• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Cocaine addiction

Readyforchange1111

Bluelighter
Hi guys I was a daily cocaine user (approx 1g a day sniffed) for about 18months: I’m now 3 months completely clean and feeling proud of myself, last few times I used Anxiety was extreme and prompted me to change my environment and sort myself out. I haven’t felt tempted or anything N and am just grateful to have gotten out alive. The reason I’m posting is to find out about the after effects,I’ve not found much about the body after a period of abstinence.. I was very lucky that there was no immediate health concerns during my time of using. But now I’m away from it, and living healthily I’ve noticed a couple things are different.. I don’t sweat hardly at all now! I have to sit in a sauna for about 20 mins before my skin even gets damp, which worries me as obv we release toxins this way, and obviously while using I was sweating excessively most days! I’ve had the flu for the first time in years this past week.. and I’m producing a lot of bright green mucus (sorry tmi) from my nose for first time in my life. I’ve always been a really healthy person apart from the obvious.. is there anything I can do to help restore my balance ? Mentally I think I’m doing well considering, i do suffer with some anxiety and overthinking but I’m managing it all okay.
Anyway am hoping to just hear from people that have been in the same position as me.. any advice, info or stories are most welcome!! ❤️❤️ Thank you xxx

Learn to regulate your life and it was intended. Food, sleep, exercise, sex, etc: all of them have requirements and rhythms that keep us healthy and feeling right. Push your boundaries with them and try new methods and lifestyles. You will find what fits you best with trial and error. Slow and steady wins the race. Dont expect miracles immediately. Then, figure out your mental health. Get assessed. Find a social outlet, find hobbies, and find a profession.

I’ve used coke at least a couple times. Both a number of months, although not as long as you. Neither time did I have any notable symptoms that bothered me, other than extreme cravings, more cravings, and inevitably even more cravings. If you are doing well on that front, I’d say you came out unscathed. Most often than not, there isn’t as much lasting damage as the anti-drug peoples would like you to believe. Your nose just needs time of not putting anything but air into it. It won’t take long to heal.

Hi guys I was a daily cocaine user (approx 1g a day sniffed) for about 18months: I’m now 3 months completely clean and feeling proud of myself, last few times I used Anxiety was extreme and prompted me to change my environment and sort myself out. I haven’t felt tempted or anything N and am just grateful to have gotten out alive. The reason I’m posting is to find out about the after effects,I’ve not found much about the body after a period of abstinence.. I was very lucky that there was no immediate health concerns during my time of using. But now I’m away from it, and living healthily I’ve noticed a couple things are different.. I don’t sweat hardly at all now! I have to sit in a sauna for about 20 mins before my skin even gets damp, which worries me as obv we release toxins this way, and obviously while using I was sweating excessively most days! I’ve had the flu for the first time in years this past week.. and I’m producing a lot of bright green mucus (sorry tmi) from my nose for first time in my life. I’ve always been a really healthy person apart from the obvious.. is there anything I can do to help restore my balance ? Mentally I think I’m doing well considering, i do suffer with some anxiety and overthinking but I’m managing it all okay.
Anyway am hoping to just hear from people that have been in the same position as me.. any advice, info or stories are most welcome!! ❤️❤️ Thank you xxx
Did you have any problems with your eyes while withdrawing?

Fasting is the only way to reboot the system. Your body knows what it needs and will make the necessary repairs if left alone. Maybe have a look here : FASTING

Fasting is the only way to reboot the system. Your body knows what it needs and will make the necessary repairs if left alone. Maybe have a look here : FASTING
i would debate this.

when i was addicted to crack i would go days without eating and barely even drank water and it made not a jot of difference. well, it probably made things a whole load worse tbh. when i came down i'd then sleep for days, again not eating and barely drinking, but i'd still smoke again the second i got money.

I agree with chinup. Fasting certainly does have its place in a quest to get healthy, however I think when someone is in acute detox from substance abuse they need food to repair their body and brain.