• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

COMFORT MED QUESTION

lovemissile66

Bluelighter
Well, its July folks!!! Must be that time. Time for another attempt at sobriety. Each stab I take at detoxing off of heroin, gets a little harder. I'm guessing its because I have been using that
much longer and I am not the Spring chicken I once was:) I can remember the very first time I went through withdrawal. This was after a year or so of moderate use. A CAKE WALK!!!

Now, its much more intense and the time I need to wait before I can induct on my Zubsolv is almost 2 days. Had a traumatic experience during my last detox. Thought I had surely waited
long enough from my last use of heroin...20-24 hours. NO-SIR-EEE! Hell on earth.

The only blessing with each subsequent detox, is that I have a larger arsenal of comfort meds in addition to the Zub.

A couple months ago I notched 5 days of clean time with nothing more than Clonidine and 4mgs of Zub, which I broke into pieces. I waited until the 2 day mark before I ate approx 1mg of
the Zub. It brought me nearly back to 'normal'. Then I came into some money....

Story of my life.

Now, because I refuse to give up or let this fucking drug win, I am readying myself for another go. This time I have:

60 clonidine HCL 0.1mg tablets
6 Zofran 8mg tabs
5 Zofran 4mg tabs
9 Mirapex 0.125mg tabs
6 Vistaril
4 Zubsolv 5.7/1.4 tablets

I have no benzos and I'm kinda relieved. That shit sneaks up on you and its a bitch to come off. I think the Clonidine helps more in regard to the anxiety and sweats and restlessness. Forget sleep.
Its not happening, no matter what I take.

I have set this up to be a short-term detox. Would like to be off the Zub within a week. I have never taken Vistaril or Mirapex. Any feedback on either of these drugs, or my post in general OR the
fact that I wrote so much before I got to my actual question;).....would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you fellow BLers

P.S. Stargazer aka Ten Years Gone....I hope all is well with you. I'm quietly wishing you come back and spread your wonderful wisdom and praise around. I miss you

I'm so glad you're coming off of it again. NEVER stop trying. You are so much stronger than that drug. You can do it! I've never heard of Zubsolv, I'm guessing it's like Suboxone? Sounds like you went through precipitated withdrawals when you took it too soon before clearing the heroin out of your system. That happens with Suboxone too. People take kratom to come off of Suboxone so kratom could probably help you come off the zubs if it's too bad. Just make sure you stop the kratom once you're over any acute withdrawals. Don't want another addiction.

Hopefully someone else can give you more information about Vistaril and Mirapex, I'm not familiar with those.

Anyway keep up the quitting, proud of you! :)

Thank you so much for the support! Its official tomorrow. I have no experience with either the Mirapex or Vistaril myself, so....I believe the Mirapex is for RLS and the Vistaril is merely
a antihistamine, like Benadryl, for anxiety. Usually I start to mildly freak out the day before I begin a detox. I guess I'm not as vulnerable because of this arsenal I put together. That being
said, its still no cake-walk.

Anyway, thanks again. It means a lot.

You got this! You have everything you need to overcome it and you will! Keep pushing forward! :)

You got this brother! I have found Bupe to work exceptionally well in the lowest dose. The norbuprenorphine that is converted in a 1mg dose will give you a sense of peace while going through this process. I'm here for any advice or just to talk man. I have tons of Suboxone and Clonidine for when things get rough and have found the Clonidine to be most helpful if taken 3 times throughout the day rather than more at once.

Be careful with the vistiral it increase rls. The bupe is the important part. But really it's just about perseverance. Embrace the suck

Thank you ALL for the wonderful advice!! This place is truly priceless.

FutureReference: I agree with your post about Clonidine.
During one of my detoxes back in May (unfortunately there was more than one:(), I found out the hard way about dosing with Clonidine. In the
midst of my detox, after 2-3 of zero sleep, I tried to take multiple doses at once and literally nothing happened. I think I would sleep for 15 minute increments. It is much better to spread the doses out,
JUST LIKE THE BOTTLE SAYS!!

CJ: In addition to the Vistaril, I also have Mirapex. I have never used it, but its apparently for Parkinson's? And RLS. Usually the Clonidine takes care of any RLS, but I may try the Mirapex to see if
it adds any benefit. Yeah, embrace the suck! Well put! That is really all one can do in these situations. Accept them for what they are and just go with it.

Peace All!

I'm not familiar with mirapex but if it's for rls and Parkinson I would try it

Last edited: