• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine makes me feel energetic rather than relaxed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julesz

Ex-Bluelighter
title says it all i used to get sedated but the last yr it just makes me hyper and i just feel like going sleep on the come down and not the good kind of sleep.

Is you're codeine a prep with caffeine? It's a pretty common additive.

Hi Slow_Mobius thanks for replying, no no they are the small 30 mg codeine phospate (no apap) pills its a problem because they used to sedate me loads yrs ago like smak i imagine im rly sensitive i havent tried anything stronger ever i think personally cus of some issues that cause axiety this also interferes with the high like it dont clear my mind as much im gonna try taking some more right now i took 5 earlier and same stupid energy its realy starting to p me off cus I have them for legit pain to I dont want to be hyper I wanna feel the opposite

Are you taking anything else? That seems really odd. Maybe it's just tolerance?

Ive already gone thru half my supply and not been sedated once and its defo not tolerance

^An effect that works paradoxically to the status quo and/or usual effect.

I get this with benzos, especially alprazolam. The more I take, the more energetic I become.

I love that.

which is? (im not a very knowledgeable as u guys)

that you become energetic instead of relaxed

It mostly happens with benzos, instead of making you sedated they'll make you energetic and make you loose your inhibitions. For example I knew an old man, was in a hospital, got IV midazolam to sedate him, but instead of going to sleep he took off his clothes and ran through the hospital naked. That's a paradoxical reaction

Wow ur scaring me now is their anyway to NOT have this reaction

nah I aint going up the opiate ladder Ill just have to try taking a longer break thanks for nothing

Yo, i don't know what kind of energy ur talking about, but opiates only make me "energetic" not the adderall, cocaine, 3 energy drink type of energetic but it's like the energerizer bunny, and opiates become the battery. Hard to explain I guess

for instance if I do opiates anywhere from 7+ , I'm up all night, even wen I have a tolerance....they never ever make me nod (only my first month of use they did, many many years ago).. like if I'm too lazy to clean my room, or talk to my girl about something important and I dont want too, opiates make me do it, and I enjoy doing tasks like that and other ones... it's weird

Nothing to be afraid of, it's normal, they effect everyone different, 80% get the sedated, tired feel..., but for many like myself they make me almost the opposite. And the first month to two months of ever using, they would make me sedated/tired/nod off feeling great, now it's the opposite except I still feel great..

Maybe ur just in the same boat/category, just took u longer to grow into the energetic state with opiates

The only part I can't relate too, is the part where u say comedown and then u feel like sleeping and not the good type...

cuz I don't really ever get a comedown with opiates... maybe the euphoria will wear off and that's never cool, but I don't get depressed like coke cuz of it? I'll fall a sleep normal tho , it feels good, that's the difference I guess..., but like I said I barley get any sleep with them especially with suboxone ! because of the underlining energy it provides, my sleep schedule real fucked up

Well I want to be sedated like i used to I dont even take as high doses not even half and thats just for recreational as i take small below reccommended doctors for pain and the comedown its just like ill feel like sleeping not nodding or anything pleasent and then wake up feeling normal but not experiencing any opiate high which pisses me off and thanks youve been very helpful so far EastCoast would taking an Xanax with it possibly help?

Plz im desperate to get high off codeine again please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BL isn't here to help you get high. Please read the BLUA and OD guidelines. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record....

Mixing opioids and benzos is a recipe for an overdose. That combination has killed too many people. You can more safely take an antihistamine if you're looking for sedation.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.