• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine problem

Effysunshine890

Greenlighter
So I have been using OTC codeine and prescription strength for the last couple of months for a chronic condition but it’s starting to happen recreationally. I have told my GP who isn’t concerned despite paracetamol in it as well and my psych. I tried to stop on my own, but its more difficult. I feel that that there is more to it and then I have changed again and I dont wanna stop as its been a coping mechanism since I have lost a lot over the last ten years.
But there’s bIG problem, I am student social worker in my first year, I domt want to tell the Uni in case I get kicked out as I won’t be able to reapply again or elsewhere due to funding situation. I never use more than needed while I’m out at uni and never have done, if I have done it’s always been one or two over limit a rarely a huge amount.
my psych doesn’t really care, he was like, oh well just wait for your apt with your psychologist doctor in a few months and didnt seem interested. I want to tell my parents the truth but they didn’t seem that worried and laughed it off. “Well ya not collapsed on the couch, we’ve seen you do it“
so I am left just carrying on as if it’s normal.

it doesn’t affect things in life as it’s quite explainable, she looks a bit drowsy “Oh that’s her long day, she’s busy, she didn’t sleep to well” and I dont act silly on it, I mostly look normal slightly tired just listening to music so no-one bats an eyelid.p and I ain’t always aware I have done it till it’s too late, but the dosages are getting larger as the months progress.

It's *very* unlikely you'll get kicked out over codeine.

If you're going to take the stuff with paracetamol in, please do a Cold Water Extraction on it. It only takes 10 minutes or so and it'll save you from any liver damage. If you don't know how (it's really simple) just search "cold water extraction" or "CWE" on the BlueLight search for simple instructions.
I took 32 Paramol one day a couple weeks ago (so 16 grams of paracetamol) and I felt really rough for a few days. I haven't touched paracetamol since because it scared me enough not to.

Whatever you do, if you seek help, do NOT let them put you on Methadone. It will make things so much worse.

Are you wanting to reduce your codeine use?

It's *very* unlikely you'll get kicked out over codeine.

If you're going to take the stuff with paracetamol in, please do a Cold Water Extraction on it. It only takes 10 minutes or so and it'll save you from any liver damage. If you don't know how (it's really simple) just search "cold water extraction" or "CWE" on the BlueLight search for simple instructions.
I took 32 Paramol one day a couple weeks ago (so 16 grams of paracetamol) and I felt really rough for a few days. I haven't touched paracetamol since because it scared me enough not to.

Whatever you do, if you seek help, do NOT let them put you on Methadone. It will make things so much worse.

Are you wanting to reduce your codeine use?

If you've really taken 16g one day you're quite lucky only to have felt “rough for a few days“ - that's distinctly in the likely liver failure range...

If you've really taken 16g one day you're quite lucky only to have felt “rough for a few days“ - that's distinctly in the likely liver failure range...

I've actually done it once a week for a couple months and felt okay apart from a little nausea the next day, but last time I guess there was some accumulative damage and I felt awful.
Yep, I am lucky! I only weigh like 110lb, too. A "toxic" dose of Paracetamol for someone my size is 10g :/
Of course with liver problems you don't feel unwell or get any pain until the damage is severe, so I could well have done some damage to my liver. I'm made of strong stuff, though. I drank 5 bottles of wine a day for 7 years and my liver is pretty much normal.
I've been taking Milk Thistle with the Paracetamol which will have helped a bit.

Why do you take that much of the stuff? I mean it seems you are aware of how dangerous it is.

Am I best off getting codeine for cwe paeamol expensive but dihydrocodeine is better

Thank you so much, I already learned how to do the cold water extraction.
Cold water extraction is shit useto ethanol it bonds the codeine to ... if your wanting the best from it make 1 ml sprit of salt (hydrochloric acid) 50ml acetone and leave for five days you have acetic aldrayhide then sprayed on the extraction and leave to evaporate use sodium bicarbonate in water to neutralize spray it on it should fizz..

Cold water extraction is shit useto ethanol it bonds the codeine to ... if your wanting the best from it make 1 ml sprit of salt (hydrochloric acid) 50ml acetone and leave for five days you have acetic aldrayhide then sprayed on the extraction and leave to evaporate use sodium bicarbonate in water to neutralize spray it on it should fizz..
This is a pretty unrealistic suggestion for someone who just wants to use the codeine straight away. A CWE is much more accessible.