• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine: Why Should I stop?

Stringer_Bell

Bluelighter
I've made a few posts on here. When I first 'discovered' coke, I went a bit crazy with it and would go on multi day binges, then crash terribly and basically be almost catatonic for days. I was severely depressed and couldn't do anything, including work. It was having a devastating effect on my life. I was also combining it with opiates (oral or occasionally insufflated, have never injected).

I repeated this pattern of abuse over the next few months, it was terrible and completely unsustainable. I had to give up coke.

However now I've really reined things in. Now I'll do 0.5g (snorted) once every 7-10 days. The day after using I'm fine. It's fun. In other words cocaine is now having no detrimental effect on my life. I don't get any depression the next day (I've also been taking some vitamins and supplements recommended on one of the threads on here and it really seems to help), can work and the only effect I feel is that I'm a little tired.

Of course I know that one of the risks is that my use will increase. If it does then I have to quit.

However, assuming I keep my use to what it is, what are some good reasons for me to quit? I sort of feel like I should because I guess using coke regularly isn't good but the only real reason I have at the moment is that my gf hates drugs and really doesn't want me to use any. It's just that it's sort of hard to quit for someone else. I think it's going to be hard for me to stop completely unless I'm completely determined to. And at the moment I'm not that determined to because I enjoy doing it and it's not really affecting anything. Was hoping for some input on here.

Many thanks!

Last edited: