• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction clonidine timeline for dependence, worried about surgery

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
hey, quick question. I take clonidine off and on for sleep, usually once a week. I've been very nervous about an upcoming procedure, noticed I've been doing .2 a night for 6 days, is this long enough with sporadic previous use to be worried about rebound blood pressure etc?

no-I mean, this all varies from person to person, but I've known people who literally and purposely became addicted to clonodine. They would use massive dosages, like 10 MILLIGRAMS at a time. I've used clonodine to boost my heroin highs many times in the past. One time my friend OD'd and had left me and my girlfriend with his prescriptions, which included a full bottle of the .3 clonodines, there was like 60 of them which I went through in about a week. Needless to say, this was a really bad idea, and I may have experienced some rebound blood pressure, but not to the point where upon cessation I felt any uncomfortable withdrawal or rebound effects-I would not recommend abusing clonodine in such a manner though, to anyone who reads this, my friend who was dependent on it, was a fucking mess.

yeah, i do my best to use them sparingly, thank you for your input. I've been quite nervous last few days as I'm going in for a lasik surgery tomorrow. I know dine causes dry eyes/mouth and I just realized i'd been taking it for 5 days (at .2 nightly). Your response makes me feel a lot better.