European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids Codeine OTC UK and CWE

throwaway1234556

Greenlighter
Hey I have two questions if anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it.
1: Does anyone know which pharmacists stock Codeine Linctus as opposed to Pholcodine lincuts
2: Why do you need to use a freezer in CWE when 1g of paracetemol requires 300ml or so to dissolve it, couldnt a straight water-> filtration remove all but 1g in 300ml? And does a CWE still work with efferscant tablets?

We can't give you specific sources as it's against the rules, but I can tell you it's getting much harder to come by.

As for your other questions, CWE does definitely NOT work with effervescent tablets- they are formulated to allow the paracetamol to dissolve easily, which is what you don't want.

Also, you don't need to use a freezer. It takes fuckin forever and is used by pussies who think you have to get a crystal clear solution. As long as you keep the water temperature below 20°C and the volume below 100ml you can't possibly end up with a dangerous amount of paracetamol in solution.

We can't give you specific sources as it's against the rules, but I can tell you it's getting much harder to come by.

As for your other questions, CWE does definitely NOT work with effervescent tablets- they are formulated to allow the paracetamol to dissolve easily, which is what you don't want.

Also, you don't need to use a freezer. It takes fuckin forever and is used by pussies who think you have to get a crystal clear solution. As long as you keep the water temperature below 20°C and the volume below 100ml you can't possibly end up with a dangerous amount of paracetamol in solution.
I have heard that there's some sort of increase in the paracetemols solubility but I cant find any mechanism that would actually enable this in the tablet. No normal use of effersvcant codeine would be more then 1000mg of paracetemol in 250mg of water which wouldn require any extra solublity as only small amount would be left in the bottom. Do you have any source for this as this is the statement ive encountered frequently in researching this

I have heard that there's some sort of increase in the paracetemols solubility but I cant find any mechanism that would actually enable this in the tablet. No normal use of effersvcant codeine would be more then 1000mg of paracetemol in 250mg of water which wouldn require any extra solublity as only small amount would be left in the bottom. Do you have any source for this as this is the statement ive encountered frequently in researching this

Actually, I don't have any references and a quick search hasn't found anything to say that effervescent tablets increase the solubility of paracetamol, only that it aids absorption in the stomach. The effervescence is caused by sodium bicarbonate and citric acid, so perhaps the pH of the solution plays a role? Or maybe it just creates a very fine suspension of paracetamol rather than increasing solubility? Interesting.

Though having said all that, why bother with the effervescent tablets anyway? Unless you happen to have a fuckton of them lying around...

Actually, I don't have any references and a quick search hasn't found anything to say that effervescent tablets increase the solubility of paracetamol, only that it aids absorption in the stomach. The effervescence is caused by sodium bicarbonate and citric acid, so perhaps the pH of the solution plays a role? Or maybe it just creates a very fine suspension of paracetamol rather than increasing solubility? Interesting.

Though having said all that, why bother with the effervescent tablets anyway? Unless you happen to have a fuckton of them lying around...
I have 100 30mg codeine paracetamol ol tablets so I think I'll yolo it

Yeah I wouldn’t, the amount of sodium in those tablets far exceeds what is safe.

I would agree with 8mg codeine tablets but with 30mg tablets would say 5 tablets be to much sodium
Other than the sodium you will have trouble doing effective CWE with those tablets. It’s too risky. I would advise against it.

If you're only going to do five, then personally I'd just take them as they are. Just don't do it too often...

I've tried to find this out too and I came to a few conclusions. A citrate salt forms or carbonate or something to increase the paracetamol solubility, or the effervescence just causes the paracetamol to stay in suspension long enough to consume. Either way they can't be used, the amount of sweeteners in the final solution would make it impossible.

no need to risk your life and liver with paracetemol and CWE. Codeine is easily available from clearnet sites. Always send a sample to Wedinos

codeine and DHC never did anything for me personally mind....

no need to risk your life and liver with paracetemol and CWE. Codeine is easily available from clearnet sites. Always send a sample to Wedinos

codeine and DHC never did anything for me personally mind....
It's still available on some sites, but not as much as it used to be a few years ago. I think finding DHC on the clearnet is pretty much impossible these days, atleast in UK/EU pharmacies. For some reason they struck down on DHC even more than codeine, which is also a lot harder to find but there are still a couple sites which still sell codeine linctus. Codeine pills without additives I can't find on the clearnet anymore personally but perhaps there are some more hidden pharmacies that still allow you to get an online script, really wish I could find one lmao. It really sucks imo. It just leads people to harder opiates which are paradoxically easier to find :/