• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine Megathread v. What's Your CYP2D6 Genotype?

^ I see. So if you don't metabolise codeine properly due to poor CYP2D6, it's likely Tramadol won't have any effect either?
It might have some effect as tramadol itself is a weak mu-opioid receptor agonist as well as SSRI, but CYP2D6 is needed for O-desmethyltramadol which is a more potent mu-opioid receptor agonist (but still much weaker than morphine iirc) and SNRI

I wish I had enough money to buy some promethazine I do but I need it for food and stuff, I had over 1750mgs of codeine yesterday and today.. ive had some really bad toothace took the day off work I also got my prescription early which is nice (I go on a lot of holidays;))I hate the feeling though when your high but you can't seem to relax and hence enjoy the high thats how I feel now because I had to go to the chemist to get my prescription early after taking this huge dose and that little 2 min walk cold and windy really took me down from where I was I had to go though because the amount or times I missed my prescription because I nodded for so long and missed my alarm is quite a lot.

i hope this thread gets some beef in it like its predecessor

??<-- I noticed they look like the people silhouettes on the otc cocodomal packs lol

well I need pretty big doses of both, but tramadol always worked better for me than codeine, but this is due to the snri effect more than the opiate one, for the opiate feeling I just add other opiates to the mix. tramadol looses it's honeymoon period over time and btw it should not take forever to kick in, the IR ones take 30 mins tops usually and the ER ones 1 hour and a half or maybe 2 hours depending on your version.

but pete I would advise just staying on codeine as the withdrawal is not as awful, tho as you CWE a lot maybe check out your liver when you got time and money to do it to make sure you ain't damaging it with "infiltrated" paracetamol

well I need pretty big doses of both, but tramadol always worked better for me than codeine, but this is due to the snri effect more than the opiate one, for the opiate feeling I just add other opiates to the mix. tramadol looses it's honeymoon period over time and btw it should not take forever to kick in, the IR ones take 30 mins tops usually and the ER ones 1 hour and a half or maybe 2 hours depending on your version.

but pete I would advise just staying on codeine as the withdrawal is not as awful, tho as you CWE a lot maybe check out your liver when you got time and money to do it to make sure you ain't damaging it with "infiltrated" paracetamol
The tramadol is to hit and miss for me mate and about my liver i agree but theirs not much i can do.. If i could buy pure codeine I would but just aint as easy to come across in my neck of the woods unfortunately..

The tramadol is to hit and miss for me mate and about my liver i agree but theirs not much i can do.. If i could buy pure codeine I would but just aint as easy to come across in my neck of the woods unfortunately..

are you in the UK?

just in the interest of harm reduction and for the sake of your liver, you can legally buy pure codeine here so you don't need to do CWEs
I'd normally delete this as it could be seen as sourcing, but as FC said, it's in the interest of harm reduction so I'll let it slip :)
But please to anyone, don't go into more detail or I'll have to delete

bulshit you cannot legally purchase pure codeine in the UK if you mean cwe cocodomal yes but that isn't really pure codeine e

8)

no it's not bullshit, and it's not a secret. You can't buy it in high street shops, but I won't say any more here because we're not allowed to.

Last edited:
I plugged 500 mgs of codeine had to do it in several doses xcus their was to much water and guess what I didn't. Feel a thing what a waste

Plugging codeine is most likely a waste as by plugging a lot of the dose bypasses the liver and goes directly into systemic circulation, but with codeine being a prodrug you want as much as possible going to the liver to get metabolized into morphine and C6G

Man I hate waiting for cwe when I'm rattling good job I'm patient

Last edited by a moderator:
How much do people typically increase their dose by to combat tolerance? I went from 90mg to 135mg but it's still not getting me as high as I want it but I'm unsure if I big jump in dosage is wise? I was thinking like 200mg or so next.

To clarify I'm not taking it very often, a few weeks to months between each dose but nonetheless the doses I've been taking don't have the effect they used to. Not doing any other drugs either.

How much do people typically increase their dose by to combat tolerance? I went from 90mg to 135mg but it's still not getting me as high as I want it but I'm unsure if I big jump in dosage is wise? I was thinking like 200mg or so next.

To clarify I'm not taking it very often, a few weeks to months between each dose but nonetheless the doses I've been taking don't have the effect they used to. Not doing any other drugs either.

Codeine never did anything for me either - about 25% of the population can't metabolise it properly. It's also a weak opiate so I guess you shouldn't expect much from it - that's why it's OTC in my country

Weird theory. I've taken otc codeine before and it did absolutely nothing. A few years later i tried oral morphine and was like oh, so this is oral opiates

well I don't know. It sounds a plausable theory as codeine doesn't seem to have an effect for some people, as you've found out.. What oral morphine did you try?

Roxanol, Ethex brand. It was an oral syrup. The codeine i took a while back was 222 in Canada, so it had caffeine in it. That tended to give me a headache when i tried high doses but other than that no effect from the opiate for me
-Gormur