• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine comedown and low blood sugar

SnowingInTexas

Greenlighter
My buddy and his wife like to do coke on the weekends. They dont touch it Mon-Fri.
A good weekend will involve on ounce or ounce and a half split between them. An 8ball each for a night is the minimum. Some nights are rails, some are bumps. Quality varies, but its usually decent stuff.
My question is, i was told, that recently after a hard ounce and a half weekend, his wife had a really bad comedown. She began shaking violently, lost ability to focus or communicate, and came close to passing out. He recognized the symptoms as low blood sugar and fed her sodas and peanut butter. This cured the attack. Since then, they have been careful about making sure she eats when they party, and they cut back on the amount (no more than an ounce between them) yet these attacks still happen. Now he is questioning himself. He came to me asking for help.

Has anyone ever heard of Cocaine comedown induced hypoglycemia or low blood sugar? Is something else going on and if so what's the best method of treatment? They dont want to remove cocaine from their lifestyle. Both are responsible adults and have been careful not to allow their fun to become a habit or have negative impacts on them.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

Thread keeps getting deleted , not sure why.

if he still has a decent amount of cocaine in him - like he is a little jittery, still high, and he has low blood sugar, that can be pretty serious.

It increases the seizure risk.

As well the chance for neurocognitve side effects such as mania, hallucinations, and paranoia - especially if their is concurrent sleep deprivation

( these symptoms themselves are contributed to lack of sleep and lack of nutrition - rather than excessive postsynaptic D2 receptor activity - in most people who experience them.

Im diabetic and personally never experienced this. When my blood sugar does goes low though, I get shaky, anxiety, sometimes hunger, and sometimes confusion. Usually just shaky and hungry, I also get a feeling throughout my body I cant describe. Like a deep hollow feeling, its too weird for words. Ive experienced low blood sugar during a blow high though

Im diabetic and personally never experienced this. When my blood sugar does goes low though, I get shaky, anxiety, sometimes hunger, and sometimes confusion. Usually just shaky and hungry, I also get a feeling throughout my body I cant describe. Like a deep hollow feeling, its too weird for words. Ive experienced low blood sugar during a blow high though

Seizures? You are not on cocaine, though, at least according to your post. Or under the influence of sleep deprivation.

Seizures? You are not on cocaine, though, at least according to your post. Or under the influence of sleep deprivation.
Ive never had a seizure, and ive had hypogylceima on blow before just not during the comedown. Ive never done enough to be sleep deprived for longer than a day either but have on meth, never had OPs complications on stims though

Yeah I used to get belligerent too when I ran out of coke! Now..I won't even do coke without smack or a good benzo to comedown with.
Fed her sodas and peanut butter? What if it wasn't a sugar low?

- hs

I get shaky, occasionally feel a bit like I might pass out if it's severe, and my biggest tell is like ...hungernausea ...hard to explain but left w/o something being done about it, it can even result in the hungerpukes ...and yes goes along w/ that weird hollow feeling you mentioned.
but I haven't really experienced hypoglycemia in conjunction w/ stimulant abuse ...but maybe that's just because I haven't abused stimulants since developing all these blood sugar problems.

Feed her sodas and peanut butter? What if it wasn't a sugar low?

- hs

Yeah I was thinking that....

Also even if it was low blood sugar, sodas and peanut butter are far from ideal to quickly raise it....especially peanut butter which is almost all fat and protein and very low in carbohydrates.

If it is low blood sugar then then the best thing (other than glucagon or IV glucose) is to simply mix around 100g of dextrose powder in plain water and drink it quickly.

Last edited:
Sounds like having a meal with some sugar before a coke binge, would help. Maybe a sugary beverage during, and snacks and candy for the comedown might help./

Thanks all. The latest "episode" took place about 4 hours after her last bump. Not sure how long comedown lasts, but thought I would mention it.

I'm sorry but the stuff they are getting cant be quality, I have had good quality flake and the most I have managed in a weekend session with a mate is about a quarter, maybe just over and it's not like we're new to it. Actually I have managed a Henry in a night but it was at a festival and was handing out bumps too so probably nearer 2-2.5 and I was charged up to fuck!! If they can manage an 8ball each minimum a night then that right there is the answer to your question... Find a better supplier.