• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine addiction

Just take it as indicated. 2 tablets every 4 hours should be enough.

EDIT: How long have u been on valium for? and what doses do u take?
Interminable use. Normally 20mg a night if I've got. If not I'd double up on codeine.

More vals coming in a couple of days.

Some folk were saying the loperimide helped a lot with withdrawal

Interminable use. Normally 20mg a night if I've got. If not I'd double up on codeine.

TBH with u I'd be more concerned with your Diazepam use, Benzo WDs are worse than Opiate WDs. And yes Loperamide helps ALOT in opiate WD. It can even completely eliminate opiate WD in huge doses but I wouldn't encourage it.

But probably a good couple of months on the vals.

I'm tapering the codeine, I used to do about 3 doses of around 250-300mg over 2 hours. I did this cos I'm an alcoholic, this always enabled 'more'. Now I'm doing 400mg at once, well last night and later tonight.

Thing is, it's my alcoholic obsessive mind. Now I'm obsessive about the ease of WD. I've got 2 different antihistamines, nytol (which makes WD worse apparently) and loperimide.

I'm just lucky it's not heroin I'm addicted to. I'd be dead. I know codeine is the weakest opiate however my craving and obsession for it are strong!

I've quit CT 4-5 times. I know what to expect. I just can't be fucked with it.

TBH with u I'd be more concerned with your Diazepam use, Benzo WDs are worse than Opiate WDs. And yes Loperamide helps ALOT in opiate WD. It can even completely eliminate opiate WD in huge doses but I wouldn't encourage it.
How long is benzo WD?

How long is benzo WD?

It depends really. Diazepam has an extremely long half life, up to 200 hours! It can take about a week to start feeling WD from Diazepam and you will not like it at all trust me!! As I said Benzo WD is worse than opioid WD. Once your in full benzo WD as in when its been eliminated out of your body the WD symptoms can last 1-2 weeks.

EDIT: Google Benzo withdrawal symptoms. I dont mean to scare u but it can be life-threatening but it depends on how long you've been taking it for and how much u take.

Last edited:
It depends really. Diazepam has an extremely long half life, up to 200 hours! It can take about a week to start feeling WD from Diazepam and you will not like it at all trust me!! As I said Benzo WD is worse than opioid WD. Once your in full benzo WD as in when its been eliminated out of your body the WD symptoms can last 1-2 weeks.

EDIT: Google Benzo withdrawal symptoms. It can be life-threatening but it depends on how much u take.
That's some scary shit lol. I reckon I'm ok. I can reduce slowly. I've gone weeks without them in the past. However, codeine was always there.

I guess that's why the nhs don't prescribe them anymore!

Thanks for all the help from everyone who's contributed to this thread by the way. It's great to talk about this shit.

That's some scary shit lol. I reckon I'm ok. I can reduce slowly. I've gone weeks without them in the past. However, codeine was always there.

I guess that's why the nhs don't prescribe them anymore!

Thanks for all the help from everyone who's contributed to this thread by the way. It's great to talk about this shit.

Yeah your right its very hard to get a Benzo prescription in the UK because of its WD severity. The best way to take Benzos is "when required", dont use them on a daily basis.

Ok mate but dont be to hard on yourself addiction is an illness after all

no no no dont take nytol mate!!!!! It will make it worse and give you resless leg among other horrible things that is not the right antihistamine
Is phenylephrine hydrochloride better than nytol?

Won't loperimide stop me shitting for ages?
You No more than any other opiate mate. Imagine naming any opiates as an anti-diarrhoea meds, the same thing would be asked. Loperamide is an opioid as any other, with a tweak to make it almost non permeable through the BBB (blood brain barrier) The exact same general effects on the body any strong opioid/opiate produces, is demonstrated with lope. I take 10 2mg capsules when in withdrawal and wishing 3 hours it makes a dramatic difference. I genuinely believe it does have a cns effect at higher doses, we are just conditioned to believe what we are told (no cns effects, mega constipation has to be correct. It is not!!

You No more than any other opiate mate. Imagine naming any opiates as an anti-diarrhoea meds, the same thing would be asked. Loperamide is an opioid as any other, with a tweak to make it almost non permeable through the BBB (blood brain barrier) The exact same general effects on the body any strong opioid/opiate produces, is demonstrated with lope. I take 10 2mg capsules when in withdrawal and wishing 3 hours it makes a dramatic difference. I genuinely believe it does have a cns effect at higher doses, we are just conditioned to believe what we are told (no cns effects, mega constipation has to be correct. It is not!!
Yes you're right. Codeine aint exactly keeping me regular lol. I bought 4 packs from poundland. 6, 2mg in each. My withdrawal hits me bad at night, no sleep and sweats. You take em before you hit the sack? And almost no WD?

Every opiate/opioid delays gastric emptying, This may sound odd but your stomach and gut is like a second brain. E.g there are more serotonin receptors in the stomach than in the brain, same idea for opiate receptors. The half life is about 12 hours, I would suggest (if not majorly feeling withdrawal symptoms, to take 4 or five 2 hours before bed. You will be able to gauge if it has helped tomorrow. Let me know.

Every opiate/opioid delays gastric emptying, This may sound odd but your stomach and gut is like a second brain. E.g there are more serotonin receptors in the stomach than in the brain, same idea for opiate receptors. The half life is about 12 hours, I would suggest (if not majorly feeling withdrawal symptoms, to take 4 or five 2 hours before bed. You will be able to gauge if it has helped tomorrow. Let me know.
Ok. I'm still tapering just now. I'm gonna get my dose lower then try as you suggested. Keep you posted.

How's you anyhow? You still dabble recreationally or totally clean?

Not sure you need to taper really. I think as it is a weaker Opiate you are dealing with here, you will find massive relief by just moving over to lope if you can. It is way way more potent peripherally than codeine, and I don’t believe you will be left with many if any psychological difficulties, of course ymmv but it is a superb tool to have when needed.

Yes all good mate, I am prescribed for pain due to UC, but I love em in a recreational sense also. Just so you are a bit clearer, Loperamide was initially synthesised with the goal of it being marketed as a painkiller years ago. It has been used in clinical settings for withdrawal also. This being said, I hope you take some comfort in the fact you have a safety net without having to spend 6-7 quid a time on nurofen. Trust me I’ve been we’re you are.

Yeah your right its very hard to get a Benzo prescription in the UK because of its WD severity. The best way to take Benzos is "when required", dont use them on a daily basis.

Really? It depends if you see older doctors they are less concerned. My GP in Dublin gave me x50 2mg tablets of valium and I just said I had anxiety...got me hooked..lol. Took until I forged a xanax script and got cautioned to stop.

OP, can you get pure codeine? I live in Southern Ireland (ROI) and can only get Nurofen Plus or Solpadeine both of which have 12.8mg of codeine and 200mg of ibuprofen in each tablet. I'm wary of the ibuprofen shit as I got discharged for drinking methanol and it may have cause slight damage to my kidneys. NSAID's aren't recommended for people with kidney problems.

I wonder though, how much stronger is oxy compared to codeine?

OP, can you get pure codeine? I live in Southern Ireland (ROI) and can only get Nurofen Plus or Solpadeine both of which have 12.8mg of codeine and 200mg of ibuprofen in each tablet. I'm wary of the ibuprofen shit as I got discharged for drinking methanol and it may have cause slight damage to my kidneys. NSAID's aren't recommended for people with kidney problems.

Oxycodone is ALOT stronger than Codeine. I'm prescribed 30mg Shortec IR 4x a day (120mg daily) for my Neuropathy. The high from Oxy is comparable to Heroin in moderately high doses, However the high/rush from Oxy is rather stimulating which makes it unique compared to other potent opioids.

EDIT: imo the holy grail of opioids is IV Oxymorphone.

Last edited:

If you're worried about kidneys and want to continue taking codeine get co codomol and do CWE. There's a bunch of threads on CWE on here. I.don't wanna encourage your drug abuse but it is safer.

I think I take codeine in a vain attempt to hide the fact I am a junky. Cos it's legal, it gives it legitimacy. Weird. Fact is I'm a junky and my head is up my arse.

Really? It depends if you see older doctors they are less concerned. My GP in Dublin gave me x50 2mg tablets of valium and I just said I had anxiety...got me hooked..lol. Took until I forged a xanax script and got cautioned to stop.
Yeh most doctors on nhs I've been to say they are phasing it out. Unless the fuckers are lying to me lol. Maybe they spotted my bullshit from miles away.