• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Clonidine High

Adequate Ship Captain

Bluelighter
I don't know where to post it but I need to know if it's possible to get high on clonidine just for a few days while I wait for my dxm, I'm going through dxm withdrawal and it's hard to eat because of it and I read it's possible to get high on clonidine but I couldn't find dosages, I usually take .2mg every night for sleep so maybe .4mg to get high? I know it's good but I'm desperate and wanna do it in the safest way possible.

Clonidine has no high whatsoever, all it does it calm your blood pressure down. It can reduce physical symptoms of anxiety because of this and it can reduce restless legs, but you will not feel any sort of high. Please do NOT try taking a bunch to try to get high, as taking too much can be dangerous from causing your blood ;pressure to go too low. They come in 0.1mg pills, and taking more than 2 or 3 can be quite dangerous. And again, there is no high from it.

I agree Clonidine is a drug you shouldn't mess with. One 100mcg pill can cause bradycardia, especially if mixed with pretty much any other antihypertensive or depressant drug. And the fainting is real - I've literally fainted from nothing else.

Probably the worst thing about the drug is the slow elimination time.

There is absolutely zero high, and it really should not be used without medical supervision.

I have a bit of experience with Clonidine. I take 0.1-0.2mg to deal with vasoconstriction from certain psychedelics that seem to trigger it in me. Shulgin claimed that it synergized with 2CB-FLY. It seems to kill the anxiety + body load from trips without reducing the psychedelic effect, and it's good for high blood pressure. It can also work for sleep (For some people, it worked for me the first time I tried it but has not since then) as you mentioned.
Other than a good friend of mine who is very sensitive to the placebo effect and seems to find mildly anxiety-reducing compounds like L-theanine and Clonidine euphoric, I don't know anyone who gets any sort of high from Clonidine. Blood pressure medications are not something to be playing around with.
Try to find natural highs to help you through the withdrawal. Meditate, exercise, go for walks/go hiking, etc. Do not try to get high off of dangerous (when misused) pharmaceutical drugs with little to no recreational value.

You could take the usual 0.2mg and just try to sleep through it, but PLEASE don't take more than that, because of everything that the others have already said. It will lower your blood pressure too much and that can have very bad consequences. Oh and you won't get high off it anyway, just drowsy. Please be careful.

Hello mate, hey you going? I am from Australia and I am going through (poppy seeds to be exact)opioid withdrawal. It’s been 4 days since I have gone cold turkey. And I started taking clodinine (.2/day) and tbh it is really good for the dull pain and cravings but it makes me very weak. The very first day I could barely stand up for a min let alone walk and it’s getting better but I still feel weak as a kitten. I am cutting the clodinine down but at the same time Is there anything I can take to make me feel little better?
Cheers

Hello mate, hey you going? I am from Australia and I am going through (poppy seeds to be exact)opioid withdrawal. It’s been 4 days since I have gone cold turkey. And I started taking clodinine (.2/day) and tbh it is really good for the dull pain and cravings but it makes me very weak. The very first day I could barely stand up for a min let alone walk and it’s getting better but I still feel weak as a kitten. I am cutting the clodinine down but at the same time Is there anything I can take to make me feel little better?
Cheers
I'm having very good luck with propranolol to help with trying to get my ridiculous kratom tolerance back under control. My Dr and I discussed using this or propranolol and went with propranolol because it's better tolerated. It let me reduce my kratom dose by a full 50% in one day with no physical withdrawal symptoms. I can't say it'll be anywhere even close to as useful as it is with kratom, its definitely something to consider trying.