• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Clonazepam: Rivotril vs. Roche

Status
Not open for further replies.

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I just wanted to ask whether theres any difference between Clonazepam made by Rivotril and by Roche? And which would you prefer?

Has anybody tried both Rivotril and Roche and which brand would you say is the best in terms of effect and quality?

Currently I get Rivotril and they do exactly what they're meant to. They also have that minty taste to them.

Input greatly appreciated!

I don't think we get Rivotril brand clonazepam in the USA, but maybe I am wrong. I just know it's mentioned in the Reindeerspotting doc which is in Finland.

Most brands of clonazepam I've tasted here in the USA (and I've tried most available) and they all have that similar minty taste when taken sublingual.

I don't think we get Rivotril brand clonazepam in the USA, but maybe I am wrong. I just know it's mentioned in the Reindeerspotting doc which is in Finland.

Most brands of clonazepam I've tasted here in the USA (and I've tried most available) and they all have that similar minty taste when taken sublingual.

Yeah I think the Rivotrils are made by an Eastern European company called Galenika which are aimed at the European market.

Galenika also make Alprazolam called Ksalol, and they also make Diazepam called Bensedin.

Here, were I live (Europe), Rivotril IS Roche.
We don't have Clonazepam general brands, so I can't give you more infos. But as far as I know Rivotril is a trademark of Roche.
I've been using Rivotril (Roche) since 2013 and yes the taste is kinda cold/minty.

Here too....Rivotril is Roche and is available in 0.5 mgs Tablets with a central score, and 2 mgs Tablets with a cross-score.

If you crush them they go down very well under the tounge, and bypass first-pass metabolism. Taste nice (the 2 mgs. Not sure about the 0.5s).

So typically, the brand does not matter whatsoever. However, for certain drugs and certain cases, the brand does matter.

Methadone, for instance, has two isomers, one of which has significant opioid activity while the other is primarily an nmda antagonist. Depending on the synthesis used by the manufacturer, there will be varying levels of these 2 isomers and thus, one brand may Have stronger opioid effects than the other.

Now the other possible difference, and this applies to benzos, is the actual dosage in the pill. The FDA obviously can’t test every pill and, instead, samples batches. They allow for a certain margin of error ( a 2 mg pill may be 1.8 mg or 2.2 mg in reality) so one brand may be significantly stronger or weaker than another.

As far as the USA, I used to really love the TEVAs, but they (at the least the 1mg, haven't seen the 2s in a long time either) got discontinued for some reason I don't recall.

Now I mainly get the yellow 1mg Activis and sometimes they aren't the best for sublingual use, but I can't complain too much.

The C1 and C2 (for the brand name) seem to dissolve the best for me, but they don't seem to kick as hard haha

I know it's nearly all in my head

There shall be no noticeable difference provided you are getting your drugs from a licensed PharmD. They are just different brand names for the same drug, as you know. Klonopin is the common branding here in the United States while everywhere else I've been, Rivotril seems to be the deal. I'm actually gonna have to lock this guy up because this is not the type of thing that we do here. No harm done OP. I totally understand your curiosity. I'm hoping this answers your question! If there's something I've missed, please send me a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.