• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Combining dissociatives

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Afaik the NMDA receptor is a bit more complex than your usual e.g. mu, in that mu is mainly there to be agonized by endomorphine/endorphine while NMDA is an active ion channel and is involved in many processes like memory, and necessary for normal brain function. Antagonizing it beyond a certain degree will lead to unconsciousness*. So it might be more sensitive to mixing antagonists with differing kinetics or even sites, like e.g. DXM/O & memantine, or K & memantine, or K & DXM.

Strangely many people combine dissociatives with good results, including myself in early years but with increased tolerance I began to get weird, really weird sensory features like seemingly random, yet reproduceable artifacts in vision (DXM) or blubbing noise distortion (memantine & ACH). Mem & DXM were good together many years ago, didn't try in recent times. One might well label it psychotomimetic, yeah I know dissos themselves carry this label but that's mainly from PCP(?) which is a bit unique and has been very poorly dosed by dipping cigs in solution.. there are huge differences between what's labelled as psychosis, as well as between disso-induced mental state, toxic psychosis, and psychedelis. The first and the last have more in common than the second even when all are vasty different. This was most present with memantine & other agent, DXM & other agent and mostly absent when mixing non-3-HO arylcyclohexylamines.

So what's the deal with mixing NMDA antagonists? Strange? To avoid? Dangerous?

Thinking about getting some DXM as a booster for memantine, because I feel its D2 agonism at low doses where the dissociative effects are mostly absent and don't wanna waste it.. but also psychosis once was enough.

* I've read that K has a dual mechanism, and that it isn't even the NMDA antagonism but something GABAergic(?) which causes anesthesia with it but all the dissociatives are anesthetics when "overdosed" and with a remarkable safety. Personally watched a MXE overdose who just slept it off, and later on the hunt for the hole (which I never ever reached in like 10 years) I've anesthesized myself countless times with some confusion being all I got..

Last edited:
Afaik the NMDA receptor is a bit more complex than your usual e.g. mu, in that mu is mainly there to be agonized by endomorphine/endorphine while NMDA is an active ion channel and is involved in many processes like memory, and necessary for normal brain function. Antagonizing it beyond a certain degree will lead to unconsciousness*. So it might be more sensitive to mixing antagonists with differing kinetics or even sites, like e.g. DXM/O & memantine, or K & memantine, or K & DXM.

Strangely many people combine dissociatives with good results, including myself in early years but with increased tolerance I began to get weird, really weird sensory features like seemingly random, yet reproduceable artifacts in vision (DXM) or blubbing noise distortion (memantine & ACH). Mem & DXM were good together many years ago, didn't try in recent times. One might well label it psychotomimetic, yeah I know dissos themselves carry this label but that's mainly from PCP(?) which is a bit unique and has been very poorly dosed by dipping cigs in solution.. there are huge differences between what's labelled as psychosis, as well as between disso-induced mental state, toxic psychosis, and psychedelis. The first and the last have more in common than the second even when all are vasty different. This was most present with memantine & other agent, DXM & other agent and mostly absent when mixing non-3-HO arylcyclohexylamines.

So what's the deal with mixing NMDA antagonists? Strange? To avoid? Dangerous?

Thinking about getting some DXM as a booster for memantine, because I feel its D2 agonism at low doses where the dissociative effects are mostly absent and don't wanna waste it.. but also psychosis once was enough.

* I've read that K has a dual mechanism, and that it isn't even the NMDA antagonism but something GABAergic(?) which causes anesthesia with it but all the dissociatives are anesthetics when "overdosed" and with a remarkable safety. Personally watched a MXE overdose who just slept it off, and later on the hunt for the hole (which I never ever reached in like 10 years) I've anesthesized myself countless times with some confusion being all I got..
Not all dissociatives have a safe hole or a safe anesthetic dose. I tried to hole with 3-meo-PCP and ended up in the hospital having seizures for two hours.
An mxe overdose is a hole. A 3-meo-PCP one could be deadly.

I never ever reached a true hole. Sometimes no real CEVs either and never ever in color. Only once did I have a borderline out of body experience, at least like gravity was out for lunch, and O-PCM let me hover through imaginary landscapes but imaginary as in when you imaginate something in your mind while sober, not as in full HD visuals. Somehow I blame antidepressants for that, in my adolescence I was into DXM and the first few trips were colorful but then I got prescribed venlafaxine and from then on no more imagination and color. Yet it might also have been the DXM itself, but never read anything similar from others so the odds are on venlafaxine. I'm still dependent/addicted on/to SSRIs, fluoxetine currently but 40mg/d, anything less and I'd suffer tremendously. Managed to go through this for a week, and the stuff only grew in intensity, so I relapsed again back to ADs and thus can't say for sure. It would be like Christmas if I could get colorful CEVs back..

MXE was imho the most physically benign dissociative somehow but years ago when it was fresh out and I didn't yet have tolerance, overdoses (like 50+mg) of MXE would end up in temporary psychosis. Trashed my rooms and broke a window for example. Didn't happen anymore with tolerance, then I would at some point just pass out into dissociative anesthesia and sleep for some hours, then wake up slightly confused but that was it, with MXE, O-PCM and O-PCE. No hole.

Yerah, 3-MeO-PCP is a beast. Triggered the one and only manic episode I've ever had, did some nasty shit. I'm not completely sure if it wasn't something else because a previous use of 3-MeO-PCP gave me just the impression of it being pretty strong and sort of a woodhammer dissociative but not psychotomimetic or mania triggering (besides the usual stuff that most dissos do, they induce hypomania but only for as long as the chem is active, maybe left antidepressant effect for some days to weeks but not a full on mania).

Last edited:
I'm gonna try doing some nitrous on ketamine soon and see if I can trip and hole.