Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Coffee side effects

eKLaB

Bluelighter
Coffee Shakes?

Ok, so I get home yesterday for a lunch break and I have something to eat then get into a game of counter strike, as you do on your lunch break =D.
Anyway I'm sitting there and I my hands start shaking Michael J Fox style.
I can only attribute this to the coffee I had consumed some 2 hours before.
It was a reasonable strong coffee, 2 heaped teaspoons of coffee and 3 sugars as because I was nodding off to sleep at my desk because waiting for my boss to finish some stuff before we went working out in the field.
I've recently given up all forms of drugs, no MDxx substances or hallucinogens since new years and no weed for 5 weeks.
I rarely drink coffee as a friend of mine turned me off it, he use to drink it on the bus of a morning and his breath smelt like some one took a shit in his mouth from the coffee.
So I'm asking why did my body react this way? I dont see how 2 heaped teaspoons of coffee would make my hands shake.
The shaking lasted for about 15 mins then slowly stopped.
Or is it because I've had no other forms of drugs in my system for a while that the caffine overtook it?

cheers, eKLaB

Don't underestimate the power of caffeine, maybe. 2 heaped teaspoons would get me pretty stimulated. Maybe the excitement of a good round of counterstrike + some strong coffee had ya shakin? Don't worry about it too much....

Or, if you really want to worry, you may be developing Parkinson's Disease (hopefully not though!!!!). :D

I gather you were drinking instant coffee. A strong instant coffee may contain 150mg+ of caffeine. While some can tolerate 1000mg + without any adverse effects, others seem rattled by a few hundred milligrams. I tend to think your problem was caused by the caffeine, but I guess only you know whether or not it could be due to other factors.

Only a few weeks ago I was drinking around 12-15 cups per day of very strong brewed coffee. Occasionally I would get very bad shakes. But I've almost cut out coffee altogether over the past 2 weeks as I too have been on the bandwagon so to speak, giving up smoking - the BIG one for me. Along with the heavy withdrawals I've also noticed I'm much more susceptible to the shakes from coffee. Even 2 strong cups will do it.

You mentioned your colleague's breath. Some people claim the only thing coffee should be used for is an enema :\

phase_dancer said:

You mentioned your colleague's breath. Some people claim the only thing coffee should be used for is an enema :\

The caffeine would get into your blood quicker then wouldn't it? Hmm...

^ Good point.

The effects of a coffee enema are different than a saline enema. The most important difference between a saline enema and a coffee enema is the presence of caffeine in the coffee. Caffeine, theophylline and theobromine, combine to stimulate the relaxation of smooth muscles causing dilatation of blood vessels and bile ducts. The effects of having a coffee enema are not the same as drinking coffee. The veins of the anus are very close to the surface of the tissue. The caffeine is therefore absorbed more quickly (and in higher concentration) than it is in when coffee is drunk.

From
here

I was advised by a psychologist to completely cut out coffee/caffeine as a way of dramatically reducing my anxiety . . . well, its worked a bit I guess.

Re: Coffee Shakes?

eKLaB said:

I've recently given up all forms of drugs, no MDxx substances or hallucinogens since new years and no weed for 5 weeks.

that could have a little something to do with it....

Yes, exactly the same thing happened to me one day, when I decided that 1.5 teaspoons wasn't enough, so I decided to put in 3.

Around 2-2.5 hours later I got some mild shakes & anxiety. So no more than 1.5 teaspoons of coffee for me anymore.

my girl friend went to a doof with s once and took some red bull syrup as an alternative to drugs.

BAD IDEA!!!

*5 days coming down
*Intense parinoa
*slight sparks of light visual halucinations...(Ithink was her brain strugling)

But yeah coffee can most certainly give you the shakes. As a barista I can say I've drank a few too many double shots at work before and got the shakes. Realy emabarasing caring poeples drinks to them at their tables.

10072074.jpg

Ive taken all sorts of drugs in my life.. but the side effects i get when i drink coffee are the worst! by far.. i get grumpy, edgy, i feel asthough im about to jump outta my skin.. i get this weird clenching feeling in my jaw!

anyone else had any side effects from caffine intake?

I'm not a fan of caffiene for that very reason... too much is like a really dirty, speedy rush for me, and the comedown I've had from overdoing redbulls/no doz makes me steer well clear of it.

Here's a recent thread about caffiene...

Coffee Shakes

:)

If i drink coffee a few hrs of binge drinking i tend to throw up. Also, if i dont drink coke in a while (as in a few weeks) and i have over 1L of coke in a day i tend to feel like crap until i build up a tolerance to the caffine.

Some people are more sensitive to caffeine than others. Does nothing for me... I can drink coffee and go to sleep. I certainly don't feel any rush or buzz.

I had a nasty comedown after having ~900mg one afternoon. (including a coffee [singular]).
Mega migraine and no possibility of sleep for about 4 hours late that evening during said comedown. I did feel rather altered (perhaps the wired feeling people get from smaller doses?) during the high though.

Anywhere up to 500mg does pretty much nothing noticeable for me.

Note that I don't have a caffeine addiction, and can go for days/weeks on end without it without cravings. (no, I don't drink coffee for breakfast either)

coffee is a bit like speed. You have a drink here, a snort there and you don't realise how your doing this every day. You don't realise your cranky if you don't have you drink/snort. You start smelling different. you start shaking for no apparent reason. Yet when you've had your fix oh man does it work.

we loved our coffee machine when we got married. Coffee in the morning, coffee in the afternoon. Coffee when people were over. Coffee brewing 12 hours a day.

It is now resides in the furst corner of/cupboard of our kitchen....