• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc CNS depressants

Status
Not open for further replies.

markosheehan

Bluelighter
hi

which would have the least toxic affects (e.g organ damage or neurotoxicity) out of the following. kava,opiates/opioids, antihistamines, Benzodiazepines,
non benzodiazepines , gaba structure related drugs e.g phenibut, Barbiturates, muscle relaxants, quinazolinones ,clonidine, sedative antipsychotics,
sedative anti depressants, general anesthetics.

i am trying to find the safest for anxiety/insomnia

thanks

This question is really too broad. The best answer is that it depends, as they're all toxic to varying degrees and in different ways.

This question is really too broad. The best answer is that it depends, as they're all toxic to varying degrees and in different ways.
Agreed. Also depends upon the individual person (their body and reaction to certain substances). A very broad question indeed, there's really no clear cut answer better than what S_M has offered.

-PA

Exactly
The safest way to treat anxiety/insomnia is therapy, preferably CBT
And for insomnia chamomile tea, valerian root and melatonin might help

I agree with kleiner i tried using sedatives for sleep and it didnt work long term caused me to develop a addiction to benzos and eventual suicide attempt because i was convienced it was the only way id be able to stop taking xanax.

Not always, but in this case, like kleinerkiffer pointed out, chamomile tea, valerian root, melatonin will help a lot. By chance did you look up anything before you posted? I was wondering why you had barbituates, general anesthetic drugs and opiates as possible sleep medication.

You have received plenty of information to help get you started. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.