• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Combatting Low Libido from Opiates?

Tongkat Ali, anyone got experience with it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurycoma_longifolia

Did you ever give Tongkat Ali a try? Or has anyone else? I'm curious to hear if anyone has any input or thoughts about it.

I've just purchased an extract from a reputable nootropics vendor and will begin experimenting with it in a week or so. I'm hoping to find improvement in both libido and exercise. I have been on opioids long term and therefore suffer from a low libido and also seems that gains from exercise are both slower to appear and require more effort to achieve. Hopefully the extract can help, I'm not ready to give actual hormone therapy a try. I am working to taper off and will quit eventually but in the meantime searching for things that'll help.

Seems zinc might be beneficial as well but I still need to do some more reading....

Bump in the hopes somebody has tried Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) and cares to share about it? I'll be starting my experimentation with it in a day or two. I'll use it for a week or two and then report back. Here's hoping it provides some benefits 🤞

Also wanted to mention Agmatine Sulfate: I do not believe it has a direct effect on my libido. However I've been taking it 3 times daily at 500mg per dose. The agmatine seems to help by allowing me to get by with slightly smaller doses as well as dosing less frequently without experiencing too much discomfort. Since I am using less opioids I have noticed an increase in my libido. So the agmatine seems to be helping in that regard but only indirectly.

If you are planning to taper then I recommend giving agmatine a look. It is not a miracle but it does seem to give slight edge with the opioid tapering process. Only downside I've experienced so far is that it seems to blunt some of the opioid euphoria but if your genuinely trying to taper then this should be a non issue.

Bump in the hopes somebody has tried Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) and cares to share about it? I'll be starting my experimentation with it in a day or two. I'll use it for a week or two and then report back. Here's hoping it provides some benefits 🤞

Also wanted to mention Agmatine Sulfate: I do not believe it has a direct effect on my libido. However I've been taking it 3 times daily at 500mg per dose. The agmatine seems to help by allowing me to get by with slightly smaller doses as well as dosing less frequently without experiencing too much discomfort. Since I am using less opioids I have noticed an increase in my libido. So the agmatine seems to be helping in that regard but only indirectly.

If you are planning to taper then I recommend giving agmatine a look. It is not a miracle but it does seem to give slight edge with the opioid tapering process. Only downside I've experienced so far is that it seems to blunt some of the opioid euphoria but if your genuinely trying to taper then this should be a non issue.

Have not tried but did notice a benefit to maca and mucuna pruriens but they mess with levels of the brain so not sure mucuna is the best option, but at first it really was a wonder even just 1-2 hours before

Have not tried but did notice a benefit to maca and mucuna pruriens but they mess with levels of the brain so not sure mucuna is the best option, but at first it really was a wonder even just 1-2 hours before

I'll look into these, perhaps I'll give them a go at some point. Thanks.

Ive been wondering about trying either pt-141 or Melanotan-2 for this purpose, not all the time just an occasional thing... any one have any experience with either?

There’s one sure fire way to attain and maintain an erection, and none of you has yet mentioned it.

A penis pump. Using suction, the pump will give you a strong erection, unless you’re unable to get and/or keep erections due to Peyronie’s Disease.

Assuming that there is nothing anatomically preventing you from getting an erection, such as scarring or an injury, try the penis pump, then, when erect, slide on a cock ring.

Some pumps are designed for you to place a cock ring right on the pump, so that when you attain a full erection, it’s a simple matter of sliding the cock ring over the end of the pump, and right onto your shaft.

It’s drug free, lasts as long as you need it to (just remove the cock ring when you’re done with your delightful deeds) and its cheap. Though I haven’t looked, I’m nearly 100% certain you could locate one on Amazon.