• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Clonazolam

Ahh, lam sweet lam... That's a shocking dose. I take 1mg a day and I think *I* have a serious problem...

If I were you, I would start tapering by myself and not go a detox.

Don't torture yourself with a strong regimen. You have the luxury of time, it's not especially toxic to the body, you just want to get off of it without too much discomfort, become more clear headed and get your memory back.

Tomorrow, why not go to 99mg of clonazolam a day. Then the next day, 98mg. I think you would agree that the differences between 100mg and 99mg are negligible on a pharmacological basis (of course it's logical to feel a bit frightened). I think you can go quite low before you actually start to notice changes. If you become uncomfortable, try lowering the taper schedule, stay a few days at the same dosage before going lower. Clonazolam can affect you for days and you might want to overcome the rebound effect a bit, then continue on the path downwards.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Joey there is a thread of a person documenting coming off an astronomical amount of clonazolam to nothing. I think it took a year or so but a slow steady focused taper worked. There are a few people here that got themselves off such large doses. I have seen threads of people stopping flubromazolam or clonazolam with success and others where people could not get off a 3 mgs alprazolam habit a day.

Naturally people will say get medical attention and that is good advice, except I get the feeling any amount of a benzo they will give you won't be enough. But for sure if a doctor can prescribe 100 mgs of diazepam a day that would be a good start. (again though it may not be enough)

Back in February I basically read all the heavy benzo threads mainly out of interest not need. If I can find that thread of a success I will post it here.

I just wanted to give you a little hope in such a hopeless world. :) And also I just read some true success stories, if I had know I would have saved the link and posted it here. But I would listen to benzo veterans which I am not. Some good people here have some good advice.

Last edited:
ONE HUNDRED milligrams? Dude. You need mandatory medical help, that is no laughing matter. That is the highest tolerance I've ever heard of in my life.

Naturally people will say get medical attention and that is good advice, except I get the feeling any amount of a benzo they will give you won't be enough
Right, but a doctor overseeing his physical well-being is paramount. It's literally a matter of life or death. 100mg/day of a substance active in the micrograms is astronomical. Sorry, my mind is just kind of blown right now.

This might seem controversial but you might consider tapering down a bit first before seeking medical attention.

My concern would be physician lack of familiarity with clonazolam and in turn, not getting an adequate amount of benzos to replace it.

If this is real, 100mg/day of clonazolam is a few grams per day of diazepam. Thats astronomical.

Yes I would have to also urge against seeking medical help at this time assuming you feel ok on that dose and your body doesn't show any signs of being about to shut down. The reason being is that doctors already aren't educated enough about how to get people off benzos when they are taking normal doses. No doctor is going to be able to safely get you off 100 mgs a day. Whatever they give you will not be enough. You are essentially taking an entire months prescription every day. Any type of rapid detox from such a dose would be very dangerous and should only be attempted under the most dire circumstances. If you can function at all on 100 mgs a day and don't seem to be in immediate medical distress, then by all means begin a taper. You likely won't even notice a difference between 100 mgs and 99 mgs, so there is no reason not to taper. Plan up a taper schedule and stick to it. Once you get down to a more reasonable dose, you can seek medical help if needed. It's always good to have a doctor you have some sort of relationship with as well, just to have handy even if you don't seek their help with this.

If you need some encouragement, as others have said, there have been cases of people successfully coming off insane doses before. When I first joined this forum in 2006 I remember there being a guy who got off a gram a day of diazepam.

Yes I would have to also urge against seeking medical help at this time assuming you feel ok on that dose and your body doesn't show any signs of being about to shut down. The reason being is that doctors already aren't educated enough about how to get people off benzos when they are taking normal doses. No doctor is going to be able to safely get you off 100 mgs a day. Whatever they give you will not be enough. You are essentially taking an entire months prescription every day. Any type of rapid detox from such a dose would be very dangerous and should only be attempted under the most dire circumstances. If you can function at all on 100 mgs a day and don't seem to be in immediate medical distress, then by all means begin a taper. You likely won't even notice a difference between 100 mgs and 99 mgs, so there is no reason not to taper. Plan up a taper schedule and stick to it. Once you get down to a more reasonable dose, you can seek medical help if needed. It's always good to have a doctor you have some sort of relationship with as well, just to have handy even if you don't seek their help with this.

If you need some encouragement, as others have said, there have been cases of people successfully coming off insane doses before. When I first joined this forum in 2006 I remember there being a guy who got off a gram a day of diazepam.

That may have been me. I was taking a little over a gram of diazepam powder (it was actually nordazepam) a day at one point and finally quit benzos around that time. I went dark here for a long time after that. 18 months of psychosis followed.

If this person is actually taking 100mg of clonazolam thats is probably 2 to 3x worse off than i ever was.

This might seem controversial but you might consider tapering down a bit first before seeking medical attention.

My concern would be physician lack of familiarity with clonazolam and in turn, not getting an adequate amount of benzos to replace it.

If this is real, 100mg/day of clonazolam is a few grams per day of diazepam. Thats astronomical.
Yeah exactly. I live by Chicago and I called around everywhere and no one knew what clonazolam was

That may have been me. I was taking a little over a gram of diazepam powder (it was actually nordazepam) a day at one point and finally quit benzos around that time. I went dark here for a long time after that. 18 months of psychosis followed.

If this person is actually taking 100mg of clonazolam thats is probably 2 to 3x worse off than i ever was.
Oh no....

Indeed, my bag of diluted Clonazolam contain's 45 mg. Which I could consume in 3 week's top.

You are at a dose unknown to dr's. Taper.

I'm going to use diclazepam to taper a couple mgs a day of clonazolam

Diclazepam is 10x as potent as diazepam so im going to use that to taper i guess.

Wow 😲
If your clonazolam is actually pure (=~>90% ; +/-), this is obviously a _massive_ tolerance!

Is there any chance for you to get some more diclazepam?

I tapered from 10-15mg clonazolam a day to 1.25mg diclazepam every 36 hours on average.
I started in december 2020 and started to stabilize at that dose mid of march.
So it took about 3 months for me.

Some weeks were quite rough, but it
was far from unbearable.

In 'normal medical detox, 3 weeks usually, it was truly not possible. It was actually so horrible that I got somewhat of a _PTSD_.
Even when 'detoxing' 'normal' benzos' the medical staff is basically clueless most of the time. -and sometimes I was even humiliated in more or less subtle ways, which is really "fuznny" when you feel like dying already.😟

personally If I had the choice I would always "detox"/taper on my own.
I know a lot of people people on bluelight would say this is not hatm reduction, but if you you have the option to go this route I would do it this way-on my own.;)

By the way: I find diclazepam superior to diazepam in terms of tapering.

I wish you all the best (•‿•)

Last edited:
ONE HUNDRED milligrams? Dude. You need mandatory medical help, that is no laughing matter. That is the highest tolerance I've ever heard of in my life.

Right, but a doctor overseeing his physical well-being is paramount. It's literally a matter of life or death. 100mg/day of a substance active in the micrograms is astronomical. Sorry, my mind is just kind of blown right now.
Idk what doctors around me even know about clonazolam. I've called around everywhere ...

Wow 😲
If your clonazolam is actually pure (=~>90% ; +/-), this is obviously a _massive_ tolerance!

Is there any chance for you to get some more diclazepam?

I tapered from 10-15mg clonazolam a day to 1.25mg diclazepam every 36 hours on average.
I started in december 2020 and started to stabilize at that dose mid of march.
So it took about 3 months for me.

Some weeks were quite rough, but it
was far from unbearable.

In 'normal medical detox, 3 weeks usually, it was truly not possible. It was actually so horrible that I got somewhat of a _PTSD_.
Even when 'detoxing' 'normal' benzos' the medical staff is basically clueless most of the time. -and sometimes I was even humiliated in more or less subtle ways, which is really "fuznny" when you feel like dying already.😟

personally If I had the choice I would always "detox"/taper on my own.
I know a lot of people people on bluelight would say this is not hatm reduction, but if you you have the option to go this route I would do it this way-on my own.;)

By the way: I find diclazepam superior to diazepam in terms of tapering.

I wish you all the best (•‿•)
Thank you so much! I'm getting a bunch of diclazepam to help with the detox

Ahh, lam sweet lam... That's a shocking dose. I take 1mg a day and I think *I* have a serious problem...

If I were you, I would start tapering by myself and not go a detox.

Don't torture yourself with a strong regimen. You have the luxury of time, it's not especially toxic to the body, you just want to get off of it without too much discomfort, become more clear headed and get your memory back.

Tomorrow, why not go to 99mg of clonazolam a day. Then the next day, 98mg. I think you would agree that the differences between 100mg and 99mg are negligible on a pharmacological basis (of course it's logical to feel a bit frightened). I think you can go quite low before you actually start to notice changes. If you become uncomfortable, try lowering the taper schedule, stay a few days at the same dosage before going lower. Clonazolam can affect you for days and you might want to overcome the rebound effect a bit, then continue on the path downwards.

Good luck and keep us updated!
I appreciate you

My tolerance to benzos... well let's just say idk anyone else who does 100mg of clonazolam a day to feel normal... and I cant go anywhere to detox... I just need help... I need a better place to get diclazepam... 248$ for 240mgs....