• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Combining with citalopram

FVK

Greenlighter
Good day all,

I have a question, a friend of mine have to take a daily dose of 5mg S-citalopram. We want to a party soon and maybe she want to take some other drugs. I know the citalopram is an SSRI and working on the serotonin receptor, so i was reading some stuff what is possible to combine. When you combine it with MDMA or other drug what especially stimulates the serotonin, you have to be careful because of a serotonin syndrom. She don't want to take that risk, so the most common drugs whats comes in my mind are amphetamines. So i were thinking and thought maybe 4-FMA is a possible drug. 4-Fluoromethamphetamine commonly stimulates noradrenaline, dopamine and some serotonin. Of course combining drugs are never good, neither taking a drug on his own. But i want to know if the combination Citalopram and 4-FMP won't be that harmful, or should there be another drug what wil be better to combine with citalopram? Like 2-CB or something?

I hope somebody can help me further.

Greets,
FVK

Combining antidepressants with amps can be potentially harmful since many amps and related drugs have some serotonergic activity. However, it's not uncommon for them to be prescribed in tandem since the serotonergic activity of amps are usually not a problem at therapeutic doses.

That said, I would not combine RC stims with antidepressants. You're taking s bigger risk since it's not clear what doses would be safe to take with an SSRI or if they're even safe to take with SSRIs at all.

We don't allow threads that ask for drug recommendations. I'm fine with leaving this open for now so you can get answers on whether certain drugs are okay to take with SSRIs and I think it's fine for people to point out certain classes of drug that should be avoided. However, I'll have to close this if it turns into a drug recommendation discussion about how to get your friend high.

Thanks for let the threat be open. Its not i need a answer what drugs will good, but just what drug can be used because of the working of citalopram.

With the RC, you are right but aren't there some clearly researches done about 4-fma right now? And he don't want to be high af, but just want a little, so the doses wouldn't be that high.