• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine addiction

It was a patent issue with Watson if I recall, then no one bothered to pitch the generics to the NHS. I used to watch House if you remember it, and dream of trying Vicodin ??. Yes Pete Oxy is alive and well here, just hush hush often with GP’s sadly, unless it is a cancer patient.

I wonder what the high is like on Hydros. I've heard its more of a body high than a head high..

Supposed to be closer to DHC and that stuff does nothing for me recreationally. What would you say your number 1 drug to try would be given the keys to the sweet shop?

You can get iv hyromorphone in hospital I think, that is supposed to be as good as it’s possible to get!!

I took 100mg of codeine phosphate in syrup form. Each 5ml contains 10mg of codeine phosphate. I drank half of 200ml bottle. Will i get high? Cause i need to. Trying codeine for the first time ever. It's been roughly 2 hours. Feeling nothing

You can get iv hyromorphone in hospital I think, that is supposed to be as good as it’s possible to get!!
I took 100mg of codeine phosphate in syrup form. Each 5ml contains 10mg of codeine phosphate. I drank half of 200ml bottle. Will i get high? Cause i need to. Trying codeine for the first time ever. It's been roughly 2 hours. Feeling nothing

Hi everyone,

I'm an alcoholic. I've been sober from drink for 6 years.

However, codeine has become the substitute. I've been addicted for a about 5 years. Stopped and started again. Been through withdrawal many times. Each time it gets worse.

This morning I decided to try get clean again. 3 days of turmoil lie ahead. I know it's not as bad as other drugs but it's still not much fun.

I'm just reaching out for support. I've got a young family and they know nothing about my addiction. 2 packets of nurofen plus a day, or 2 packets co codomol. I use CWE.

I just wanna feel healthy.

Peace
I know how you feel exactly
I was addicted got 20 years. It's not the codeine that's the problem it's the paracetamol
I took 70 panadeine in one hit and ended up.in ICUfor 5 days with a fucked liver and it will never be the same hence why I.dont abuse the any more

Do yourself a favour and stay away from it. It causes great problems to the organs especially your librt

Hi everyone,

I'm an alcoholic. I've been sober from drink for 6 years.

However, codeine has become the substitute. I've been addicted for a about 5 years. Stopped and started again. Been through withdrawal many times. Each time it gets worse.

This morning I decided to try get clean again. 3 days of turmoil lie ahead. I know it's not as bad as other drugs but it's still not much fun.

I'm just reaching out for support. I've got a young family and they know nothing about my addiction. 2 packets of nurofen plus a day, or 2 packets co codomol. I use CWE.

I just wanna feel healthy.

Peace

"Each time it gets worse". Classic opiate addiction.

It will continue to get worse until you decide to do something about it. Don't be fooled into thinking codeine addiction is mild - it's not. You have two choices - move onto more powerful opiates (bad idea), or take the bull by the horns and confront your problems head on and seek help (better idea). Either choice is going to hurt big style, but the latter is preferable in the long run.

You gotta chase it with citric fruit drink pregerbly pr if you don't mind rotting your teeth fizzy drinks I haven't touched a drop of any fizzy drinks even lemonade I mean you wouldn't drink acid would you u always see the same anch ridden people with a can of red bul anyway u feeling it yet? If ur not feeling it I think u messed up

I was addicted to codeine 30mg plus 500mg paracetamol for 25 years for chronic back pain. I took 70 of these at once. I ended up in hospital with a severely liver damage. It's not so much the codeine but the paracetamol thst damages the liver. Suffice to say i never touched another panadeine forte again. I nearly killed myself.

I was addicted to codeine 30mg plus 500mg paracetamol for 25 years for chronic back pain. I took 70 of these at once. I ended up in hospital with a severely liver damage. It's not so much the codeine but the paracetamol thst damages the liver. Suffice to say i never touched another panadeine forte again. I nearly killed myself.

I don't know why they compound that shit with Codeine it just causes major problems with the liver in chronic users. They might say "oh its more effective with a little APAP". We should be given the option to add APAP separately if needed.

I don't know why they compound that shit with Codeine it just causes major problems with the liver in chronic users. They might say "oh its more effective with a little APAP". We should be given the option to add APAP separately if needed.
ha not in this life time mate obtaining pure codeine phosphate(prescription stregnth) legally through doctor or ilegally off the street isnt to hard not many people sell codeine though which is good and bad because its is worth less and less expensive but also harder to come by outside the gps

Perhaps all the tylenol is a deterrent to abuse???? Just like in Canada, the OTC codeine is loaded with caffeine and tylenol with only 8mg of codeine a

Hey buddy! You've come to the right place. This forum is typically reserved specifically for acute situations involving Harm Reduction, but as a matter of course, new people are generally unaware of how things are segregated here, so we get stuff like this a lot. No worries, but we might move it somewhere more suitable. We actually have recovery-dedicated sub-forums here that you might enjoy checking out. You're not the first to come seeking support during Opioid withdrawal :)

Not that it's super important, but how much Codeine do these "packets" equate too? The "it gets worse everytime" phenomenon that you're struggling with is known as the Kindling Effect. It's mostly documented in relation to Alcohol and other Sedative/Hypnotic drugs, but I stand by my statement that this effect occurs with Opioids as well. It's not in your head.

For the record, begin addicted to Codeine or any Opioid, while not an ideal living situation for most folks, is significantly healthier than being addicted to or dependent upon Alcohol. We are here to help and we can advise you regarding medications, what to expect and everything in between. This is doable and with help and support, we're going to make it happen.

There's a lot of stuff to talk about here. If you would like medication advice, doctor advice or anything like that, get back to us and we can help out.
God made me flashback to when i was drinking 3-4 bottles of liquor a day, somtimes one within an hour now that was a challenge to cut out, but somehow with minimal doctor guidance i did it ( he rxd me benzos for when i was ready to not drink at all to prevent any of that nonsense like shakiness and seizures, but im starting to notice more and more that, you can quit anything you do daily if youre motivated, i still drink a bottle or two a month but ive come a long way from those days but im glad his addiction is atleast only to codeine, being on heavy opiates now codeine feels like a tickle to me, the problem with any addiction is it just never truely leaves your fucking brain, when i go to bars with friends im still able to drink liquor like its water and theyre all gone n blackout fucked up by the time im starting to get truely ' drunk'

Why loperamide mind me ask..?
I know it"s an opioid that doesn't cross BBB so means not "active".
Just to stop diarrhea on withdrawal?

Perhaps all the tylenol is a deterrent to abuse???? Just like in Canada, the OTC codeine is loaded with caffeine and tylenol with only 8mg of codeine a
Yeah but ive read of people doing cold water extractions ( i used to be rxd 30/400's) and cold watered them before my pain managment was finally assessed and given proper medication to handle my pain im wondering though because I KNOW people buy a buncha those otc boxes of codeine to cold water them but, as far as i know aren't they still consuming fuckloads of caffeine?