• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Benzo's

fizzacyst said:
Something else to bear in mind... it takes a little while for benzo's to absorb and take effect. 30 min isn't really that long to wait in teh grand scheme of things. But if you are depending on it to help you deal with a bad trip, 30 min may be an enternity.... and waiting around for that relief could make you more anxious than you were to begin with (it does me sometimes).
Still knowing that you have taken something that should help you somewhat might counteract the fact that you will have to wait for its effects to kick in ..

Cru54d3r said:
Still knowing that you have taken something that should help you somewhat might counteract the fact that you will have to wait for its effects to kick in ..

Exactly. Knowing that you should get some relief shortly can give relief on its own.

HooDaMuNGa said:
Shouldn't you just not take as much LSD instead? I honestly don't care either way, but it just seems unnecessary to dose Xanax with LSD every time just to "help with strong acid trips." Maybe I just read it wrong...

I also suffer from panic attacks and anxiety so w/o Xanax, trippin' on most psychedelics really is more uncomfortable and less fun.

Skip It. Skip It Good.

I take 4-8mg of xanax a day,
and I find that if I take my dose
before psychedelics/entactogens of any description
I don't get nearly as much out of the trip.
It even affects how high I can get from 'erb,
and takes away certain elements of the smoking experience.

So I don't.

It can make LSD trips a bit rough,
but whatcha gonna do.=D
Always keep 'em on hand, tho.

[4-8mg is at the higher end of the benzo consumption range tho, aye?:| ]

All that planning...
;)

Originally posted by BlueDolphin
Knowing that you should get some relief shortly can give relief on its own.

You so often eloquently pin it down.
:)

Good luck with the tapering/withdrawl off that 8mg a day, UnSquare. Heh. Peace.

Milk does release melatonin doesn't it? Isn't that why milk makes you kinda sleepy if you drink it before bed? I'm not sure if milk would effect you in anyway while trippin', but I highly doubt it.

Only If You Suck It From A Breast

sk8punk151 said:
8mg a day... jesus!

Jus' foll'w'in Doc's ordaa's. ;)
I've free-fall wif'draw'ln b'out 7-8 times
an' I can tell ya...
next one's a taper or I die...
Probably kill me anyway :)

does anyone know if drinking milk brings you down in anyway?

:D

lol. I had heard it when I was tripping on fractals. some guy was flipping shit so we gave him some milk and he was cool. placebo I guess.

Milk contains Tryptophan...

I assume drinking milk (and LOTS of it) will slightly increase the Serotonin levels in the brain. How that effects a trip, I am not sure.

Red Dot

Can't say I've ever had
the hankering for
a glass of milk whilst on acid,
but it wouldn't do anything
apart from maybe
make you think
about cows
& how milk comes out of them
& how your drinking it
& how abstract that is to a lysergically-drenched mind.
You might even become a Hindu.

In the interest of placebo's,
I think it would definitely work.

The Main Psychedelics & Benzo's Thread

I have did LSD like 40 times (witch Codeine sometimes, once with 2C-E <3 ), but now I would like to try benzos and LSD - I know benzos are used to cut the trip, but I also have read that makes you a lot less anxious and more "open" to the trip; what benzo would do you guys recommend? I cant get any benzo so thats not a problem.

Thanks in advance.

PS: The blotters are Rolling Stone aka pretty strong.

Something not too strong, perhaps valium or lorazepam?

Out of curiosity, what was 2C-E + LSD like?

^Yep, I think a long acting benzo would be preferable. You'll be better able to recall the trip later, too.

I would not necessarily reccomend it unless you wind up in an acute anxiety state. There is a lot of discussion and back and forth about whether or not benzos are a good idea or a good combo with tripping in this forum. I think they kind of soften and decrease the psychedelci nature fo the experiecne in a way that makes it less fulfilling and I wouldn't reccomend predosing with benzos in the absence of an anxiety attack or the like, BUT if you start having anxiety problems they are a good thing to have on hand. A fast acting one like lorazepam (Ativan) or midazolam (Versed) or alprazolam (Xanax) would be best so you can get out of that headspace as quickly as possible.

im not an experienced benzo or lsd user but i wouldnt take benzos unless i was having a bad trip cause id be afraid id black out while tripping and do something stupid. i know doing stimulants and benzos can cause some really bad black outs, and LSD like... has some stimulant properties and keeps u awake...

lifeguardsleeps said:
afraid id black out while tripping and do something stupid

This is a possibility.

It happened to a friend of mine on alcohol, mushrooms, and some smorgasbord of pharmaceuticals. He wound up getting arrested for open container, and then touched up quite nicely by the cops in jail. By all accounts it was not a pleasant trip 8o but the grin on his face when I came to pick him up from jail was one of the most honest expressions of pure joy I have ever seen ... =D

CrazyDiamond67 said:
I liked taking a little Klonopin on acid. It calms me down and lets me just relax and play music.
Yeah, I got a script for clonazepam and xanax. Both are wonderful on a trip. Xanax is definitely much stronger, but it has a short half life, much shorter than a cid trip. I prefer popping about 4mg of xanax when getting off my peak and 2mg of clonazepam during the length of my trip.