Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Codeine, Benadryl, Kava Kava & Marijuana) - First Time - Poorman's Nod

MyDoorsAreOpen

Bluelight Crew
1 dropperful of kava kava tincture + 30mg codeine + marijuana + 50mg diphenhydramine (in that order).

This is a dirty little combo I've come up with, that I call a Poor Man's Nod. I try not to do it too often -- it's kind of like the 'deep fried dough with powdered sugar' of the drug world: there's no pretending it's good for you, and it feels like a pure indulgence the whole time, but sometimes it just scratches an itch.

I've actually only done this combo three times now. All three have been times when I've been by myself, with little else to do. The combo puts me basically into a state of slightly blissful apathy, where I'm content to be lazy, a little selfish, and not entirely on my best and most attentive behavior. But underneath, there resonates within me a dark energy. Just like DMT makes me see the plans and the planners behind reality, I feel like on this combo, I'm ever on the verge of a dissociative state, where the Machine Elves are trying to break through the fabric of reality and tell me something, but I'm just too comfortably apathetic to let them establish contact with me.

The first time I did this, I was in Miami Beach by myself in the morning, and I ended up taking a very slow bike ride around a less busy part of the city, to admire the architecture. I looked up at this beautifully designed high rise apartment building, with forest green paint, built in the Miami Modern (MiMo) style. No one was around, either on the streets or on the balconies of the apartment building, but I could feel the spirits of residents past in the building looking down at me, if that makes any sense. They seemed to be telling me I was pushing my luck with the drugs, but I was just so droopy and blissed out I didn't want to listen to them.

The two other times I've done this combo, I've ended up letting myself give in to the sleepiness it eventually produces, utterly unconcerned with whether me sleeping was any inconvenience to anyone else.

I really don't recommend this combo to anyone who wants to grow and become a better human being. I could see someone who does it frequently not only becoming very lazy and inconsiderate, but not caring in the least. It can go well with times and places that are decidedly 'downtime', though.

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_diphenhydramine
substancecode_deliriants
substancecode_codeine
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
substancecode_pipermethysticum
substancecode_kava
substancecode_ethnobotanicals
_combo_
explevel_retrospective
exptype_positive
roacode_oral
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
im gonna have to shift this combo thread over to BDD. i wish such a combo and small doses could get me nodding;)

did you mean this as a trip report, i'm just a little confused by it?

Geez even the mods cant name threads right in here! what the fuck!!! I scream!

It got moved here by someone else. Shouldn't they be the ones who take responsibility for renaming it? I've been good about renaming other people's trip reports when I've moved them from one of my forums here. Yeesh.

nice report. ive done that combo minus the kava kava, how does that alter the experience do you think?

Lol @ the "poorman's nod".

Interesting combo. Be safe mixing downers, herbal or otherwise.

Just like DMT makes me see the plans and the planners behind reality, I feel like on this combo, I'm ever on the verge of a dissociative state, where the Machine Elves are trying to break through the fabric of reality and tell me something, but I'm just too comfortably apathetic to let them establish contact with me.
I've never tried DMT, but this reminds me a lot of what I feel on DXM. Like I'm just on the brink of enlightenment, just scratching the surface, but I'm too zoned out too actually get there.

Good Kava root powder defintaly makes things a bit brghter and slows everything down.

Its not a poormans nod haha it sounds bomb as fuck to me. except whenever i throw weed in the mix i have to have a benzo MAYBE kava but benzo is a forsure thing. but when i dont panick, weed can be a bomb ass feeling

I actually want to try this combo. Thanks for posting. I'll try to report back when I get all the necessary materials. For anyone out there looking to try this, be careful of excessive CNS depression! Specifically Opiod + Kava (Gaba+).

ahah i dont think i could do that combo, i dont even like potentiating opiates, i always feel throwing extra drugs into the mix, especially with the natrually occuring opiates (if theyre synths of the molecule i still consider it natrual) taints the high with a somewhat dirty feeling, i find it takes away from the playful and care free feeling of opiates and creates a more heavy and serious experience because im altering it for a reason generally bad, i.e. im too tolerant to which ever drug im taking from addiction to get off on it by itself and so must "artificially" enahance the high which usually makes me feel a bit out of control and reminds me of the shit situation i put myself in.

does anyone else ever feel like that?

Mmm... Kava tincture.

Nothing quite like the taste of grain alcohol and dirt, eh?

I actually just ate a vial of 84% kavalactone paste. I have not done kava in years.