View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] 2C-B & Tryptamines

Youkai

Ex-Bluelighter
This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-B thread in which to discuss the combination of 2C-B and tryptamines. Please direct all questions and discussion about 2C-B plus tryptamines to this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xorkoth said:
You may be naturally quite tolerant to 2C-B. MGS is, and so am I. 20mg is a very low dose for me, practically threshold, even on an empty stomach. I would guess it's a combination of the meal and natural tolerance. I suggest trying it again a week or so later, on an empty stomach (2C-B is not known to cause much if any nausea), at 20mg. Then you can try moving your dose up accordingly next time, if necessary.

In general, you should avoid eating too close to taking a psychedelic. Especially with a lot of phenethylamines, I find that it really makes it take longer to work and it comes on much weaker.
unles it's DMT..:p Iv had some great DMT blasts after eating some raw bacon.. dont know why but it was just felt so much smoother of a ride (the bacon being raw and the DMT)

Last edited by a moderator:
e1evene1even said:
Since someone else stated it above, I thought I would reiterate how amazing 2C-B combines with alcohol for me (perhaps something to do with alcohols effect on dopamine). I also agree combos are the best way to see 2C-B's true potential, in my experience its usually best to take the 2C-B after the other substance.

I think it could be awesome with 4-AcO-DMT.

2C-B is rather friendly and a few mg either way shouldn't make a huge difference like it can with something like 2C-B. With that said, eyeballing anything can easily lead to problems (I'm sure Generation E is well aware of this and this comment is not directed at him/her), when I received what was supposed to be 80mg of 2C-B and 20mg of DOC turned out to be 250mg of 2C-B and 60mg of DOC, because the person didn't have an accurate scale.

My first 2C-B trip was also a bit nerve racking at the start because I thought maybe I took DOC by mistake. After that trip I vowed to ALWAYS follow the advice to always test any new substance or batch in the sub-milligram range to be certain it has not been mixed up with a different substance or that you don't have a negative idiosyncratic reaction.

2c-b is awesome in combination with 4-aco-dmt. All the fun a good feelings of 2c-b combined with the depth of 4-aco-dmt :D

^ I haven't tried 2C-B, but I've combined mushrooms with 2C-I and was generally unimpressed by the results. I didn't find any notable synergy between these drugs. I dosed 2C-I first and took the mushrooms as soon as it plateau'd. When the shrooms came on, they seemed to pretty much take over the effects. Maybe the problem was with my timing (should have taken mushrooms earlier, in fact I planned to do so, but found it hard to force myself to eat them while coming up on 2C-I).

unsui said:
2c-b seems sort of hollow to me. it's lacking something. everybody who i have shared it with loves it though. the visuals remind me a lot of LSD, but when i take higher doses i always seem to throw up within an hour and never get to trip. i have pretty much given up on this chemical. i have 28mg left and am thinking i should add some LSD to the mix. i remember reading on here that it was a pretty nice combo. we'll seeeee.

I wholeheartedly agree. It's a bit too superficial for my tastes ... great if you're looking for pretty visuals and some good laughs, but lacks the qualities I look for in a psychedelic. I've tried it three times and never came away from the experience feeling refreshed and rejuvenated like I do with some others.

A friend took 36 mg 2C-B about 4 hours after dropping acid and loved it, but he's always loved 2C-B so I don't know how helpful that info is.

tablehead said:
2c-b + Muchsrooms..
Any experiences and/or comments

2C-B + 4-ho-dipt was a terrible combo ... not sure what I was thinking when I decided on that one. There was just too much energy to deal with. Mushrooms might be slightly better suited, but I wouldn't try it personally.

I would try 2CB + 4-HO-DMT, I think it might be a good combo-

I dont try the phens much more anymore, since what dondante says about 2CB (doesn't refresh him in so many words) applies for me to most of the phen experiences I've had - they drain a lot of inner strength from me-

Hey E1,

NYE, I tripped for the first time in 3 months on 24mg of psilocin and a pile of DMT (I don't know how much, I didn't take more than 30mg at once, but I did that a few times iirc).

At points I was very terrified, and this is probably my 10th trip on this batch of psiloc in alone and probably at least my hundreth time tripping!

I know what you mean about easing back into it...from now on if I have a break that long I am NOT going to do a large dose and am going to take a more 'gentle' psychedelic.

(I actually find DMT to be very useful for this)

peace and love!
S_S

thinking about a mushrooms + 2c-b combo. anybody done this? dosages? effects? any insight if this combo is a gem or garbage?

i think i would dose the 2c-b after the mushroom peak

DT, great idea for a combo, i have definitely thought of it before & (kinda) tried it once... i had one medium-sized dried mushroom cap (very high quality) & then 20mg later on. i'd say the cap added a nice touch, but the situation itself kind of messed it up for me. (i've told you this story.)

but yeah, right after the mushroom peak the trip starts to go into introspective territory for me, kind of a "wrap-up"... i would think 2c-b would synergize nicely with this. i'd still try mushrooms alone first, though.

5-meo-mipt and 2c-b

So has anyone had any experience combining 5-meo-mipt and 2c-b. I've read moxy really puts you in a happy ecstasy like mood with music enhanced but mild visuals. The 2c-b certainly has strong visuals, at least for me, but doesn't quite get me in a really euphoric mood. What do you think of this combo?

Please don't use drug slang here. We try to limit instead of perpetuate it.

Merged in a question about combining 2C-B and 5-MeO-MiPT.

I haven't tried this particular combination, but I have heard that 5-MeO-MiPT does not play well with others from a variety of sources. However, one of my favorite combos in 2C-C + 2C-E + 5-MeO-MiPT. In that combo, however, I use a low dose (1-2mg) of 5-MeO-MiPT.

My thought is that they will go well together, but go easy on the 5-MeO-MiPT. Start with maybe 2mg and then if it is free of any potentially worrying side effects, try a bit more next time. And let us know how it goes. :)

Thanks for providing an answer with some good information xorkoth. The 3 posts before yours are just useless...

a few people I know who are big 5-meo-mipt enthusaists find it adds wonderfully to many combinations.

I agree with that notion... the one I've tried is low-mid dose LSD + low-dose HBW seeds + about 7mg 5-meo-mipt insufflated + lots of nitrous after that. it was amazing, and highly memorable. I could spew positive hyperbole about that experience for a long time ;)

I think 5-meo-mipt + 2c-b could turn out well, but also has potential for some uncomfortable gastric tension or some overstimulation.

I did this with 2 friends of mine. The friends started out by taking 2c-b and 4-aco-dmt together and they appeared to be really out of it and I decided to finish one of the doses of 4-aco later in the afternoon, adding it to my 2c-b.

One friend said that she saw everything as a misty white fog and couldn't focus on anything, was just sort of in a very psychedelic mental state in the middle of a white fog.

The other friend said he felt like he was going deep into his psyche and wanted to be alone. I do remember he sat on a small piece of dry old dog shit and didn't notice =D It wasn't too bad, but he was like 'what smells like shit?'

We had been taking psychedelics for days at that point so were probably all a little nuts, but my friend who had the white out experience mentions it frequently, so I think it made quite an impression on her.

I took 2cb and then a small amount of 4-aco-dmt (probably about 8 mg) after the peak of the 2cb and didn't feel anything too remarkable or special--very drunk and clumsy and giggly and like things were kind of spinning and I could see through dimensions into other dimensions. I remember looking at a Buckminster Fuller dome structure at the Parc Jean Drapeau in Montreal and the geometry of the thing was almost painful.

I prefer 4-aco on it's own because it is so amazing and profound that I'm afraid to dose to high with it in combination with another drug but would go up to 20 or 25 mg if the setting was right. There is no doubt in my mind that 4-aco and 2c-b together could have profound and frightening results, but the former compound should be used very carefully and respectfully--even if it's for recreational purposes, keep it real about the depth and seriousness of that substance.

about 15mg 2c-b (nasally) and about 1,5 grams shromms, psilocybe cubensis B+. Shrooms and 2c-b is a perfect match, the 2c-b prevents / mitigates a "bad" shroom trip, the shrooms booster the visuals from the 2c-b. Its nice. the visual are pretty and intense. if you take a baloon (or two, or three^^) N2O when you platau'ed your on your way to a ++++ (shulgin scale). really psychedelic. really impressive.

tablehead said:
2c-b + Muchsrooms..
Any experiences and/or comments
I had a very difficult, disorienting trip on this combination. Would not recommend it (but perhaps it was just set/setting).

I love 2CB + DMT <3

Champ, I sort of agree with your interpretation that 4-aco-DMT shouldn't be mixed with 2C-B... as 4-aco-DMT deserves a bit more respect than that!

I have combined 2C-B with LSD, and while it did take me to psychedelic soup world, I found the quality and clarity of the LSD mind-trip to diminish after the 2C-B kicked in.

I am fairly certain I've combined it with 4-aco-MiPT as well and found this visually immersive but of less real value than 4-aco-MiPT on its own. It was just very confusing and pointless.

I do not really like 2C-B though, in case you can't tell, I find it feels somewhat toxic both physically and psychologically.

I often find tryptamines very confusing, but rarely pointless.

Maybe it's an overly pedantic or false distinction to make but tryptamines always feel Dionysian to me while phenethylamines feel more Apollonian.
Tryptamines have the qualities of a drunken, earthy, orgiastic sensuality while phens are more cerebral and cultural and more suited to thinking long and hard about some complicated concept or problem.

Of course every experience is different-ish.