• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Cocaine AND POSSIBLE Interactions Mixing GABAPentin???

Thomas29

Bluelighter
Okay So I know that GABAPentin WILL DECREASE ABSORPTION OF BENZOS AND OPIOIDS UNLESS you take and ABSORB THEM completely and wait a FULL 2 HOURS according to studies of morphine and hydromorphone but anything even Methadone problably increases GABAPentin Absorbption BY A LOT Like 44% More at most but at least maybe 33% Ish i forget but i know it could make up to an Extra 44%Ish Absorbed But Waiting 2 Hours will not DECREASE YOUR BENZO OR OPIOID ABSORPTION BENZO decreased absorption is not well known or very much Information available through google search sorry if i am ranting i am HIgh on blow as i type so ill edit later if need be but UP TO 4 Hours after Morphine and Hydromorphone but ANY AND EVERY Opioid/Opiate will POTENTIATE FOR LONG AS 4 HOURS AFTER TAKING A Opioid And POSSIBLY A BENZO i mean i guess yes since it is lowered absorption if you mix it with gabapentin just like opioids but only morphine and hydromorphone have been studied and only Opioids not Benzos are KNOWN FOR A FACT throught studies to INCREASE THE ABSORPTION PERCENTAGE OF GABAPentin.

MY QUESTION IS SIMPLY WILL GABAPentin if i take it say as i am snorting lines before say my last line since it takes 2-3 hours to work and a lot of the drip has a profound effect when doing a day and night session of blow.

IF I HAD TO Guess I would Say GABAPentin will not EFFECT COCAINE AT ALL in ABSORPTION LOWER OR HIGHER EITHER WAY for Both Drugs is my Educated Guess But I lIKE TO BE THOROUGHLY SURE ABOUT things and you know what they say about assuming about a guess being right better safe than sorry in this case fucking with my blow high but in some cases it is death or life advice So even though it is not A LIFE OR DEATH QUESTIOn treat it seriously with a Serious Person Reply With Seriousness in it Lol. THANK YOU! Oh and the O.C.D. of MINE MADE ME PUSH THE CAPS LOCK KEY I AM SO SORRY!.... FORGIVE ME!

They are both sodium channel blockers, don't mix them, as the combination can be dangerous to the cardiovascular system.

This warning includes mixing Lyrica and cocaine.

^Calcium, not sodium, cations I believe. But thinks for posting that information. Finally, a logical mechanism by which gabapentin can alleviate cocaine withdrawal. I never thought of that overlap. Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, though. Gabapentin can be stimulating. It's not exactly reliable when it comes to phenomenological effects. That said, it's an anxiolytic, and generally makes the user tired, at least after a few hours.

Now I understand that it's a substance p inhibitor (nociceptive effects), and that somehow it may elevate GABA levels, but when we're talking blocking Ca+2 influx at the axon terminal, we're talking preventing the vesicles from fusing to the presynaptic membrane and releasing neurotransmitters into the synaptic cleft.

Cocaine is a hard stimulant. Everyone knows that. But blocking excytosis by preventing Ca+2 from entering the button is not really associated with a stimulating effect, but the opposite. Clearly there's more going on than just that. Of course cocaine is an SNDRI, and as I recall, a sigma agonist, which I may be wrong but which might lead to direct glutamatergic activity.

It's plausible that both gabapentin and cocaine prevent excitatory neurotransmission, but given the effects they have on people, it's probably more likely that they block calcium cation influx in different brain regions, or regarding different neurotransmitters. So for example gabapentin preventing it in the locus coureleus (sp?), and cocaine in regions with high amounts of inhibitory neurotransmitters.

^Gabapentin actually seems to have sodium channel blocking effects1 2. I believe this mechanism to be the cause of its reliably producing tachycardia in the early stages of the drug's effects, much like Lyrica.

Now, will the cumulative effect of slowly adding on low doses of lyrica/gabapentin to the end of a cocaine high help the comedown due to its GABAergic effects? Maybe, but I wouldn't risk it, just because of their sodium channel blocker properties and their tendencies to cause tachycardia.

Last edited:
What tendency (for gabapentin, pregablin maybe)? I will try and post it but there is a toxicity report of a combined Lamictal and Gabapentin OD that the authors described as the largest known at the time OD of lamotrigine. Some guy took 25g, yes grams, of lamotrigine and 30g of gabapentin. The report said there was no conductance issues and lamotrigine is actually known to do this. You would think all that gabapentin would increase this risk if what you are saying is clinically true.

I agree mixing drugs is usually not a good idea, just dont think this is a huge deal.

I apologize, as you said tachycardia not conductance issues. Still not too common for gabapentin or pregablin. Coke, sure.

Okay well I couldn't find the Na+ activity, but it was stated in the second source. It makes sense that the two would go together. The difference is simply in stopping EPSP activity (and thus depolarization) versus preventing the signal from being passed onto the next neuron when it reaches the axon terminal. NMDA antagonism...interesting.

I mean, it's less reliable than something like a benzo. Benzos have been around longer, and they have a much more simplified mechanism, and are more reliable at inducing anxiolysis. Gabapentin/pregabalin have quite a few diverse effects as we've seen. Generally, they reduce anxiety, but mania and psychosis have also been reported. At least knowing how they affect you sober before trying them at the tail end of a binge is definitely useful. As to how they interact with a stimulant comedown, no one knows, but anecdotes appear to point to a positive effect. Something like NMDA antagonism is generally not desired after a stimulant binge. Even ethanol can worsen agitation by itself, much less after snorting a ton of cocaine.

Blocking sodium channels is generally an inhibitory mechanism.

Risk of?

It's pretty well clear that gabapentin/pregabalin can be physically addictive though. So the ideal thing to do would be to find a less artificial way of dealing with your comedown if you're going to use. Not redosing helps. Not using helps more.

To be on the Safe Side should I try and Avoid it on Cocaine I Am Not Reading Anything to Say Otherwise if anything that I it is A possibility.