• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine Comedown & Addiction

is it just me or does anyone else NOT have comedowns for coke...

i mean, i can do an 8ball in one night, go to sleep, and wake up fine...

but everything else speedy i have HORRIDDDD comedowns.
wtf?

does this happen to anyone else..?
lol

I have never had any sort of comedown from coke..
But I never do much- probably a point or two in a sitting
and I always complete my yay with ~30mg of Oxy.
So I guess I could just be masking the comedown.

Sex is great for cocaine comedowns, for me. If its good I don't usually have comedowns either.

I like a low dose antipsychotic plus a benzo....knocks you the fuck out. Also, antipsychotics are generally reknown for their appetite increasing effect, meaning you get your self some decent nourishment before your 12 hour comatose sleep state.

generally, I wake up feeling just fine after doing so.

from my exp any benzo works good, but the highly potent ones are a bit better (alprazolam, clonazepam, nitrazepam, phenazepam, lorazepam, ect) and I like seroquel, zyprexia and prochlorperazine as the AP, seroquel being #1 and prochlorperazine my favourite if I wanna do drugs again the next day, due to its short half life, so it wont be blocking my high by the next evening.

the only thing that comes to my mind is 1. benzos 2. a shower cuz u need one anywayz. always works for me oh and if u can get laid too that helps me

Benzos, using cocaine until you're tired of being awake is a good method too which also happens to be my favorite one and that's exactly how i made it to 9 days without a minute of sleep. i've had a friend once tell me that booze is a necessity for her if she's going to touch coke, but i personally don't even particularly enjoy to mix the two all that much, to each their own, downers are all potentially okay options but make sure not to take a downer too close to an upper to avoid confusing the parasympathetic nervous system.

I dont know if its a good thing or not, but I dont feel any come down anymore. Whether insuflated or smoked. I do know that alcohol is pretty much the enemy of a smooth comedown. The metabolites of coke and alcohol are combined by the liver into a nice toxic coca_ethenol molecule. I just get sleepy enough to turn in for the night after smoking. If isuflated, I dont really notice any change in mood or energy level. Its just a smooth graduation.

Benzos, using cocaine until you're tired of being awake is a good method too which also happens to be my favorite one and that's exactly how i made it to 9 days without a minute of sleep.
Christ! This sounds awful honestly. I never get personally how some people can just binge on cocaine for days, personally there comes a point for myself where more cocaine just prolongs the bad feelings.

make sure not to take a downer too close to an upper to avoid confusing the parasympathetic nervous system.
This is a commonly repeated idea but I am not sure that there's actually any evidence that "confusing the parasympathetic nervous system" is a real danger in itself. The dangers of mixing downers and uppers typically relate to accidentally dosing too high with one because of the masking effects of the other. And of course, cocaine and ethanol is a special case because of the toxic cocaethylene metabolite. However benzos, on the other hand, as far as taking other substances to combat uncomfortable or even dangerous reactions from too much cocaine - can be considered, probably, one of the least harmful options. Benzos have a very wide therapeutic index and most of the commonly prescribed ones do not typically depress breathing too much except in extreme doses, or mixed with other downers, and essentially all of them have a far longer duration than cocaine, so will typically outlast any excess stimulation from the cocaine.

Of course, the absolute best HR option is to not do so much cocaine in the first place ;)... but on the basis that it's already too late for that, taking a benzo is not the worst option if you're in that anxious, awful place where it feels like you're fighting off a heart attack, and as long as you're not planning to do any more cocaine.

Christ! This sounds awful honestly. I never get personally how some people can just binge on cocaine for days, personally there comes a point for myself where more cocaine just prolongs the bad feelings.

This is a commonly repeated idea but I am not sure that there's actually any evidence that "confusing the parasympathetic nervous system" is a real danger in itself. The dangers of mixing downers and uppers typically relate to accidentally dosing too high with one because of the masking effects of the other. And of course, cocaine and ethanol is a special case because of the toxic cocaethylene metabolite. However benzos, on the other hand, as far as taking other substances to combat uncomfortable or even dangerous reactions from too much cocaine - can be considered, probably, one of the least harmful options. Benzos have a very wide therapeutic index and most of the commonly prescribed ones do not typically depress breathing too much except in extreme doses, or mixed with other downers, and essentially all of them have a far longer duration than cocaine, so will typically outlast any excess stimulation from the cocaine.

Of course, the absolute best HR option is to not do so much cocaine in the first place ;)... but on the basis that it's already too late for that, taking a benzo is not the worst option if you're in that anxious, awful place where it feels like you're fighting off a heart attack, and as long as you're not planning to do any more cocaine.
while i'll never make excuses for my usage because i believe in being transparent when it comes to HR, i indeed do use more than i should, but on the other hand, i'm not straining myself in any way shape or form for the drug (honestly) i don't miss a meal, i do end up depriving myself of sleep, but man do i make up for that by just konking out for days afterwards so there's always give and take not take take take when it come to my use. Truthfully, having used cocaine while not in withdrawal from my pain medication (it's all that i've found truly relieves the pain and keeps wd at bay at the same time) it really wasn't all that amazing or even noteworthy to be using to the point where i used so much less coke when taking my meds alongside it i NEARLY smoked half or close to 1/4 of what i typically do so go figure right?
i won't actually say anything to combat your statement in any way shape or form in the spirit or HR because people shouldn't be smoking cocaine anyways.

Diazepam alcohol morphine oxycodone gabapentin pregabalin or.more cocaine or mind power onfenirs gone no more lie down eat some food.
I refuse to take cocaine with no downers did it before and wanted to die bad lol cocaine and bipolar do not mix

In my early twenties I was smoking freebase coke like crazy. My recipe for the comedown were benzos, booze and a smoothie.

When my grades in University went in free fall coz of daily benzo use I tried opiates.

GHB was no option because I was addicted to it heavily some years before.

When I snorted the first line of oxycodone I felt like I was reborn after a night of non-stop smoking freebase. It was incredible, my performance in University went way up but it was a slippery slope.

Got addicted to opiates, failed University and have been an opiates addict since on top of the daily coke use.

A lot of people I know became opiate addicts because they were heavy coke users.

Be careful with opiates, best avoid at all.
Limit the coke to weekends and use benzos with booze as responsible as possible

A few things to address here.
first of all, the mental part of the comedown is just that, mental. If you can accept that the comedown WILL happen after a certain period of time, you can take that time to enjoy the rush, then drink some water, eat, maybe have a few sleepy time teas. I guarantee you’ll be FINE in an hour or less, so just accept that and you’ll be okay.
Secondly, the physical part. The racing heart, the weakness.. here it really depends on how you handle stress and anxiety. Personally I need 20-30mg valium before my hit because Im prone to panic, and any relaxing teas will help the heart racing. Alcohol is a last resort because it DOES help but it makes the coke more dangerous to your body. But hey, if nothing else is available, I would have a couple beers before the hit and a couple coming down. However, remember, you will be fine in an hour or less. So do you really want to be under the influence of opiates/benzos/booze/whatever else once you’re okay?
another thing is if you cando it, nap in a comfortable position and you’ll wake up great. Not many can do this butfor some reason I personally can fall asleep 30 min after IV use.. granted I take valium and sleep tea but yeah. Sleep and time are your friends.
Coke is such a waste honestly. Expensive, short lived, horrible comedown, but hey that rush is un matched. One more tip if you do IV, space your shots out an hour and a half minimum. Any sooner is a waste and your anxiety will be thru the roof. Stay safe.

I found that more sedating benzodiazepines (Especially Nitrazepam) worked the best. Then again that was the time I did what I'd like to call a yuppie speedball, where I did a rail of blow in one nostril and a rail of 8 mg Dilaudid in the other. The Dilaudid completely overtook the cocaine and I recall myself fighting to stay awake until my breathing went back to what I considered 'normal'. I didn't really like the notion of the risk of death while I was sleeping, so I stayed up.

I also can recommend (not NitraZepam but) Nitrazolam, because its really sedative. also diclazepam i use sometimes for comedowns, works great. Flubromazolam will send you to sleep immediately, I like Etizolam then more, because i have a smoother feeling.

JJ

i have such a stupid question...
everybody here talks about comedowns, crashes and so on - I really never had/have this not even after a binge. Perhaps a little headache and it lasts a bit longer to go out of bed and so on, but a crash or comedown.... What does it feel like for you, I mean it seriously because i really know sometihing like that. Perhaps I'm a bit drowsy when i get up, and Im thirsty like hell but otherwise..... Nothing, even when taken big amounts.

Could you please explain to me which symtpoms you have?

Thanks

JJ

first of all, the mental part of the comedown is just that, mental. If you can accept that the comedown WILL happen after a certain period of time, you can take that time to enjoy the rush, then drink some water, eat, maybe have a few sleepy time teas. I guarantee you’ll be FINE in an hour or less, so just accept that and you’ll be okay.
Secondly, the physical part. The racing heart, the weakness.. here it really depends on how you handle stress and anxiety. Personally I need 20-30mg valium before my hit because Im prone to panic, and any relaxing teas will help the heart racing. Alcohol is a last resort because it DOES help but it makes the coke more dangerous to your body. But hey, if nothing else is available, I would have a couple beers before the hit and a couple coming down. However, remember, you will be fine in an hour or less. So do you really want to be under the influence of opiates/benzos/booze/whatever else once you’re okay?
another thing is if you cando it, nap in a comfortable position and you’ll wake up great. Not many can do this butfor some reason I personally can fall asleep 30 min after IV use.. granted I take valium and sleep tea but yeah. Sleep and time are your friends.
Coke is such a waste honestly. Expensive, short lived, horrible comedown, but hey that rush is un matched. One more tip if you do IV, space your shots out an hour and a half minimum. Any sooner is a waste and your anxiety will be thru the roof. Stay safe.

Hi,

you mentioned the mental part when it comes to comedowns. And this is what I also always tell my friends - the comedown is really not bad and I also can sleep after a heavy cocaine binge without any aids. The comedown is part of the party...

JJ

i have such a stupid question...
everybody here talks about comedowns, crashes and so on - I really never had/have this not even after a binge. Perhaps a little headache and it lasts a bit longer to go out of bed and so on, but a crash or comedown.... What does it feel like for you, I mean it seriously because i really know sometihing like that. Perhaps I'm a bit drowsy when i get up, and Im thirsty like hell but otherwise..... Nothing, even when taken big amounts.

Could you please explain to me which symtpoms you have?

Thanks

JJ
The comedown isn't really physical, well it Is but there arent any physical symptomps. It's all mental. When uve Been doing 2 grams +, it's the feeling u get like if ur souls Been sucked out of you. You feel lethargic, moody, depressed. U Wanna keep feeling the coke endlessly. The comedown isn't that bad when ya snort maybe that's y u haven't felt a pronounced comedown. but with crack AND IV coke, Holy shit if u dont have another hit the nxt 5 mins after it wears off, u get so anxious. With IV coke especially after finishing a 3 day bender i felt suicidal when coming down. Crazy shit Cocaine Is.