• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

Nodding might be a bit much to expect from codeine if you've any sort of opiate tolerance/experience, ol' mate.

From a former dope head, i would suggest a teaspoon or so of ground black seed (also called kalonji - often found in middle eastern stores) - or the pure oil if you can find it - and dose it shortly before a lowish dose of pst.
I cant emphasise the "dont dose pst as you normally would - black seed potentiates like a mothefucker", trust me on this one)
Play safe and work your way up.
Imo tramadol is pretty shit (expect in combos - but there are too many complications) and seizures arent fun.

Funnily enough, to bring up the old ceiling dose debate, my liver only occasionally seems willing/able to metabolize more than 400mg. I've taken 600mg doses before and felt an undeniable and significant increase in pleasurable effects. Sometimes, however, I have a 600mg dose which feels more like 400mg than 600. Go figure.

Codeine is such a fickle substance in my opinion, which is to me, (you might think it strange,) a good thing. It's great when a dose you weren't expecting to give you any more than a barely perceptible buzz gets you warm and happy and euphoric and smiling from ear to ear. At the same time it's really disappointing when you cook up a high dose expecting it to blow you away and it barely touches sides.

So yesterday I woke up at 530AM. I took 60mg DXM and 25mg promethazine half an hour before taking 10mg diazepam. Another half hour goes by, and I dose up on the cup of approx. 300mg which id left to filter overnight. All of this on an empty stomach, mind you, which in my experience is undeniably the surest way to get the most out of your codeine.

Other times I've taken 600mg after having eaten as long as four hours ago yet still it didn't touch sides. I've tried waking up and pre-dose potentiating 600mg before but no matter how hard I try to stay awake (because I lie in bed where it's so comfy) I inevitably fall asleep because the dose is to strong.

The most important lesson anyone who wants to potentiate codeine better must learn first is that the emptier the stomach, the quicker the onset, and the stronger the stone.

Peace :)

Last edited:
A spasmodic drug indeed. But its my spasmodic drug. Ill take codeine joe, warts and all. It has a special spot in my heart

Same here smoked, same here.

One question: can anyone point to any studies which show promethzine potentiates codeine better when taken before dosing the opiate, whilst dosing, or after dosing?

I've read so much confusing and conflicting literature from both BL and Drug Forum members who are knowledgeable and well respected but can't seem to agree weather promethazine should be taken before, during, after dosing the codeine. I'm totally confused because i've tried all three methods before multiple times and through anecdotal evidence I couldn't clearly make a distinction between which method was best.

1. Taking 50mg an hour before my dose.
2. Taking 50mg with my dose.
3. Taking 50mg an hour after my dose.

Can anyone settle and prove once and for all WHEN TO TAKE PROMETHAZINE TO POTENTIATE YOUR CODEINE?

Cheers.

I was in the same boat when using codeine frequently. So I just gave the idea a flick, and went for periactin, cheap, plentiful, and otc.

But now I think about it, the best potentiator, was time, decent breaks in between use.

Yep, patience is the key and the test with codeine.

The reason I'm so curious about when to take the prometh is because I read a post in which someone said promethazine ingested one-two hours before dosing the codeine essentially doubled the amount of codeine that could be converted into morphine in the liver. It was backed up with what sounded like legit pharmacological data and references - I'll try find it and post it in here so ya'll can see what I mean. Someone else on this board a while ago said the exact opposite though, that it effectively negated the codeine-morphine process and was a complete waste of codeine.

If promethazine can indeed double the amount of codeine convertable into morphine in the body then hell, I wanna know about it.

Also, when do you folks prefer taking your benzos? Before, with, or after you ingest your 'deine?

Also, on a separate note, we all know the best way to take a codeine dose is in one gulp, but what about DHC? Is it best to take the dose you want in one go or is it fine to stagger the dosing? I prefer staggering because it seems to reduce the upset tummy effect I get from the sorbitol. I normally take it in 20-30ml shots, one every 30-45 minutes sort of thing. I rarely exceed 100ml, though, just because sorbitol is so bad for you and I hate sitting at the dinner table unable to control my farting.

I hardly ever have anything but a mild and mediocre time on codeine but it doesn't stop me anticipating it keenly. :\ I've pretty much given up and had 700mg~ about 4 days ago after a 2 month break and it just made me feel sick, pain in the stomach/abdomen and shakiness. Sucked really as I was at work. I ended up 'having' to take some dexamphetamine to inspire me. It worked too and I had a great day in the end... That's the main thing ;)

I've never read anything which suggests that promethazine potentiates codeine, what I have read on the subject suggests that it actually weakens it slightly, which matches my experience with the combination. Any "potentiation" is likely just additional sedation from the promethazine, not an increase in the amount of C6G/morphine being produced from the codeine. If you're taking an anti-histamine with codeine then go for doxylamine succinate and only take half a tablet (12.5mg iirc), enough to stop the itching and nausea but not enough to sedate you and make you sleep through the high. Taking huge doses of antihistamines with opiates just overpowers them with that flat sedation feel and wastes the high.

In fact the only actual codeine (and it only works with codeine) potentiator I've found is DXM. I was skeptical about this one for ages but eventually relented and tried it, then kicked myself for not doing so earlier. It increases the high significantly both quantitatively and qualitatively when taking 80 - 100mg about half an hour before taking the codeine, to the point where I went from a 600mg CWE being just enough to keep me from being sick to 600mg providing a noticeable high - there was no nod, but a definite buzz on par with maybe a 50 - 60mg shot of oxy. Blew my mind when I first tried it.

I didn't manage to taper. Looks like I'll be kicking it in Thailand.

I guess it won't be that bad, what are the thoughts? I'll have access to plenty of sleeping pills etc. Maybe the first days will suck, but the remainder of the trip will be great.

What are the thoughts?

And, what do we think about having a dose befofight flight? Can that be a bad idea?

Crankinit, I think you might be right, from personal experience it more often dulls than potentiates the experience. Doxy has always been better. Also I never dose without about 60mg DXM 45min before hand...definite potentiator in that one.

Only, it depends on what dose you've been using and for how long. It'll be 4-5 days of unpleasantness which will then taper off. You'll be on holiday so you might not notice it as much. With diaz, you'll have a lot of help. The worst time IME is at 30-94hrs but don't think about it like that, it'll make it worse. Get out and about and try focus on what's going on around you rather than whats going on inside you. I don't know if you intend to party but try to avoid alcohol, unless in very small amounts.

Because we don't know about your history, it's really hard to give you advice weather or not you should dose before the flight, or even pick up some DHC, perhaps, which could help as a sort of maintenance drug while you're there. More basic info please mate.

Nodding might be a bit much to expect from codeine if you've any sort of opiate tolerance/experience, ol' mate.

From a former dope head, i would suggest a teaspoon or so of ground black seed (also called kalonji - often found in middle eastern stores) - or the pure oil if you can find it - and dose it shortly before a lowish dose of pst.
I cant emphasise the "dont dose pst as you normally would - black seed potentiates like a mothefucker", trust me on this one)
Play safe and work your way up.
Imo tramadol is pretty shit (expect in combos - but there are too many complications) and seizures arent fun.

yeah I have never really expected a nod but when combined with trammadol and doxy (and mabey a bit of alcohol), it appears you can sometimes get sorta close.. like last night for the first time ever - after dinner (4 hours post everything kicked in), I was litterally nodding in and out of sleep watching TV, rubbing my nose/face like a true opi. head yet sometimes I wont even come close with the same dose :\

and thank you very much for the suggestion of ground black seed.. I usually go to the markets every weekend for fruit, veg, nuts + seeds so ill keep an eye out next time

yes you gotta be careful with Tramadol but for a subtle substance, I have grown a liking to it for some reason

Funnily enough, to bring up the old ceiling dose debate, my liver only occasionally seems willing/able to metabolize more than 400mg. I've taken 600mg doses before and felt an undeniable and significant increase in pleasurable effects. Sometimes, however, I have a 600mg dose which feels more like 400mg than 600. Go figure.

Codeine is such a fickle substance in my opinion, which is to me, (you might think it strange,) a good thing. It's great when a dose you weren't expecting to give you any more than a barely perceptible buzz gets you warm and happy and euphoric and smiling from ear to ear. At the same time it's really disappointing when you cook up a high dose expecting it to blow you away and it barely touches sides.

So yesterday I woke up at 530AM. I took 60mg DXM and 25mg promethazine half an hour before taking 10mg diazepam. Another half hour goes by, and I dose up on the cup of approx. 300mg which id left to filter overnight. All of this on an empty stomach, mind you, which in my experience is undeniably the surest way to get the most out of your codeine.

Other times I've taken 600mg after having eaten as long as four hours ago yet still it didn't touch sides. I've tried waking up and pre-dose potentiating 600mg before but no matter how hard I try to stay awake (because I lie in bed where it's so comfy) I inevitably fall asleep because the dose is to strong.

The most important lesson anyone who wants to potentiate codeine better must learn first is that the emptier the stomach, the quicker the onset, and the stronger the stone.

Peace :)

without gonig into detail, Ive had very similar experiences to you..

I hardly ever have anything but a mild and mediocre time on codeine but it doesn't stop me anticipating it keenly. :\ I've pretty much given up and had 700mg~ about 4 days ago after a 2 month break and it just made me feel sick, pain in the stomach/abdomen and shakiness. Sucked really as I was at work. I ended up 'having' to take some dexamphetamine to inspire me. It worked too and I had a great day in the end... That's the main thing ;)

I used to feel litterally nothing until a few years down the track and some doxy to go with it.. now I am quite fond of ye ol codeine

what a strange opiate to say the least

Cwe with panafen plus.

During the freezing section, whilst most of the apap settles at the bottom, there still seems to be a bit sitting at the top. So am I adding too much water or too little?
Admin feel free to move my thread if it is in the wrong section. Thank you

Merged.

It is not unusual for a very small amount of white particles to keep floating around at the top of the glass in my experience. I don't think this is an indication of too much or too little water. I would recommend you use 2-3mL per pill if you are unsure on a good amount to use.

This bloke Cwe 30 ibuprofen codeine tablets filterd twice with coffee filters, its still white but the ibuprofen is out is this a scare tactic? these are generic nurofen plus as the 2 pharmasists would only give him ibuprofen products dont no why maybe they no.Hes Just gonna have to get panadeine plus from someother place as ibuprofen seems not to work to well.Done it alot with panadeine products its always clear .

IME cwe with ibuprofen is always white. Never seen it clear... With this, I urge you to eat a small amount before. Ibuprofen has given me stomach problems in the past. Its pretty bad for you...

Hi , ive drank hi tek bunch of times before but my guy gave me this new thing this time. he says its better. Theres one purple and one orange! The texture is more watery And you can see chunks of idk what floating around in the orange one. seems sketchy. Unsure what to make of this. Anybody else came across the same type of situation?

I have a feeling it might be tussionex but have no clue since ive never came across that brand! thanks

ive had the same problem with generic ibuprofen ones, cant get a clear solution, always cloudy, even when triple filtering with good coffee filters. saw a video on it using N+ and the solution was perfectly clear upon second filter with a folded cloth napkin. might be something different in the generic brand tabs

I have a semi-related question, more a matter of interest for me.

Generally, I simply use tapwater to dissolve my pills, strain it through a shirt, squeeze that bitch and leave the solution in the fridge for a few hours. Obviously, gravity forces solids to the bottom of the container, evident by the sludgey stuff I see gathering. I then filter again. But, my question is this: if I use room temp water, and some paracetemol dissolves in it (not as a suspension but actually dissolved) does cooling the water do anything to precipitate the dissolved paracetemol out of solution? I just wonder; I know that the squeeze-through-tshirt thing would involve a fair amount of unwanted stuff going into the solution and that filtering will remove a lot of this, but generaly filtering will not do much in terms of removing dissolved paracetemol. Does chilling the water to just above freezing help?

I know that I could just use chilled water, and often do, but I still get a cloudy solution. I wonder if this is a way of reversing the dissolving of paracetemol.

i would expect the chilled water to unbond with the paracetamol, and filtering would remove a bit more. but i only have high school chemistry knowledge, its just what id expect to see happen if i could measure it

I decided to do a time-lapse video of what actually happens to 16 Ibuprofen/Codeine tablets, it's 25 seconds (which was 25 minutes) and then a slow mo of the lovely sploogy start tacked on at the end.

It's kind of like a bit of a snow globe. Seems to be completely unnecessary to actually crush up the pills.

Last edited: