• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Hey all. I've done a cwe on 18 Stanley acetaminophen/codeine/caffeine tablets. Now the resulting product is cloudy af, but I've never done it on this many pills before.

What I'm thinking is the cloudiness is from dyes and binders because there is no sediment forming whatsoever in the mix, just a consistent dull white colour.

Also, the acetaminophen rings in at around 5.1 grams. There was a huge chunk of solid in the filter paper and also a lot left over in the first glass.

I'm thinking it's safe to use, but I haven't because; a) I have some oxy for tonight so I'm in no rush to take it and b) I don't wanna risk taking that much acet anyway.

I really don't wanna do a second filtration. Have you guys ever had a cwe become really cloudy from binders and fillers and not acetaminophen before?

Ps. This ain't my first rodeo. I've been CWEing for years so I know what I'm doing.

Thanks guys

It sounds fine dope one of the good signs is catching a big bowl of gunk which sounds like you have the cloudiness is from the caffiene and if you really want to be careful try sipping it and taste it if you taste bitterness then your all goos but if you taste acet(which I would be suprised if everything you said)do another dilter

I had my last bit of codeine yesterday so im quitting not that I have much of a choice but this break will do me good..

It sounds fine dope one of the good signs is catching a big bowl of gunk which sounds like you have the cloudiness is from the caffiene and if you really want to be careful try sipping it and taste it if you taste bitterness then your all goos but if you taste acet(which I would be suprised if everything you said)do another dilter
Yeah the Stanley's are cloudy as fuck anyway usually. I think it'll be alright I was just being a little paranoid lol I've done this hundreds of times. There's no sediment in the water and I got a huge mass of acet in the filter so should be ok. Just realized as well the Stanley's are coated with white coating (almost like the old OxyContin but thinner)

Yeah the Stanley's are cloudy as fuck anyway usually. I think it'll be alright I was just being a little paranoid lol I've done this hundreds of times. There's no sediment in the water and I got a huge mass of acet in the filter so should be ok. Just realized as well the Stanley's are coated with white coating (almost like the old OxyContin but thinner)
Yeah they have other stuf in them that clouds the water you can tell the difference by looking through the water and if it is see through or nearly see through and there isn't much at the bottom(thata where 95% of apap is) your good to go

Yeah they have other stuf in them that clouds the water you can tell the difference by looking through the water and if it is see through or nearly see through and there isn't much at the bottom(thata where 95% of apap is) your good to go
It's too bad otc codeine is shit. I got higher off the caffeine. Whatever happened to the good ol days when 150mg of codeine would have me nodding my face off lol. Time to call my guy for some more percs.

I dunno �� 512mg of codeine can have me in a very happy place

I dunno �� 512mg of codeine can have me in a very happy place
Too bad with the otcs that much codeine would be a few grams of caffeine.

Unless you guys know some secret way to strip the caffeine as well then I'm all ears lol.

I love getting Tylenol 3s/atasol 30. I'll mix up a monstrous drink of extracted codeine with those and get a nice buzz. I love how organic codeine feels compared to synthetic opioids if you catch my drift.

Codeines the best if you the right genetic make up and control tolerance

Codeines the best if you the right genetic make up and control tolerance
The problem for me is cross tolerance which is basically starting to render codeine useless. I used to love it back when I could get high off the otc stuff. Now it's a caffeine overdose waiting to happen.

Just thought id let you guys know ive 'tweaked' my method a bit, now i pour in JUST enough warm water to paste it up so its all in a paste form then I carefully stir for a minute or two after this i take some nice ice cold water pre cooled in the fridge and wallah no need to cool down this is actually a popular method where im from

Just thought id let you guys know ive 'tweaked' my method a bit, now i pour in JUST enough warm water to paste it up so its all in a paste form then I carefully stir for a minute or two after this i take some nice ice cold water pre cooled in the fridge and wallah no need to cool down this is actually a popular method where im from
Does it work with tramacet (tramadol/acetaminophen)? I just recently came into thirty of these shitty fuckers. That method sounds a lot better.

I have CWE'd tramadol/acetaminophen (Doreta called here in Romania) a lot of times, the same way as with codeine, only this pills had a thing that made the solution pink but I judged the amount of APAP filter by the sludge left in the object used as filter.

I have CWE'd tramadol/acetaminophen (Doreta called here in Romania) a lot of times, the same way as with codeine, only this pills had a thing that made the solution pink but I judged the amount of APAP filter by the sludge left in the object used as filter.
Cool thanks might try it later

Hey guys whats the minimal time to wait until you can redose codeie again?

I know I'm kind of a party pooper with this one but please, do not do a cold water extraction, this is the most dangerous way of taking opioids, because no matter how much you filter it, there will always be left some amount of acetaminophen (or whatever it's mixed with) in your end result and if you get addicted and CWE is your only means of getting those opioids then in a few months time it will become a life-threatening situation if it's done daily, especially if you're addicted because then you start caring less and less about how well you actually filter the water and care more about speeding things up, I'm talking from personal experiences here, I used to do it daily for 2 months, sometimes 2-3 doses a day and half way into the third month I was vomiting blood from all the damage that acetaminophen had done to my insides, thankfully I managed to go cold turkey on it after that and get some treatment but it was incredibly difficult and the drawbacks were some of the worst I've had in my life, so please, try to get codeine in it's pure form if you want to use it, learn from my mistakes, doing a cold water extraction is playing with fire.

I would say no less than 8 hours. I usually try to wait 24 hours.
I find it hard sometimes not to redose before 8 hours but after waiting and taking them I definetely noticed increased effects more than if I hadn't waited I would be interested to know how long other people wait inbetween doses

sorry for posting but I just want to say I jever beleived in the enzyme saturation thing but I do now since ive waited longer between doses I have noticed smoother high and also much less anxiety

Ok this is my method . please let me know if I?m doing things wrong

32-48 ibuprofen (I think this is called Advil in the states?) + tabs 12.4mg / 200mg

Ok I used to crush the tabs with pestle and mortar but found this laborious anyways

So ....

I get 250ml of warm tepid water and stir till totally dissolved (about 5-6mins)

I then place glass In freezer for 30-45 mins

What I have this point usually is milk coloured water with a thick sludge at the bottom after I take out the glass

I Then get a pint glass and a really good tea strainer with tiny holes that fit over the pint glass

This leaves all the solid sludge in the tea filter and I?m left with a white milky liquid

I throw the sludge. not sure how I could get any more codine from it anyways? as even if I used a coffee filter it goes sold or just 1 drip at time for a bit .

I then drink it or store it in the fridge for 24 hours

Any thing I?m doing wrong or co do to improve my CWE

Last edited: