• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Collapsed veins

Oleander

Bluelighter
Hi. I hope this is in the right section because I wasn’t sure where to post it. I’ve used heroin about 5 years and smoked it the first 3 years of using it. I started slamming about 2 years ago but I wasn’t using on a consistent basis because I had periods of recovery in there as well. Not a lot, but some. This year though I had my most amount of time clean which was 5 months, then I relapsed in June and have been using almost daily since then. Of course I started off using the veins within the crook of my elbow and used the hands sparingly. After awhile though, the elbow ones started hurting really badly whenever I’d try shooting up so I used my hands most of the time afterwards. I’m not sure if the veins are collapsed or not, but I know that they are worn out. I can’t hit with them anymore because I don’t register any blood when I try. They are a little hard and dark, like black and blue. Have they collapsed? Or is it a clot or something? I can’t seem to find anything online that it sounds like and I don’t know anyone who would be able to tell me if they are or not. If anyone can help me out that would be fantastic. Btw, the pic I put up isn’t that great, it looks more like a mole than a track mark, but at least it shows what it looks like. Thanks again

Attachments

• 53BBECA3-92FB-4F7C-ADA7-80C89A74C86B.jpeg
    53BBECA3-92FB-4F7C-ADA7-80C89A74C86B.jpeg
    886.7 KB · Views: 17
I would say your vein collapsed. If you know you're for sure in the vein but no blood registers, that's usually due to collapsed veins. I have friends whos veins are collapsed but you can see them very well, they look deep and very dark. Use the other veins on your arm, the ones that are right next to the crook. Whenever I take a hot shower I always study my veins to get a good look at them to know where I can go. Also start with high on the arm and then gradually move down. And switch back and forth between other spots. Be careful!

you should consider getting on suboxone, quitting for good or taking a break at least. U seem like your usage is starting to harm your body really bad. Please don't wait til you have an abcess, shoot an artery, or start shooting in ur groin/neck till u realize u need to quit. Take care of yourself man, your body is a temple. Get off the skag before u start having serious problems. Take care, NZN

my vein looks like this from years of shooting coke too. it still works though, but I just bang pure morphine amps nowdays. I've lost 3 more veins besides that one aswell. Last time I went to the hospital and they needed to take a blood sample they had to do it from a vein in my hand. In a life threatening event we are fucked up if they need to put an iv drip on us.

Attachments

• 1564274285890532034259.jpg
    1564274285890532034259.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi. I hope this is in the right section because I wasn’t sure where to post it. I’ve used heroin about 5 years and smoked it the first 3 years of using it. I started slamming about 2 years ago but I wasn’t using on a consistent basis because I had periods of recovery in there as well. Not a lot, but some. This year though I had my most amount of time clean which was 5 months, then I relapsed in June and have been using almost daily since then. Of course I started off using the veins within the crook of my elbow and used the hands sparingly. After awhile though, the elbow ones started hurting really badly whenever I’d try shooting up so I used my hands most of the time afterwards. I’m not sure if the veins are collapsed or not, but I know that they are worn out. I can’t hit with them anymore because I don’t register any blood when I try. They are a little hard and dark, like black and blue. Have they collapsed? Or is it a clot or something? I can’t seem to find anything online that it sounds like and I don’t know anyone who would be able to tell me if they are or not. If anyone can help me out that would be fantastic. Btw, the pic I put up isn’t that great, it looks more like a mole than a track mark, but at least it shows what it looks like. Thanks again
I would say your vein has collapsed. Sometimes, after time, they come back. But, my go to spot for about eight years of using, collapsed about five years ago and still hasn't come back. And it is in the crook of my arm.