• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Serious Cocaine, Zanex, Heroin....he left us behind

KellyB

Greenlighter
I just want this to make a difference in someones life!

I met the man of my dreams in 1989. We were married 26 years and had 4 beautiful kids.

On November 9, 2017, he was found dead in a strippers apartment. The cause of death was accidental overdose of cocaine, zanex, and heroin. I had absolutely no idea he lived another life but I really dont care. All I care about is the fact that he left 4 beautiful kids and 3 grandsons behind. We are the ones that suffer because of his selfishness.

If you dont give a damn about yourself....think about the people you leave behind. I now raise 4 kids by myself and it hurts like hell.

(moving to TDS)

Kelly, I am so sorry that your husband overdosed. Stay strong for your kids and try to educate them about drugs. Sending you a hug! <3

I am very sorry for your family's loss. It sounds like your husband suffered inside and tried to address that suffering in a way that hurt himself and everyone around him. But that is what addiction does. If you stay around BL and read all the threads of people desperately trying to control their addictions, expressing in no uncertain terms the shame they feel about the hurt they are causing, I think you may come to see your husband's life, and the disastrous and tragic "choices" he made as something other than selfishness. It is just one more paradox about addiction--it makes everything ultimately about you and your needs and yet the farther one goes in that direction the more desperate the need becomes to get out of the trap.

Dying from overdoes is 1 thing i know would absolutely crush my father, And hes the closest person to me and my heart. Everytime i did hard drugs(heroin) the thought ran thru my mind. And with my OVerdose its something that now scares the shit out of me tbh. I couldnt imagine what dmg it would do to his life and my sisters. Im sorry for you loss. Just know that people with such addictions tend to forget whats truely at risk. The love of the high, the need for the drug tends to overpower basic thoughts and cares. Ive loved my father as long as i can recall and heroin blinded that connection to all i cared for. I hope you can find comfort in knowing he didnt do it on purpose. And in all likelyhood wishes he could come home.
Id like to think people are still connected to this world after death. I send messages to the 1s i know who have Overdosed in hopes they can connect to it, and read it. KNowing you are cared about in life and death is important

My amazing children are the only reason I don't give in to my needs when it comes to drugs. I fully believe that if I didn't love them more than I love drugs, that I would be a full-on junkie right now. I still use, and I still self-medicate, and I wish more than anything I had the inner strength to stop it all, to remove ANY risks. But that's what happens to us - we can't cope, we turn to drugs, we cope. It's a vicious circle.

Accidental overdoses are caused by the war on drugs, without it this problem would all but disappear.
People have always used drugs and that's not going to change, the only change that can be done is regulation so people stop dying from the consequences of prohibition.