• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine Comedown & Addiction

The closest thing to physical about it IMO is the fact that your brain is wired to crave it basically... you can look at a picture of cola 5+ years later and still get a craving. But if you ask me, nicotine is even worse in this department...

Ok, so I know that if you start blowing matchstick sized lines at the beginning of a binge, by the end of the night, your tolerance will have gone up enough to merit at least 2 of that size for good euphoria, possibly more. Or, if the coke isn’t great to begin with (and isn’t washed), you may not even get much euphoria at all, no matter how much you snort.

What I’m interested in is how about after a week or so’s use, moderate but nearly every day? Does cocaine tolerance rise substantially in the middle-short term? It’s happened to me in the past that after several days using in a row, by the end of the week (even if I’ve taken a couple days off), I don’t get that same euphoria from the same amount. Curious if this has happened to any of you guys. Do you think it's a tolerance issue or damaged mucus tissue in the nose or something else entirely?

On a related note, does dopamine replenishment have anything to do with it? In my understanding, coke doesn’t release dopamine, only binds to it preventing it’s re-uptake, so I don’t know how you can deplete your dopamine stores from coke use…

If anyone’s got any ideas/experiences, I’d be interested in hearing them. There haven’t been enough coke-related threads on this board in a long while… :)

I'm pretty sure you can deplete your dopamine stores from cocaine use, or at least reduce what is kept in storage because your brain already thinks there is "too much" about. I know after some time more receptors are made to take in dopamine faster as well (as a reaction to the "faulty" uptake from extended cocaine transporter inhibition) which increases the amount of cocaine needed to "block all the channels" as it were.

But yeah, I like to wait a month in between times of use. Because it does seem to be something that only works when everything is properly aligned with yourself. Alternately, if you keep going back to the same dealers, their supply is probably running low and what you're getting is just more & more cut each return for more because they actually don't have the amount you're looking for. I also find that the cut is usually at the bottom of the bag, that stuff on the top is there to make you think it's good right there at the transaction, and by the time you get to the bottom it's no longer coke.

Triforce said:
In my experience when i did coke every day for many many months it worked basically the same every day.
Funny how coke tolerance varies from user to user. Over the past 12 years I did coke (crack) no more than 3 times a years, in binges lasting 15 to 20 days each time. That doesn't represent much coke in total. Twelve years on my coke tolerance is huuuuuuge!! If I were to IV 0.2 grams of blow right now the shot would give me half the high I got twelve years ago from smoking a bit of crack the size of two pinheads. Since my tolerance cannot be due to the total amount of coke I used, I surmise three possible causes (1) genetics factors favouring the emergence of tolerance (2) my peculiar pattern of use (massive crack sessions) and (3) a biological clock that starts ticking from your first line/toke (you have 10 years to enjoy coke before it wears off for ever).

In contrast to my own story, it seems some people can be regular snorters for years and still develop no substantial tolerance.

IMHO the decrease in euphoria you experience in the course of a single session is not really tolerance in the usual (and useful) sense of the word. It's just having to call it a day until next time.

Nagelfar said:
. . . or at least reduce what is kept in storage because your brain already thinks there is "too much" about. I know after some time more receptors are made to take in dopamine faster as well (as a reaction to the "faulty" uptake from extended cocaine transporter inhibition) which increases the amount of cocaine needed to "block all the channels" as it were.

+1. I believe both of these things happen, but I am sure about the first. Your brain responds the reuptake inhibitor by reducing its production of dopamine. This is also why you feel depressed for a long time after you stop using. Takes time for the body to regulate and adjust its production of enzymes.

FC

when i used to do coke id get the same thing. like the buzz wouldn't be the same after snorting for a few weeks...

What I would do was try to stay away from it for awhile... usually about 2 weeks was good enough while avoiding other uppers during that time. lola are you taking any other uppers on your breaks from coke cause that could be causing it too. Your brain doesn't have enough recovery time and the dopamine that should be replenished is being drained by the other uppers.

Nagelfar said:
I'm pretty sure you can deplete your dopamine stores from cocaine use, or at least reduce what is kept in storage because your brain already thinks there is "too much" about. I know after some time more receptors are made to take in dopamine faster as well (as a reaction to the "faulty" uptake from extended cocaine transporter inhibition) which increases the amount of cocaine needed to "block all the channels" as it were.

^ Thanks for clearing that up :) ... I didn't know your brain responds by actually making new receptors... Makes sense, though.

And the stuff I'm talking about came in a solid chunk, no powder so I don't think it was a matter of the cut falling to the bottom... Either way, the buzz was nowhere to be had, except for the stimulation. No real euphoria, mostly just wakefulness and a mild social boost :\ But I know it was good since the first few days were amazing - exactly what you would expect from a quality product...

Fight Club said:
+1. I believe both of these things happen, but I am sure about the first. Your brain responds the reuptake inhibitor by reducing its production of dopamine. This is also why you feel depressed for a long time after you stop using. Takes time for the body to regulate and adjust its production of enzymes.

FC

^ Do you know how long it takes for dopamine stores to be replenished? Not an exact number or anything, but ballpark: about a week? More?

And how do 'real' cokeheads do it, then? I mean those people that use everyday all day for extended periods. Wouldn't it just get to be boring and frustrating if you aren't getting high anymore?

needles said:
lola are you taking any other uppers on your breaks from coke cause that could be causing it too. Your brain doesn't have enough recovery time and the dopamine that should be replenished is being drained by the other uppers.

^ No, no other stims for me. Unless you count coffee in the morning.

I always found the coke binges tend to just get boring and become all about chasing the drug and to truely enjoy coke I should only do it once in a while.

Lola'sCola said:
^ Do you know how long it takes for dopamine stores to be replenished? Not an exact number or anything, but ballpark: about a week? More?

And how do 'real' cokeheads do it, then? I mean those people that use everyday all day for extended periods. Wouldn't it just get to be boring and frustrating if you aren't getting high anymore?

When I was using, it would take at least 2 days, but more like a week to recover. I am sure that was only part way, however. I had to deal with disphoria (opposite of euphoria) and depression for 3-6 months after I quit.

FC

^ Thanks for the info., Fight Club. I've been following your posts regularly (to say you've been through hell and back is quite an understatement), and out of interest I'm curious to know how quickly the euphoria wore off after regular day after day use? (I gather your preferred ROA was IV)

I only snort the stuff and have no intention of progressing to shooting it, but did you continue to get the rush after several days of use or did it just wake you up and produce stimulation?

Also, I wonder if this happens to crack smokers as well. I imagine it would since dopamine depletion is universal (ie, chemical) but I'd be curious to hear crack and/or IV users' subjective experiences...

benzo's are pretty hard to find in my small town, only chance i can get them is when one of my friends mom gives a couple out from her prescription, which is once in a blue moon(she actually needs them)

im content with using my mom's T3's and one of her pills that make opiates more potent

put on some beethoven, teletoon retro, and relax while i fall asleep within a hour to an hour and a half

usually there isnt really a need for an opiate to cope with the comedown unless the blow is garbage/speedy

if i have to cope with it in public its noticable that im not in a good mood(im usually very mellow and laid back) and then i start to get snappy at people, and just puts me out of character

Ms.

With today's speedy ass blow, I would take 5 mg's. before even starting and then take 5 mg. intervals about every other hour or so throughout the night as needed. Turns bad blow into almost great blow! Take a 10 mg. to eventually sleep along with a Tylenol Simply Sleep. This method is more than just proven, it's the absolute best!

Le Junk.............former cokehead ;)

Have to agree with LeJunk, this is the most effective method pharmacologically speaking, in order to have a smooth landing.8o

landing

I usually time it to about 1 hour prior to stopping the coke, I take 2mg of xanax, then when done I take another 2 mg and am asleep within about 10 mins thereafter. Just enough time to
cleanup & transition to bed.

I make sure that it's totally dark, and temperature in room in cool and a nice cold cloth over forehead or on neck also helps ease the transition.

It is really a ritual as to avoid or minimize any 'comedown' at all.

....and don't use having to be at work in '5 hours' as stated in earlier post...hehe:D

I agree 100% with LeJunk, but I wouldnt take xanax and coke together personally although I have its probably not good for you. In my opinion the safest comedown is weed, but if you don't smoke or don't want to tylonal PM works for some people. I always had a high tolerance to shit and it never makes me tired, so for me weed was the best option.

since i am on a substantial dosage of methadone and opiates/opioids will not affect me, I drink 350 mL of 40% whiskey! Oh and some seroquel after the whiskey to help me sleep..

Food + Benzos
I find if i don't eat a square meal after coke/before benzo/sleep i feel horrible the next day.

Oh, and staying hydrated during use usually helps too.