• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] 2C-B + MAOIs

I once did 6 mg of 2C-B while on 450 mg moclobemide (daily). It potentiated the 2C-B about 2 or 3 times. It had no side effects, it felt like 2C-B at ~15 mg. I haven't yet tried higher doses.

I also tried 2C-I a few times while on moclobemide, with a maximum dose of 6 mg. The potentiation was about 3 to 4 times. No problems at any of these trials.

I once did 4 mg 2C-E while on moclobemide. I'm not that experienced with 2C-E but I think this was equivalent to ~14 mg. Again no signs of problems.

Disclaimer: the fact that I had no problems with these combos doesn't necessarily mean that they are safe.

yes I would be very careful with this combination. The possibility for getting into danger is certainly there I think...its a major unknown.

450mg of moclo also seems like overkill.

Gaian Planes said:
450mg of moclo also seems like overkill.

It probably is for a single potentiation experience (huasca style). But it's a prescribed medicine for me, I take it daily. With this type of use it can be taken up to 600 mg daily (gradually building up the dose).

Thanks for contributing... there was nothing in both of the Big and Dandy 2C-B threads (archived and active) about the combo. :)

On moclobemide, 2C-B should never be taken in more than 7-8mg, otherwise you will trip for over 14 hours and loose your mind.

I take 600mg Moclobemide daily (prescribed) and tried 5mg 2CB the other day - it was a full yet manageable experience, positive, energetic feeling, good for dancing and some nice visuals. It lasted about 9 hours but took a good hour and a half/ two hours to come on. During this time colour gradually and almost imperceptibly enhanced in intensity, and after about 4 hours it became really quite psychedelic. Do not take another dose!

I would not recommend this combination due to the very real possibility of accidentally overdosing - if I had taken a full 'normal' dose of 20mg I can imagine ending up in hospital, or worse. I've been taking moclobemide for about four years and am an experienced psychedelic user so I felt less worried about trying a very small dose, knowing how these types of drugs affect me, and after doing my research. Having said that, I would not want to take more than 5mg 2CB with moclobemide.

This combination is fairly unchartered waters, so I'm hoping my experience helps inform others.

Last edited:
Have you taken 2C-B without moclobemide? Does it normally last 9 hours for you, or is that because of the MAOI? For me 2C-B lasts about 5 hours, no more. And that's at 30-35mg.

2C-B lasts me 9hrs to base. I have had harmaline with 2C-C; seemed to enhanse it somewhat but a different feel

No, I haven't taken 2C-B without moclobemide. However I would assume the longer than normal duration is due to the MAOI. I never had such long durations with psychedelics pre-MAOI. Then again, there is considerable individual variation anyway!

If you're interested, I've taken a few other psychedelics on 600mg daily moclobemide with interesting outcomes:
4-ho-met: 8mg oral was a weak/normal trip, 15mg oral was a very strong (fun) trip (and lasted 8-9 hours to base)
4-aco-dmt: 7mg insufflated was a very strong, very visual trip (unexpectedly and uncomfortably so)
DMT: 20mg vaped was a breakthrough trip and lasted 40 minutes (instead of usual 5 mins) with afterglow for 3 hours (beautiful)

LSD: 150-200ug - no increase in length of trip but very strong visuals compared to what others report on similar dosages
AL-LAD: 225ug - similar to LSD but even more obnoxiously visual. Had some lasting visual artefacts a few weeks after this (snow, halos, tracers)

MDMA (very dangerous with an MAOI!) - 80mg - strong stimulation, at times uncomfortable, very harsh crash, no increase in length of trip (DO NOT DO THIS)

Moclobemide has disgusting peripheral effects if you take enough. And when using it for low dose oral dmt, IT WOULD only make the DMT last for like 45 min. for me. Harmaline + Harmine provided a multi-hour experience. LOL at the moclobemide fad. What a disgusting drug.

How much do you mean by "enough" red? You only need to take 300mg max and that doesn't have any side-effects. Interesting that you think harmine makes the DMT lasts longer - I was always disappointed in how long dmt and moclo lasted - it's a bit longer than that for me, maybe 60-90 mins.

Moclobemide has disgusting peripheral effects if you take enough. And when using it for low dose oral dmt, IT WOULD only make the DMT last for like 45 min. for me. Harmaline + Harmine provided a multi-hour experience. LOL at the moclobemide fad. What a disgusting drug.

Prescribed, moclobemide has been very beneficial for me, I wouldn't say it's disgusting at all. My brain is used to it due to taking it every day, so I don't notice any peripheral effects. If you took my dose (600mg) as a one off, you probably would feel quite uncomfortable - when I started it I got stomach aches and shaking hands, and that was on 150mg.

Harmaline is an irreversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase (enzyme), which means harmaline bonds with and sticks to the enzyme, making it useless! This enzyme degrades DMT, so if it's useless, oral DMT will last until your body has made lots of new enzyme - this can take a few hours.

Moclobemide is a reversible inhibitor, which means it can be knocked off the enzyme. Your body can knock the moclobemide off much more quickly than it can make lots of new enzyme. So oral DMT with moclobemide won't last anywhere near as long as with harmaline.

My experience with vaped DMT and moclobemide lasted 45mins+, compared to the normal 5mins.
Has anyone tried vaped DMT with an irreversible MAO inhibitor? I'd be interested to see how long that lasted!