• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lil Cocaine help Please!!!

What are the first symptoms of a Cocaine OD??? I just wanna prepare myself

dude, not another troll thread. aren't you that guy that keeps making stupid ass troll threads?

wow some many stories or people overdosing :{
I don't do coke personally but all my friends do.
I'm scared their really stupid I hope they don't overdoes.uhh.
but all this info will help if im with them. . .

I've had a seizure from smoking crack before.
I'm glad you say that. I've often been met with skepticism whenever I pointed out that a crack high can be every bit as strong as an IV high, and that smoking crack was a safer - but not necessarily inferior - alternative to IVing. When you have a seizure you hit a ceiling, you can't go any higher in terms of high. The good thing with crack is that most of the time you instinctively get rid of the smoke when you feel it's getting too strong. You can't do that with shots (or come to that with snorts) because by the time you notice you've had too much the coke is in your system. I remember reading a report that all other things equal, less crackheads arrived in emergency wards than other coke users.

Valium takes 20 minutes to work orally, if the person can still digest normally that is! So it is pointless to stry and stuff valium into the frothing mouth of someone who is ODing from coke. IV valium is not something normal users will have at their disposal. Maybe isolating diazepam from valium tablets, then having the syringe at the ready. That syringe should be clearly labelled so that you don't go on to inject a futher lethal dose of C to the ODing patient. If you're into IVing and are not alone, I'm sure this is feasible and no one if going to hold it against you ever to have administered IV diazepam to an ODing user (even if the latter goes on to die). A thread about how to prepare such a diazepam syringe would fit in with harm reduction, except it would on the other hand encourage gross benzo abuse. Anyway if you are into big coke (IV or huge lines), swallow a Valium/diazepam half an hour before you start and the seizure risk should be greatly reduced. Whether this added safety in turn incentivates you to test your limits with a vengence is the reverse side of the coin.

Last edited:
I overdosed on IV cocaine because I spilled shoot water on my stuff and I shoveled some of this gunk onto a spoon. Wow that was dumb. My OD was the dead fish syndrome which I haven't seen mentioned. I was on my back on the floor, arms and legs thrashing the ground very fast, very hard and in strict rhythm. My mind was totally clear. Tried to get to the phone but had no control over my body. OK I thought, this was finally it. But it wasn't. When the thrashing ended after maybe 45 minutes I got to the phone and called 911. The guy on the other end told me I'd had a seizure caused by faulty electrical signals from the brain, but now it was over there was nothing to worry about. No need for a valium or anything. Moral - don't get your stuff wet or if you do don't shoot it, maybe just lick a bit of it.

my girl has had 2 now within a few weeks, i nearly had 1. i am an IV user and have been hitting it pretty hard. my blood pressure was so high the other day after 4 days of continuous use with no sleep you could see all of my veins thumping in unison. the 1st one was a full on seizure. she wont stick the rig in herself for whatever reason which i have been trying to stop for this among other reasons so i have to do it. the one yesterday was very strange. i hit her and handed her the rig. wasnt too big of a bang. she was sitting. sat up on her knees and handed me her rig and asked me to put the cap on. i did. turned back around and then she was facing away from me silent then BAM face down on to the floor. this one was worse then the 1st. until a few days ago i had never experienced an OD on coke before so i really am not up to date on what to do for someone having one. i take it make sure the person is breathing, make sure the heart is beating, its a seizure and coke sometimes make you puke if you shoot too much so same thing make sure nothing is in the airway vomit etc. she started poring blood out of her mouth and was completely purple and blue around the mouth and face but breathing and her heart was beating but too freaking fast. then after about 5 mins she was wide eyed and up. just completely out of her mind fucked up. doesnt remember a single thing.

lots of good info here i came on to see what to do in case it happens again and i saw the post by the ex paramedic and wanted to say thank you very very much.

i think many of these have to do with people not getting a grip on their situation and just letting it take effect until they can handle it and THEN getting up or moving around. at least for IV. i mean you boot the shit, mouth gets hot, you taste it, ears start making noise and at that moment its either you are in deep shit or fucked up. for me we had picked up a half gram. decided the stuff was a little weak so we just sliced it into .25 each and i rigged mine up and didnt even hesitate shot all of it down. i didnt even get the needle out until i heard "Whoa!" come out of my mouth and my ears SCREAM every evil thing in my head at me all at once, i broke my own rule and stood up which immediately i lost my balance, capped my rig and then grabbed for my chair to sit again because i just needed a grip. all i could hear from my woman was "Breathe baby BREATHE!" i didnt seize fall or anything. i ended up not being able to sit in a chair so i sat on the bed instead. it passed within about 2 or 3 mins but jeeeesus it was intense. i was pretty scared. if im not mistaken coke is the 1 most dangerous thing to IV not usually due to the cocaine but the cut that is usually present. i know no residue after applying the water is not an indication of no cut but this was due completely to me being a complete jackass and not taking it easy. anyhow thanks for the advice and i hope anyone else thinking of shooting coke can learn from these posts. its great but you are certainly playing russian roulette with a full clip.

my question is...if I do end up doing some. What are the chances of me having a seizure from a small amount.
You can reduce the seizure risk by taking valium before you begin. Wait for the valium to kick in. It usually does within half an hour.

Ok, I don't do coke That often, but when I do I usually do too much. Had 2 overdoses in last year, last one 2 days ago. First one was not just coke, but everything put together- coke, speed, ecstasy, pot, crazy amounts in like 2 days! Had seizures, the whole works, hadn't used that much since. Gram here and there. Last weekend got a hold of really clean stuff-did probably 4 gramms+??? This time though I felt it coming! For those who never od before-if you feel like you should stop-stop! Take a couple day break. Did a last line, stuff was already falling out of my nose haha, knew did too much. 5 min later- knew it was coming, felt panicky, disoriented, heavy in head, chest. What worked in the past is washing nose out with really old water, puking myself, not this time:( a quick IV always does the trick though... Still feel like crap 2 days later;( suggestions?

super old thread, didnt need bumping.

In regards to yourqeustion, all I can suggest is that you only purchase as much as you can safely take, or leave the remainder with someone trustworthy, who isnt going to give it to you when you start fiending.

some varied advice here plus some sense, i agree that if you have a large amount for personal use its a good idea to leave it somewhere inaccessible - the nature of the drug is that it stimulates compulsive use. if i have good coke i prefer to IV but that really is when things can get tricky - fixing several times an hour is a bad sign but whose gonna stop you? unusually (?) i find good coke lessens the desire for alcohol, it just makes me want more coke! too much is unpleasant - i'd like to know some medical way of judging where unpleasant' turns into fatal, or when to call an ambulance - does an od build over time with consistent IV use? lastly the person who said 'you know when you are going to have a stroke". Really? How? I can easily imagaine im gonna have one but thats not knowng..... why do i like this horrible stuff so much - definitely best in a speedball.

i recently had pancreatitis from vodka, 3 weeks in hospital. obviously doing a lot of coke is not a great idea but what specific damage might it increase? does it effect the pancreas at all?

I seriously hate coke now, just gives me anxiety like mad. My best advice would be, to take 20-25 minutes in between lines minimum. That way you can give your body a chance to break down some before you dose more, trust me you don't want to take too much at once then feel like there is no going back. It is the worst feeling ever, especially with coke.

The only thing I can think of to say is whenever I am about to have a seizure, I get a general "oh fuck, my head is not right and something horrible is about to happen" feeling before it happens. Some people report metallic tastes in their mouths. Either way, I've had 6 seizures, 4 of them grand-mal, and the feelings I got beforehand made me want to kiss this life goodbye.

Every time I've been hospitalized for a seizure they've ran the whole litany of tests to check if I had a stroke. I can imagine it can possibly be similar, if you're "lucky," regarding the warning signs. Most people however just awake from coma and realize they can't speak or have partial paralysis.

Scary stuff. The brain is more delicate than most people think.

I agree that the brain is a delicate and wonderful organ - unfortunately a neighbor down the road doesn't 'get it' - this normally docile person has been shooting primo yayo for the last 5 days, not getting much sleep, and reports that it no longer seems to get the same rush as at first.... fear of an od puts him off increasing the dose too much. I suppose the variables are too many for an accurate reply but in general a long term using person is unlikely to od if it increases the hit from approx 2 lines worth to 3? I am surprised how many other people have had multiple seizures and not only survived but continued. Perhaps someone might comment on the quantity they fixed pre-siezure, are we talking 1/2 gram? less? more?

The person down the road seems to have stumbled upon some really pure coke - melts totally in cold water. It wonders though if in fact this alone is evidence of purity or whether certain cuts act the same way. Once the substance is eaten and the next shot done with my acquaintance would be interested in any comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously hate coke now, just gives me anxiety like mad. My best advice would be, to take 20-25 minutes in between lines minimum. That way you can give your body a chance to break down some before you dose more, trust me you don't want to take too much at once then feel like there is no going back. It is the worst feeling ever, especially with coke.
Same bro, could not handle it anymore. The anxiety started creeping in earlier and earlier each session and each comedown got worse. Last Monday was my last time using, I'm convinced forever. The comedown and fiending and amount of money I was wasting was just too too much for myself to handle, tuesday morning I deleted all my dealers and everyone I could get their numbers from, for the first time ever. I now have no access to cocaine, until today when a dealer whom I deleted texting me telling me he had bomb blow. Took me two seconds to think about that anxiety and rather than caving I deleted the text immediately, which I'm very proud of myself for. 10 days clean today and I sure as hell don't wanna start from scratch again, I'm so happy I had the self control to just delete that message. Their is nothing more pathetic and deprived then a man in the depths of a multi month bi-weekly coke binge, where everything you do centers around coming down and feeling nearly suicidal, anxiety filled while actually high on cocaine, or working doing whatever you can to get money for blow. Looking back so many blowheads told me how much they regretted starting and I of course said I couldn't even afford the addiction and of course got hooked from the first time I tried it after. Within months I went from a quarter gram from friends on weekends to 8balls to my face in a night. Such an ugly drug, glad to have gotten out.

If you OD and get a seizure or black out, how long does this black out usually last? 2-3min? 20min?

Status
Not open for further replies.