• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Clumpy "yellowish" cocaine HELP

Faded1337

Greenlighter
My friend recently brought home some coke that had a more yellowish glow to it then standard coke we get (white). It still had the nice coke smell (we've been doing coke for about 1~2 years) and it was pretty strong (got us pretty buzzed, numbs when licked etc)

The problem is that it is very clumpy and flaky, the consistency of the coke is horrible for trying to make lines out of it (not powdery). Normally with clumpy coke in the past we heat up a plate in the microwave for about 2 mins and line it out, within seconds the coke gets nice and hard and we could easily chop up a few lines finely. Unfortunately with this, even with a hot plate the coke is still quite clumpy and still just sticks on the card/cannot make fine lines out of it.

I understand there has been past posts about this but I felt there wasn't an accurate answer. The dealer said it is "UK Sourced" which probably doesn't affect much.

I have tried placing it in an oven at low temperatures with the oven door open but it just stuck to the foil, left it in the freezer for a few hours but the consistency is still the same (if not a little bit more clumpy).

I'd like to stress the coke itself (barely snortable, but we did it) was pretty good, we're sure it's cocaine.

I have read threads on doing a basic wash with 99% acetone, which might be something we'd have to resort to (prefer not to lose any product tho).

Any suggestions will be appreciated! I honestly don't care about the quality, more-so just getting the powdery texture would be good.

I used to sell cocaine and the best stuff was always yellow and pasty. You should probably just cut it with a powdery substance because that is always what I did before I put it out. I hear a lot about a fish scale appearance being the best indicator of quality but none of the bulk product I got looked like that and I actually found out that a lot of dealers would do a wash with finger nail polish and that it would give it that appearance. I don't claim to be an expert and I actually don't even like cocaine that much, as my DOC was heroin but I have seen a lot of bulk cocaine and I can tell you that the best stuff always had that yellow pasty look. So yeah.... I would just cut it with a dry powder to give it that snortable consistency.

Pure cocaine is white and crystalline ("fish scales")... like I always say though, you can't judge quality just by looks.

Chances are if it's yellow and pasty that someone's gotten it wet somewhere along the line... a wash with anhydrous acetone will work to remove most of the goopy quality to it.

Pure cocaine is white and crystalline ("fish scales")... like I always say though, you can't judge quality just by looks.

Chances are if it's yellow and pasty that someone's gotten it wet somewhere along the line... a wash with anhydrous acetone will work to remove most of the goopy quality to it.

True... I don't know why that the better stuff seemed to have the yellow tint as I can only speak from experience.... I do know that there are a lot of methods to give it that fish scale appearance.. One of the many reasons why appearance is not a good indicator of quality...

The one time I did cocaine that was yellow(ish) I noticed I was WIRED (and euphoric) for about 4-6 hours. I was so intrigued that the next day I administered a home drug test and the lab ran GC/MS that confirmed that it was positive for cocaine and methamphetamine. I have never knowingly done methamphetamine.

I used to sell cocaine and the best stuff was always yellow and pasty. You should probably just cut it with a powdery substance because that is always what I did before I put it out. I hear a lot about a fish scale appearance being the best indicator of quality but none of the bulk product I got looked like that and I actually found out that a lot of dealers would do a wash with finger nail polish and that it would give it that appearance. I don't claim to be an expert and I actually don't even like cocaine that much, as my DOC was heroin but I have seen a lot of bulk cocaine and I can tell you that the best stuff always had that yellow pasty look. So yeah.... I would just cut it with a dry powder to give it that snortable consistency.

Thanks mate, I was actually told to do something a long those lines, which was to cut it a little bit with a dry powder give it a bit of a mix and it'll have more of a consistency. That may be something I'll probably consider doing.

I don't think its necessarily pasty, just more so lumpy and sticky. I mean if it has gotten wet along the way, then a hot-plate or leaving it in the oven would've solved it right? Though I do expect a acetone wash would do the trick, I'm worried that I'll lose most of the product (in the event for example it was cut with caffeine and what not)

The one time I did cocaine that was yellow(ish) I noticed I was WIRED (and euphoric) for about 4-6 hours. I was so intrigued that the next day I administered a home drug test and the lab ran GC/MS that confirmed that it was positive for cocaine and methamphetamine. I have never knowingly done methamphetamine.

That's pretty interesting, but no I'm sure it's not cut with meth due to it having a similar feel as most cocaines i've had (5-10 minute come-up, nice buzz/euphoria for about 25 mins)

I guess I'm juggling on just giving it a quick cut with something of a powdery consistency OR doing acetone wash. If I can't get acetone anhydrous handy then I'd most likely do the first option.

Sorry... pasty probably isn't the right word. It was usually more as you described..... a lumpy, substance that tended to stick together and would not cut into a nice powder because it would just smear and clump.

Last edited:
Yep, that sounds exactly like the texture I've got.

Does anybody have any other ideas apart from an acetone wash? I've tried the rice method but that did nothing too.

I've seen flake in carrying sizes and all different sorts of consistency.

Seen it white and shinny but really dry and crumbled easy, white shinny and really soft and oily and crumbled into flakes just by squeezing the bag. I always find though the best stuff is off white yellowy but again had it in carrying consistency, yellowy shinny soft and oily that again crumbled with the slightest squeeze but then had it exactly the same but so hard I had to wrap the lump in multiple carrier bags and hit it with a hammer but it was still good, I think it depends on the size and power of the press.

But onto the topic, I always find hot playing does the trick I always do it before going out, nothing worse than clumpy sticky oily flake sticking to your card. The best way to hot plate is to put some water on the plate only enough to fill the centre bit so the bit you hold is dry, don't know how much water probably just like 40ml or something, then microwave for a minute and tip off the water and dry the plate, what this does is concentrate the heat just to the area with the water and the bit you hold is still normal temp. Then tip out the flake and get a knife and cut it up a bit so it's not just a big lump (did it once with just a big lump and it stuck to the plate) after chopping it a but leave t for a minute or so for the hot plate to take effect. Then put a nice crisp note over it and run a card back and forth over it and you'll hear it crunching, now get 2 cards and hold one like it's a wall and get the other and chop up the yayo up against the stood up card (hard to describe, know it perfect in my head) or just use a Stanley blade or something, this will turn it to fine fine powder like talc, this means you'll get the proper hit.

I've done this hundreds if not thousands of times, if this doesn't get it to chop up then I'm stumped haha.