• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cold Turkey Methadone Detox

drapedup

Bluelighter
It can be done without medical supervision. I just came off of 120mg daily abruptly. I spent about 3-4 days sedated and watched by my fiance, but after that I dealt with the pain and anxiety by meditating and exercising.

Physical work helps. If you are in pain, remember that it isn't real and you can get past this shit. Methadone is bad. It kept me a slave for a long time, and wasted a lot of my life.

I feel like a new person - over 2 weeks without an opiate in my system. I still have long term WD's (irritable skin, restlessness, unnecessary soreness after work etc etc. ) but it's nothing that isn't manageable with showers, lotion, stretching, and meditation.

Your mind is the most important component in controlling your body. Remember your addiction is in your mind, and the physical dependence CAN be broken at any time.

I am not necessarily recommending cold turkey methadone withdrawal to people, because it is very rough, but I am saying that it can be done and I am living proof of this.

If you have any questions on what I did and what I'm doing to stay clean please contact me. I'm here to HELP. Anyone anytime.

-J

Damn. You must be an intensely strong-willed individual. jumping off 120mg cold turkey is definitely not recommended for just anyone....your average joe couldn't handle that. So that says a lot about you. When I think about the type of person who can do what you are doing, I think of monks living up in the mountains spending most of the day meditating...

120mg a day isnt much, or am i just doing too much?? over the past few weeks i think i've been averageing about 2 grams a day and i've gone without any for 2 days and it isnt too hard

2 grams of methadone ? No one in the US provides 2000Mg of methadone as a daily dose that I am aware of. I think you're mistaken in your dose.

that is the same way i did it . the social workers were such humiliating bastards that i had enough of them . sure it batters the body and the mind but not as bad as industrial accidents that i have been in .
no matter how one goes about kicking, it is state of mind that prevails . additionally we all know the depression, fiending and the ass kicking physical misery is nothing permanent .
one quits that's all .

did he mean 2 grams of heroin? or methadone? probably not methadone...

I work physical labor in the audio visual industry, and that is one of the only things that truly helped. Pure raw physical labor. You can will pain into energy with the right state of mind. It's just a matter of centering your mind and taking control of your body.

I went through a private clinic, and I will tell you - methadone caused my body more pain than without it. Opiates are nothing but a mask. Once you are willing to remove that mask and live as a free man again, anyone can do it with sheer will. It's really up to you.

Do you want to live as a semi-okay slave, or do you want to truly LIVE.

Decide for yourself and then do what MUST be done.

that is the same way i did it . the social workers were such humiliating bastards that i had enough of them . sure it batters the body and the mind but not as bad as industrial accidents that i have been in .
no matter how one goes about kicking, it is state of mind that prevails . additionally we all know the depression, fiending and the ass kicking physical misery is nothing permanent .
one quits that's all .

Pain is fleeting just as time. It's been only 2.5 weeks since I decided to not take my dose, and it feels like 6 months. It is grueling, but if you steel your mind and see what is true then it is nothing to quit.

Im planning on getting down to 30-40mg and then take a few mg of bupe for a few days then stop. I should have never got on methadone in the first place, I should have gone the bupe route.

120mg a day isnt much, or am i just doing too much?? over the past few weeks i think i've been averageing about 2 grams a day and i've gone without any for 2 days and it isnt too hard

That's why your not having any problem, because methadone doesn't come by the gram. Methadrine does and I'm sure that what your tweeking on. Big difference. For OP, well done. 120mg is no joke to jump off cold. It's been done (usually in jail) but rarely the way you did by force of will. Glad you made it and hope that your attitude holds.

I kicked 150 mgs a day in jail last time I got locked up, and I kicked like 80 mgs with a 3 mg of alprazolam a day habit almost 3 years prior in jail. It fucking sucks, but I sure as fuck wouldn't be able to kick that much without getting arrested. You're a stronger person than I am, only way I could ever stop is if I couldn't get it or I get arrested.