• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine Injection: Observations and Questions

High Kite

Greenlighter
Greetings, Everyone.

First off I just want to thank this place for providing us noobs with knowledgeable users to answer our questions. This place as well as Drug-Forum has probably saved many lives over the years as well as saved lots of goodies from being wasted!

My Cat started IVing cocaine about a month ago. It's had some of the purest wholesale charlie in the Dominican Republic when there for 3 months working. My cat says it was a real pleasure to feel that amazing rush again. Unfortunately, my cat says that the cocaine to be had up here in Ontario is really cut although Cat's had much worse. When placed in a spoon, some of it disolves instantly while some remains at the bottom. A few seconds with the lighter and a quick mix and Cat says it has a clear liquid. Cat isn't dealing with absolute shit afterall and it never turns milky white or anything - All clear. Cat (being the hardcore little kitty that it is) walks a fine line between just enough and too much. Usually .25 in one push. It's enough to make Cat sit the hell down, have to close the eyes and hang on for dear life for about 5 minutes. Cat's concern is that it might try that one day on a very pure chunk and OD but as of yet has not come close to that (I don't think.. it's really hard to say..). The other thing that gets me a bit worried is the cut, It's an oil base cut of some kind and turns completely clear once heated which I believe is a good thing - Professional Cut, not just some guy with an old can of baked beans and hairspray. :p

The last time Cat attempted this it really screwed up. First, cat used only 2 Ultra-Fine BD's for about 10 injections. By the end the needle wouldn't even pierce cats skin. Cat also has a roomie who he is friends with - Cat got very nervous as he was home in the livingroom and is known to just open the door and come right in to cats bedroom to say hello. Cat has admitted to roomie he does it responsibly but at the same time doesn't want said roomie coming in and seeing him in this state with gear all over, blood etc. It's just not good form for non-IVing people to see. So in Cat's haste, ultra-paranoia he missed and wasted many shots causing swelling, bubbles to form under the skin. At one point cat was so desperate to get a shot in he missed, tried 2mm away missed again and kept going in rapid succession which caused a lot of irritation and infection. 2 weeks later it's mostly cleared up, I caused a large abcess to form on my prize vein which is now just starting to close up. Cat has learned it's lesson - If Cat is going to do this (which cat definitely is...thick-skulled being that he is!) Cat is going to do it Right so that it's more hygenic and less freaked out with respect to privacy. Locking the door, doing it while he's at work or asleep downstairs.

The main thing I wasn't doing was Registering. Cat has a million dollar arm, very vascular, fit body type. Really big juicy veins. Cat finds it very difficult to pull back the plunger and register in this process. Cat knows all of the suggestions (Warm water, Rubberband or belt, windmill, pushups).

Questions: Can anyone help Cat with suggestions to Registering properly and easily? Technique with holding the syringe. Also, Cat is using BD Ultra Fine - Would switching to a 27 or 28g syringe make this easier?
Can one purchase syringes with an automatic register? IE: A small well in the bottom of a syringe that will fill with blood once a vein is hit? I suppose they wouldn't be perfect as you could go in and then out of the vein but at least it's something! Any suggestions would be great.

As a final note: IVing cocaine seems to have everything against you... The substance itself constricts your veins, you shake and become paranoid, rushing yourself, misses hurt, cause infection and prevent you from using that part of your vein for a while... It just goes on and on. If you're going to do something, even stupid like this, at least do it right is what I say. 2 weeks later Cat still has an open wound although it is scabbed and kept clean with peroxide a few times a day.

Thanks

Last edited:
Regularly. :)

Not slamming regularly though. Only once every 2 weeks.
I've been maintaining my chems like this for a long time and used that as a reason to justify shooting as cats schedule doesn't change, just the administration. :)

lol no shit...and its you not ur cat,no need for that here.....but you shoulld really learn to register,it isn't that hard...use the wings on back of the rig for leverage holding with your ring finger and thumb,and gently pull pack the plunger with your index and middle finger.

Missing coke shots has caused some of the nastiest absecesses I have ever seen.

Does cocaine / cut coagulate without blood in them?

The reason I ask this is because I want to pre-mix, pre-load all my syringes before I do any.

How would I store them over a couple hours? Needle pointed up in a glass of water? Do they leak ... .. . o 0 (I shouldn't think so but just asking..)

I find preparing it sucks when you're hearing a bullet train coming right between your eyes and it makes me super paranoid.

You cannot pre-mix your shots, sadly. This is because you won't be using a preservative within the water (benzyl alcohol) which means your shots will only have a shelf life of a few minutes/hours, and past that, it won't be safe to use.

Just prepare shots when you are ready for them.

And please don't talk about giving your cat shots of coke! That's horrible. ;) We just use "Me" or "I" here at Bluelight.

Minutes and Hours is exactly what I am after. :)

Even If I knew I was going to inject 3 times in one hour, I could say make 3 shots and as long as I did them in one hour, It'd be alright?

Even if I could only prepare 2 shots at once it would still be a lot better than every damn time.

You cannot pre-mix your shots, sadly. This is because you won't be using a preservative within the water (benzyl alcohol) which means your shots will only have a shelf life of a few minutes/hours, and past that, it won't be safe to use.

Just prepare shots when you are ready for them.

And please don't talk about giving your cat shots of coke! That's horrible. ;) We just use "Me" or "I" here at Bluelight.

Ooops. The first time I really tried this I used a clean glass of water but it had been sitting out for most of the day as I thought evaporating the chlorine might be a good idea. Wrong! Come to think of it, this is the way I always do it so this whole time I have been injecting 6-10 hour old water. Nice. :(

Okay cool - No more cat. :)

It's really not that hard to flag your shot. It takes about as much brains and energy as putting a pen cap back on a pen or working a zipper. The consequences for not flagging...well, you already know those.

It can be a little tricky to hold it right so that you can work the plunger to suck a little blood up, but you should be able to figure it out pretty easily. When I used to be shooting coke I would grip the rig with my thumb and ring finger, and pull the the plunger back with my index and middle fingers.

Get some blood up in there before you inject again...you won't be sorry.

To be honest I'm a little embarassed - It wasn't that I tried and failed really - It's that I never seriously tried and was too aprehensive of moving the needle around too much and going through my vein. Rationally, I know it would have been smarter to register but with the anxiety, ubber paranoia and this incredible excitement I felt at the rush each time it was enough to send me over the edge.

I'll be experimenting proper technique shortly.

^How I learned was using empty (unused obviously) needles.Stick it in your vein and try to register if it fills up with blood you're doing it right.

If you use sterile saline and 0.22 micron filters, prepping 4 shots to be used within the next 4 hours should carry no infection risk. You should prep the shots, not leave the filtered end product in the glass though. Once the solution is inside the (capped) syringe it is less exposed to contamination from outside.

You should be able to register even with a 30G. You could get some practice doing dummy runs with sterile saline only. Shaking is the enemy of good shots. Shaking is 80% a psychological thing. As you become tolerant and IV coke ceases to be such a "wow" thing for you, you will shake less.

You should work out which way to grip the syringe works best for you if you shoot into your arm, which you probably do (shooting into the foot leaves both your hands free but veins there are sluggish). Try holding the syringe as a murderer holding a knife (you then move the plunger with your thumnail), in this way your syringe will be very stable. Try leaving the best vein spot for later, for when your veins have shrunk and your mind is no longer at its best. Where you can't register, it's often better to withdraw alltogether and try somewhere else rather than try probing deeper. Don't do more than 4 shots in one session, the shots after that are wasted. One final tip: you're better off with syringes with removable needles than with the usual insulin one-piece syringes. Buy 3 times the amount of needles and everytime you miss replace the needle. BTW, I've noticed that some protruding veins can be approached by the needle from one side (instead as from the top). In this way the vein has nowhere to flee, your needle will get in. If you approach it from the top it tends to slide to one side, then to the next, and you always end up missing.

Update on Technique

Well, Well..

Having now pretty much perfected the art of injecting into 1 or 2 very familar veins I can now speak in hindsight as to what was happening.

Years ago I participated in Clinical drug studies with abuse potential. They would literally take our blood 15 times a day and sometimes the nurses were not that skilled so some poking around happened and scar tissue formed on both the inner crooks of my arms. I am fairly certain I could hit them now but what was happening is I was going through scar tissue and it didn't have that same "feel" when I used other veins so it was difficult to really get the hang of. I was also using short tips which combined with the scar tissue was really messing me up. Now I go in at a perfect angle (like 20 degrees for me or so)
with a long needle on the Bicep, tricep vein. I have amazing veins, I am athletically built and my veins literally bulge with a few flexes of the hand - I haven't seen anybody with as nice veins as me, this was commented on in the drug study by some IV users as well as nurses. I now attained a "Feel" of piercing a rubber tube and feeling the ease once it's pierces through, like the tip is floating (it kind of is actually...). For the first few times i made a point to really register, bring crimson up into the syringe. Now, I do the slightest of registers but I don't even have to. I've perhaps done about 30 shots since I got the hang of it and not missed one, even paranoid out of my mind that ninja assasins would be coming through every window and door int he house, hands shaking, able to calm myself just to get it in, break, breath, smile, push.
My veins are so large I know I should register but it doesn't seem like I even need to.

So, in Summary, given the unusual circumstances of having scar tissue formed on your shooting location while still being an Utter newbie it can be quite difficult to get that familar "feel" to it.

I am quite sure I could do this riding on the back of a wagon through a field, blindfolded while being tickled by a feather duster!
A Star is born ladies and gentleman!
lol :(

hey, I didn't read through this whole thread, just the initial post. I feel inclined to respond as I definately know what it's like to shoot shot after shot of coke until your needle might as well be a steak your driving into your arm.

The deal with registering with coke is this. You GOT to have a steady hand with it. That goes for saying when I.V'ing all drugs, but with stimulants, it's especially important because you really want to do your shot as quickly as possible because stimulants cause vascular constriction, which makes it easy to fall out of the vein before you finish your shot if you don't have a steady hand.

My advice is this:
1)use as little water as possible.
you want to inject quickly and make sure all the solution goes in the vein. do to the aforementioned problem about your veins getting really skinny when they come into contact with a stimulant, you want to make a pretty condensed solution. I almost never use more than 15 units/shot.

2)don't use a tourniquet. Before I properly learned how to I.V, I was always wrapping shit around my arm to hit the veins easier. I would just register and slam, and often miss, because by the time the tourniquet was off and I injected, I would fall out of the vein. Just learn how to shoot w/out one, it's much easier IMO, even with rolling veins (especially with rolling veins I find.) Also, it helps (when injecting into your arm) to extend your arm down so your hands are by your wrist. I find that this makes the veins pop out a lot more, and it keeps them from rolling as much. (EDIT: I just realize this might not be the smartest thing to do with certain substances. For instance, the rush of heroin can make some people fall over, so you don't want to be standing when shooting that. However, you can still do this sitting in a chair or on a bed, whatever, just let your arm hang down and pump your fist for maximum results.)

safe shooting, I hope this was handy. (god man, I've been thinking about white all day...)

well I won't comment except to say I hope you read that thread showing the way a needle looks after 1 use and then after 6 uses, it looks like a torture device after only 6 uses,and I used to shoot up 30-40 times with the same needle when I shot coke.Also good coke should dissolve into the water without heating it.I have only had coke once that left anything after putting water on iy and it was some powdered sugar the dealers dope fiend girlfriend had slipped into his stash to cover up her stealing his coke,and I told him about the way the shit looked and he took all the white powder outta his house,like powdered sugar,baking soda,flour,etc. and the girls next door beat her ass and she left and we never had that problem again..lol..but if you do have undissolved stuff in your spoon after putting water on it, then don't heat it you will be dissolving some type of cut! anyway the coke i wa sshooting at the most I would shoot maybe a little under .2 g and that was if it was crappy which it rearely was,usually the most I needed was half a 1/4 gram, and others would do about a 1/4 of a 1/4 and have to puke and lay down for awhile as it was good coke..be careful that dealer was a good friend and he od'd on about .2 g of the really good coke in a shot ..

well if your cat is addicted to coke you may wanna have it put down

also just because a oily cut disolves dosent mean it is safe...

When you guys say your coke dissolves totally in water, do you mean once water tpuches it it becomes totally clear and dissolved? Because i usually get coke that's in rocky form more than just straight powder and I find i always have to stir it up once i add water to get it to fully dissolve but it does turn out crystal clear after mixing it for a little.

If you put 2 tablespoons of salt in a bit of water, it doesn't all just disappear instantly (if it's a long glass and has a long way to fall than perhaps) but we are talking just a bit of water in a spoon. Yes, mix it up. I like to heat mine as to avoid most bacteria, virus, fungus, spores etc but am aware that I could be injecting some kind of unknown cut into myself.

I think the reason for this is the principle of diffusion. The limited amount of water in very close proximity to the soluble substance can't diffuse any more of substance and needs to be mixed to get fresh water around it so it can finish diffusing.