• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine Depression

Stringer_Bell

Bluelighter
I know it's normal to get depressed on the immediate comedown from coke. But is it normal to get bad depression for 2-3 days afterwards?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Yes. Cocaine affects your dopamine receptors as most drugs do, resulting in depression, or lack of pleasure. How long have you been using? How much do you use?

Just rest, eat well, take it easy. Try to stay off any other drugs for a few days until you get back to normal.

I'll be honest, I've been using it for a few months and it's always the same. Use for a couple of days, then about 3 days bad depression afterwards. I know it's stupid to keep doing it but a week after I'm recovered I forget how bad the depression was!

This time i just used 1g (but of very good (tested) stuff) over two days and now have pretty bad depression. I know I should stop using it.

That's why I had to stop doing coke because as incredible as a shot of coke feels it's so short lived and the euphoria comes with a dysphoria chaser. Never been more depressed in my life. it would have me thinking about all of the money I spent,all the people I let down,and just feeling like a piece of shit in general!

In find it's about 1:1, time high:depressed for me, especially after long runs, 2-4 days of snorting decent to very good quality blow (decent = tolerable). I sleep three of those night, usually go all night on night one.

Probably the number two reason why I don't (ab)use stimulants as I did in the past. As I got older the depression time lengthened, but that could be due to other factors, too many to nail down why that was happening to me.

Many thanks for the answers. Yeah, as much as I like doing it it's just not worth it for me anymore. Speedballs - same for me in that time high roughly equals time depressed.

Edit: I also feel like a POS during the post-coke depression. It strikes me as funny that the way we feel about ourselves depends so much on mood/dopamine levels than our actions. I've never felt like a POS while experiencing the euphoria from cocaine!

Last edited: