I bought 12 bags, to taper this week, and then start suboxone next week. I have 3 8mg strips to uitlize during taper. I don't plan on using all of them. This what I'm going to do this time
Monday: 4 bags 2am / 2pm
Tuesday 3 bags 2am / 1pm
Wed: 2 bags 1am/ 1pm
Thur 1 1/2 bags 1am / 1/2 pm
Fri 1 bag 1bag am No pm due to suboxone next day =====12 bags
Sat Wait 24 hours since my last dose and take 1st scheduled dose. My suboxone taper will be a 7-14 day one. Thus far my plan is

Sat4mg
Sun 3mg
Mon 2mg
Tue 2mg
Wed 1.5mg
Thur 1.5mg
Fri 1mg
Sat 1mg
Sun .75mg
Mon .50mg
Tue .50mg
Wed. 25mg
Thur SKip (off)
Fri .25
Sat Skip
Sun SKip
Mon .25 last dose. This would be a 14(2 week) suboxone taper. I will change to 1 week depending on how I feel and jump down dosages faster. This would utlize 18.5 mg... I'll have to scale that back so that its just 16mg. Anyway that is my plan and I think its a better route to taper Heroin dosages thsi week so that suboxone induction will be a little easier. I'm back everyone! Id love to eat any input, or advice on taper plan... I think its sounds like a good idea. The last day of heroin I wont split dosages, I'll just have the am so that 24 hours goes by for my first sub induction. I want to split the dosages so that I am able to sleep at night while tapering? Any thoughts? thanks everyone! Today is day 1!

Or... 1 week sub taper
Day 1 4mg
Day 2 3mg
Day 3 2mg
Day 4 1mg
Day 5 .5
Day 6 .25
Day 7 .125mg
Day 8=Nothing

Last edited:
Hwy dude...I'm glad to hear about this. I really wish you had more subs, and partilularly that you had SUBUTEX rather than SUBUXONE, but oh well.

You have my support throughout....good luck, B!

Why is this? What do you reccomend ? I can possibly get more? Not subutex tho? why subutex vs suboxone?

doesnt make a difference at all^^^

good to see youre back on the wagon bhall.

honestly i think opiate wd is one of those things you get better at with practice. thing is, this can rationalise usage and extend a habit.

youre doing everything right. you just need to occupy yourself and find a purpose for staying off the H.

Subutex is just 8mg of bupe with no naloxone.
I have bin thru this cycle many times. I have bin a member since 09 you can see how many times I have gotten clean and fucked up if you look up my old posts.
The most important part is to come back here and get support from fellow blue/greenlighters.
In my opinion you have more then enough sub for a 1-2 week quick taper if that is the route you want to take.
Have you considered maybe low dose maintenance for alittle while longer if you keep relapsing after a short while?
I was always against maintenance but now when I think back I feel like I made a big mistake and would have bin better off on subs for alittle while as opposed to shooting dope for ten years.
I feel you should do the taper schedule you wrote and if for some reason( hopefully not) you relapse. You should consider maintenance just for a couple months and see how you feel about it.
Goodluck man wish you all the best you can do this.

Day 2!!!! Of Heroin Taper -Sub Induction Process

Hey everyone thanks again for all the wonderful Reponses. So far so good... After my 3 month long daily binge... Getting out of control doing 2-3Grams per day... I'm thinking this Tapering is a good idea before I tranisition to sub. So.. doing about 20 bags per day.. this is my taper for this week.

Day 1: Yesterday Monday (.6 (6) bags) 2 am, 2 afternoon, 2 before bed.= [6]total
Day 2: Tuesday .2am .1afternoon .2 afternooon =[5] bags total
Day 3 Wed .2am .2 pm = [4]bags total
Day 4 Thur .1 am .2 pm = [3] bags total
Day 5 Fri .2 or .1 am only due to waiting 24 hour for sub = [1]-[2]=bags total

Tapering down .10 (1) bag per day until this next weekend. Then Induce suboxone on Sat. 4mg? I'm thinking. Wait about a hour and see how I feel.

Plan B: Would be Taper my Heroin for 2 weeks... and Do this.... 5/5/4/4/3/3/2/2/1/1/Skip/Sub So.. stay on a lower dose for 2 days each drop till I get down to 1 bag, then wait the 24 hours and sub. I just want to do this as painless as possible. I still have to work while I do all of this shit!!!!!!

Both plans sound good if you really have the discipline to stick to either or.
I for one would never be able to taper down with heroin even with subs once I would get down to .25mg a day all I can think about was if I blow a 2mg line id get high.
I am a all or nothing kind of junkie so tapering and maintenance never worked for me.
I have almost a year under my belt but it took a lot of fucking up to get here.
I do still drink alcohol and smoke pot socially once a week or so and do not follow a program or go to meetings.
I tried going to a meeting the other day cuz I was having a ruff day and just wanted to go somewhere to escape but I left midway it was a boring meeting.
I have bin to some amazing meetings tho that helped me tremendously.
The first three months when I got clean off opiates and benzos I went to 3 or 4 meetings a week it definetly helped me a lot. I kinda wish I was into the steps and meetings thing more but I'm just not.
I will continue to check in to this thread. I really hope you succeed man.

Lol Alfredo... this is no joke man.

Day 3... Well I used more then I intended, still not my usual 1-2g. I used 7 bags total.... Which is still a lot. THis is bs. This is such a hard thing, and Its ruining my life, bitch fest I know... So.. far My Taper has been 6/5/7....Ill try and stick to 4 today, and 3 tomororw, 2 friday... and start sub on Saturday like orginally planned. Idk if it was placebo, but I slept like shit last night, and threw up this morning from Anxiety... But it wasn't from withdrawal I don't think cuz I used .2(2) bags. Felt super anxious and puked about 30 mins later. I'm not at work. I can't do this anymore. IT's driving me mad, and I've lost everyone that I love and that loved me. It seems soo much harder this time when I don't have anyone. Its like the Heroin is my only friend... It's insane. I'm forgetting how to be happy normally and losing interest in life... Man.. pray for me . This blows.

I'm trying to quit, it's been almost 19 hours since I've used and I still feel fine! It never happened to me... is this normal??? My boyfriend has been clean for almost 24 hours and he's suffering so much :( he took 10mg Subutex and still feels like shit... any suggestions???

Thanks for reading <3