Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Codeine - Experienced - BAD codeine experience

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
Amount taken 3000mgs of codeine or 91 32 mg tablets pure codeine all broken in half and swallowed in one gulp

Effects start happening around an hour i thought it was 20 minutes but now its later i realise it was more like an hour then i laid down felt quite good i put some music on and stupidly started dancing as i do when im on my own but this activated some horrible stomach ache and i spent the next hour lying down with a bucket next to me and scared to move i was even scared of overdose as i write this 6 hours later im still prettyhigh even though i assume i vomited some of my dose my breath still not breathing but after finding my ceritizine and taking 8 mgs 4 times the reccomended dose! I felt pretty even the certizine seems to kill the high but it doesn't ime it extends the high and makes it more potent i always have the certizine when im peeking or near peeking sometimes crush them up and let them dissolve on my tongue with some sweets for rapid absorption then its endless nodding :D

i always take codeine at maximum dose for some reason when i use the pure codeine phosphate i have to use twice as much as the cocodomal version for example 1200-1600mg mgs from cwe would feel the same as 2400+ mgs of pure codeine phosphate but the odeine phosphate lasts a lot longer got some pst to so when i try that again hopefully i have something to write about

i hope you enjoyed this trip report have an awesome day:)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_codeine
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_bodyload
exptype_overdose
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did you took so much? I hurt my back and took one 30mg codeine pill before going to bed 2 consecutive nights and I got constipated for 3 days. For me, 2,5mg oxycodone is much more stronger and euphoric, and constipation is not a problem even with regular use for a few days.

Damn man that's the largest codeine dose I've ever heard of. Be careful if you DO manage to find some better opioids... you gonna end up in the Shrine, boy...

How long does such a big dose last for? I think you mentioned in one of your other posts about still being high even into the next day? Codeine at normal doses is usually over with pretty quickly but I guess with massive doses metabolism gets backed up?

How long does such a big dose last for? I think you mentioned in one of your other posts about still being high even into the next day? Codeine at normal doses is usually over with pretty quickly but I guess with massive doses metabolism gets backed up?
oh yes as long as i take it in a certain time frame before the enzyme inhibitation kicks in other times i can keep taking them all day and not experience any enzyme inhibits so the ceiling dose doesn't seem to be the same for me each day some days it seems in exsistant last summer i had hundreds of the things no one knew i done them and on holiday at the sea side and i was just walking up and down the beach with my beats on popping pills think i got up to 1000 at the night my tolerance wasn't as high then im gonna do the rest of what i got now about 1200mg just wish i had a pack of cocodomal to give it a boost as it will be my last for a while plus haven't been to the loo today..

Holy crap that's a lot of codeine! I took 300mg once and my entire body burned and itched so bad I was bleeding all over from writhing at my skin. My whole face swelled up, too, and my blood pressure dropped so low I couldn't even sit up. I was stuck lying on the floor and my parents have to call an ambulance. The paramedics said I had the lowest blood pressure they'd ever seen on someone not dead.

i always take codeine at maximum dose for some reason when i use the pure codeine phosphate i have to use twice as much as the cocodomal version for example 1200-1600mg mgs from cwe would feel the same as 2400+ mgs of pure codeine phosphate but the odeine phosphate lasts a lot longer got some pst to so when i try that again hopefully i have something to write about

It might be due to the fact that the codeine in the CWE is dissolved in water and can be absorbed much quicker and all in one go, which IMO is the best way to take codeine as, like you say, it inhibits the liver enzymes that metabolise it into an active form. With the pure pills this is probably slower and more gradual, some dissolve faster than the others and thus the peak level of the drug in your blood is lower. A good test would be to dissolve the pure pills beforehand in water then drink them in solution

Never found über high dose codeine to be any use. I disagree with the oft repeated 400mg ceiling dose, for myself it’s linear until around 800mg. After such point it becomes nothing more than adding excess histaminergic action.
The MDE is around 300mg IR and Morphine at such doses is infinitely more enjoyable.

It might be due to the fact that the codeine in the CWE is dissolved in water and can be absorbed much quicker and all in one go, which IMO is the best way to take codeine as, like you say, it inhibits the liver enzymes that metabolise it into an active form. With the pure pills this is probably slower and more gradual, some dissolve faster than the others and thus the peak level of the drug in your blood is lower. A good test would be to dissolve the pure pills beforehand in water then drink them in solution
I already tried that great minds think alike! Unfortunately the ones I get don't dissolve properly in water they kinda do but not like the cocodomal ones

I already tried that great minds think alike! Unfortunately the ones I get don't dissolve properly in water they kinda do but not like the cocodomal ones
Crush them to a fine powder, just like with the cocodamols, then add to water. Codeine phosphate is super soluble in water, and a mortar and pestle will make short work of any tablet