• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine anxiety

shambo356

Greenlighter
Just wondering is this a common complaint?I do suffer from anxiety but I thought cocaine was supposed to make you feel fresh and new ? Seems to make everyone else around me feel that way apart from me . I do feel slightly stimulated but I dont really think its as good as everyone sais it is! It does make everyone talk like shit including myself but It really fucks up my breathing and makes me anxious, I get more of a good feel buzz off other things . People have told me its because of what its cut with and that if you have pure or good coke it gives you a rush of euphoria and makes you feel brand new...Only few of my friends get the anxiety thing. I dont really feel any anxiety with mdma or speed , maby if I have taken to much speed but otherwise no. Any thoughts? I had an idea that if it was cut with different things that make people anxious then cutting agents might not have an affect on people who do no suffer from anxiety. I am aware that coke in Ireland is cut a lot .

This is not uncommon- I react much the same way to stimulants (am RXed amphetamine for ADHD and it does help with that but it is not something I really enjoy due to anxiety) and cocaine effects me much the same way- so much so that if a friend of mine came to my door and said "hey here is some free coke" unless I could take it and save it for a time when I had opioids or benzos to combine it with I would actually rather not take it. I think some people are stimulant people and some aren't. Also, some stimulants have more of a an effect on the pulmonary system in a ratio compared to dopamine (the more dopamine released in comparison to norepinephrine, I think, the more euphoric it is for most people- some stimulants like caffeine actually release little to no dopamine; cocaine is supposed to release quite a bit but still has an effect on the pulmonary system). You definitely are not alone. On the plus side I've found people that react like us rarely get addicted to them, and usually have more problems with opioids, benzos, or both.

I have similar experiences with cocaine, and I am also diagnosed with anxiety as well as mild agoraphobia. When I take it, it makes my throat feel as if it's closing up and it's hard to breathe so it causes me to freak out and I always wonder if I'm going to the hospital that night. But this only happens for a few minutes then it goes away and I can enjoy the stimulant high.

back when i used to do coke, myself and those i did it with, would only consider a night on coke if we had plenty of xanax. it kinda depends on the person, but most people get some degree of anxiety from coke. taking a bar before the coke, and then maybe a half bar or so every hour or two, makes the experience sooo much better, for me at least. it evens it out, so u can enjoy the high without anxiety. it also makes it safer because it increases the seizure threshold (lowering the chance of having a seizure) while coke decreases the seizure threshold (increased risk of seizure)

^I like to smoke a few bong rips with mine. Makes me feel better like your Xanax did to you. It gives me that urge to smoke cigs too.

Never done coke, but I know MPH and EPH gave me terrible, terrible anxiety. My understanding is that cocaine works in much the same way as those two except with added 5-HT reuptake blocking, which simplistically makes it to Ritalin what MDMA is to Adderall, and so possibly less anxiogenic...then again it can also be thought of as equivalent to Ritalin + Prozac, and I'm very skeptical that any amount of Prozac on earth would have done much from the anxiety I got from Rit, so from that perspective your experience doesn't surprise me at all... :\