• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine to make tramadol high better?

duno

Greenlighter
3 and a half hours ago I took 1g of tramadol and 1g of nuerontin as well as 350mg of Lortadine to prevent itching. I barely feel the tramadol at all and am wondering if I will even feel it any stronger, so if I take my 64mg of codeine, will I feel the high any more than I currently do, or will it just feel the same. (This is my first opiate use after a 12day detox)

1 gram of tramadol?! :O Is it that correct?

This forum's purpose is not to help you get as high as possible, it is harm reduction. I don't think that 64 mg of codeine will give much effect though.

Sorry I didn't know it was soley harm reduction. I guess you could take it as "would it be safe to take 64mg codeine"
Sorry ;p

Ehh, don't go over 300mg of the tramadol, you are risking a nasty seratonin syndrome and or a seizure. Tramadol sucks though, i never liked it. It's barely noticable, kinda like demerol. But even less than that. So, answer to your question is yes. Codiene is a better substance IMO...

Tramadol sucks though, i never liked it. It's barely noticable, kinda like demerol. But even less than that.

That completely depends on the individuals metabolism. Some people don't get much out of Tramadol because they don't convert it well to the much stronger O-Desmethyltramadol which is the cause of the opioid effects. Others like me love it, or at least used to. But you are right that OP should not take more than 300-400mg per day.

1g of Tramadol is very reckless and dangerous. People suffered grand-mal seizures from way less. Why do you take so much, and then all at once.
Staggering 50mg doses every 30 minutes will give you much better effects. Pls stay safe.

You're right Zerwas. I liked the RC O-tramadol way better than regular tramadol. Makes sense, i didn't know O-tram was just a metabolite of tram... I should have rephrased that post, I never (usually) present opinions as facts, her ber derr! I'm tired as hell though, haven't slept in 3 weeks. I remember the O-tram caused some pretty weird wd symptoms consisting of what felt like some kind of anti-depressant on top of some light-ish opiate feeling wd's... How much do you go up to using the staggering method though? I might revisit tram, i gave up on it a looong time ago.

Well I havent taken Tram for a long time because my tolerance makes it ineffective but I would take 4x50mg until you reach 200mg after 2 hours. Thats what I used to do.
Regarding the O-Desmethyltramadol: This metabolite does not have the serotonine and norepinephrine effects as the parent compound. So its strange you had these kind of WD symptoms. These are normally associated with regular Tramadol WD.
But yeah, the RC was pretty nice.

Generally I can only recommend to take Tramadol rarely since it causes pretty nasty rebound depression etc if abused and of course horrible withdrawal (opioid+SNRI WD in one package...).

Take care!

Ehh, don't go over 300mg of the tramadol, you are risking a nasty seratonin syndrome and or a seizure. Tramadol sucks though, i never liked it. It's barely noticable, kinda like demerol. But even less than that. So, answer to your question is yes. Codiene is a better substance IMO...

1. This, anything over 300mg (and iirc a woman seized after only 250mg) is just extremely dangerous.
2. 350mg of Lortadine is extremely excessive, a normal dose is 10-20mg and iirc there have been a few reports of antihistamines lowering the seizure threshhold, so have someone around in case you seize
3. 64mg is not much so imo you won't feel it
4. Your question isn't suited for OD, as OD is for intermediate harm reduction questions

Tramadol is not a drug you take to "get high". Im a Tramadol addict I use it for off label anti-depressant use.

Tramadol can give a nice long lasting buzz if you have a somewhat low tolerance and like the others said can convert it over to O-des. Because of the seizure risk it's not a safe drug to get high on but you certainly can.

You can have a seizure taking too much tramadol.

I know you are not rx'd a gram a day.

Codeine is stronger and in my opinion worlds better but yeah it is pretty obvious taking stronger opiates will fuck you up more than weaker ones.

I really don't care what your dumbass does but I did want to point out the seizure risk. They are unpleasant to say the least.

imminent shrine thread, jk, but DO NOT TAKE THAT MUCH

fyi everyone quoting 300-400mg is still too much. 200mgs and no more.

i've had a couple good nights on tramadol but it was the first opiate i ever tried soo...

Holy fucking shit! I love tramadol and I use it frequently, but not 1 gram!!! I use like 450 mg and that not all at once. Like 100 mg every hour.

Even at 450 mg I have trouble urinating in the morning and throw up if I eat anything. Nasty serotonin syndrome.

1 gram, I could not begin to imagine what effects that's going to have on you!

Besides your body takes a LONG time to convert tramadol to O-Desmethyltramadol so 1 gram all at once would probably, be a waste.. you probably felt the effect of like a 100 mg or so...

Mate a seizure is no joke. I'm surprised you didn't wind up in a hospital with a machine pumping your stomach out.

NEVER BE SO RECKLESS.
But it is your life..

Can I ask how often you take it? I've found myself using it everyday but want to reduce that and do it on a as and when basis to avoid WD.

Using it everyday is probably going to land you in addiction and serious side effects... I started with 200 mg and I was doing it everyday, but then my stomach couldn't digest food properly, and I was loosing weight quickly,

The reason I wanted to reduce was to feel normal again, being on tramadol everyday is fun, but also pretty bad, constipation etc..

I would say do it once every 2 days for the first week then reduce to once every 3 days the next week. Right now i take it once every 3 - 4 days...

Just a warning, I haven't ever had a seizure because I will never take more then 500 mg at once, but that's my body.. don't take more than 400 mg for harm reductions sake...

AND DO NOT EVER ABRUPTLY STOP USING TRAMADOL ALL AT ONCE.

Tramadol withdrawal is serious and must be monitored by a doctor for a period of atleast 1 week, tramadol withdrawal can lead to death...

So gradually slow it down in a period of a month or 2 if you want to quit..

Don't take more than 300mg
There's even a report of a woman having a seizure after taking only 250mg

Thank you so much for your reply, i have no one to talk to about this! Tbh I only take 100mg max a day....I guess it's just as much psychological as anything else, I'm a 'slip of a thing' and couldn't function on much more so I know it doesn't sound too bad... But WD def are! I'm not ready to give up just yet (I quit for 5 years previously) I will try being super strict with it and might even ask my supplier to limit me. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your reply, i have no one to talk to about this! Tbh I only take 100mg max a day....I guess it's just as much psychological as anything else, I'm a 'slip of a thing' and couldn't function on much more so I know it doesn't sound too bad... But WD def are! I'm not ready to give up just yet (I quit for 5 years previously) I will try being super strict with it and might even ask my supplier to limit me. Thanks again.

You could try a really slow taper, like 10% every other week
And don't forget the SNRI aspect of tramadol, this makes withdrawal even worse

I've taken a break actually (4 days so far, feels like forever!) But I know I'll be back on them soon, I just want to get them out of my system a bit, so I don't get too tolerant.. And avoid massive WD eventually. I'm on antidepressants anyway so I'm hoping that helps with PAWS. Although I'm now wondering if starting tramadol in the first place apx 7 years ago promted my depression/anxiety in the first place..???

^ taking tramadol and antidepressants can lead to Serotonin Syndrome, be really careful when combining those two, does your doctor know about the tramadol?