• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Clonidine - Doseage for Opioid Withdrawal?

endlessnameless

Bluelighter
Going through the thick of H withdrawal right now and have an opportunity to get some clonidine for the chills/hot flashes.

Need to know if it's 100mcg (0.1mg) I need per day or 1mg per day?

Would appreciate a reply ASAP please, thanks.

0.1mg per dose, 1mg might kill you. Do not take 1mg. 0.2mg is probably okay but start with 0.1mg. Also it is typically prescibed at 3x per day, it does not last a whole 24 hours.

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll wait until tomorrow to get it sorted out and hit the pharmacy.

Ok so just to clarify, 0.1mg x 3 daily?

This should handle the hot flashes/cold chills or at least significantly reduce them right?

Thanks again for the reply.

Yeah if you're getting it from the pharmacy that is what you should be given, it is the typical dose prescribed.

yes it will help quite a bit with the physical symptoms. It helps with restlessness (though doesn't eliminate it IME) and the chills/flashes/creepy crawlies it helps with the most.

I received 0.1mg 3x a day for opioid withdrawal /anxiety.

Even 0.1mg was enough to make me wanna lay down some times.

So just follow the directions on the bottle if they're prescribed that way to you.

Watch out for syncope!! Don't stand up too fast until you know how you've adjusted to it.

I personally take two .1mg nightly for sleep and that was a game changer for my sleep when I was coming down.