• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam potentiation.

scantraxx

Bluelighter
I realise there is a thread for benzo potentiation but this is specific to Clonazepam, I have read other threads and they all seem to go on a tangent and start talking about valium or xanax and other benzos, which is rather dissapointing. I would like to know what potentiates this drug and is well known to do so.

I have tried WGFJ, although the dose was small, I have also used some antihistamines, but the combination is too much of a knockout.

So any reccomendations to things that can potentiate this drug are appreciated. My main goal is to be able to potentiate lower doses around 1mg and feel more of the anxiolysis but not the sedation. (I function better while on this drug, at first it was horrible on my memory and other aspects but now it is good for being social and so forth)

But apart from that, whether what I am asking is even possible with regards to potentiating the anxiolytic effects (which I probably doubt is possible) I would like to hear anything in regards to this drug and potentiation.

Also, I am going to maybe have this drug changed over to maybe valium or another, clonazepam is longer lasting, I think something more shorter acting may have a better impact on the anxiety short term?

Sadly I have run out of pregabalin, I took 700mg of pregabalin then .5mg of clonazepam and had a very nice sleep. I was very wasted also.

Do any anti histamines work well towards potentiating clonazepam? Or even any OTC drugs?

At the moment I think I'm going to buy some grapefruit juice.

certain antidepressants (tricyclics), alcohol, promethazine instantly spring to mind.
also pregabalin, gabapentin, baclofen... any gabaergic drug basically.

also, and i could be wrong here, i don't think grapefruit juice does anything to potentiate benzos, just opioids/opiates.

I dont mean to hijack your thread but i was wondering if food affects clonazepam effectiveness? and can you take regular generic klonopin sublingually(not the orally dissentegrading ones, just the regular pills)

I smoked earlier, ate a ton of food, and I want to take some kpins to end the night good but my stomach is full

also, and i could be wrong here, i don't think grapefruit juice does anything to potentiate benzos, just opioids/opiates.

You are very wrong. In fact it used to say on my Klonopin bottles "do not drink grapefruit juice while on this medication!!!".

The reason it potentiates *some* benzos is the same reason it potentiates *most* opiates: Enzyme inhibition. Klonopin is metabolized by the CYP3A4 enzyme. Thus, WGFJ, or any other CYP3A4/broad P450 inhibitor will potentiate clonazepam, by clogging the enzyme that breaks it down. Since the enzyme isn't available to break it down, it stays in the body MUCH longer, and is also more intense.

But unfortunately, P450 potentiators won't make your K-pins much stronger, but rather make them last much longer. This in and of itself is awesome though, as clonazepam already has a killer half life; combine it with a massive dose of inhibitors, and it lasts all fucking day!!!
Personally, I start with a good dose of 2mg with some WGFJ, after taking 600mg tagament. An hour after that, dose another mg and keep going from there. One of the best fucking highs you'll ever have.

Also, the potentiators don't make me any more drowsy, but they DO seem to increase the anxiolytic properties of a given dose a bit. If I we're you, I would get tagament AND WGFJ, though if you can only get one, cimetidine is simpler, unless you happen to like the taste :)
Other potentiators you can try are the obvious, your gabapentin, antihistamines, etc. Also, a moderate dose of Soma(carisoprodol) with benzos can be fucking magical, and provides maximum "anxiolytic" effect, though if you take tagament, you need to slightly increase the dose as the amount of Meprobamate that gets metabolized is reduced, as cimetidine also inhibits the enzlme that converts carisoprodol to Meprobamate(which for me personally, seems to give the primary effects). So 475-875mg carisoprodol.

Also, IMHO, switching to valium is a HORRIBLE idea. Valium is like candy compared to klonopin and xanax. It takes 10mg of valium to equal jut 0.5mg of either of them, yet idiot doctors don't seem to know how to do simple math, as I have seen multiple people switched to valium and given incorrect doses. As an example, my father prescribed 3mg of clonazepam a day, but then they decided to try valium, but for some reason the doctor gave him only 30mg a day! 30mg diazepam is equal to 1.5mg clonazepam. So it's bad enough they cut his dose in half, but what is really stupid, is that valium has a SHORTER half life than klonopin. So the doc gave him half of the dose he was used to, and it wasn't lasting long enough. Needless t say, my father called a week later and said the shit wasn't working(he had a helluva benzo tolerance) and the doc thought he was a drug attic.

But yeah, point is, I don't think a drug that is less potent and shorter acting will help your anxiety better. Proper dosing of klonipin will give the superb anxiety relief that holds for considerably longer than the alternatives, and with cyp3a4 inhibition, you won't have to worry one bit. Though if your intent on changing to a shorter-acting drug, go with xanax. Personally, I think xanax is just an inferior version of klonopin, that not only lasts 1/3 of the time klonopin does, but causes 2x the amount of sedation, with, at best equal anxiety relief, though it's overriden by the fact that a rec. dose just knocks you the fuck out without enjoying it. But nonetheless, there are SOME people who say it helps them, though in my life, I have yet to meet someone who takes benzos for a LEGITIMATE purpose who prefers Xanax, though of course, a lot of the addicts I know prefer xanax, so eh...

Excuse my need for simplification and clarification here.

I have read conflicting things.

Specifically, do cimetidine, red or white gfj, and quinine keep clonazepam in your system longer though they do not - as ive gleaned- 'intensify'.

I accidentally asked for a lower dose (by half) and have a month to make the best of a too low dose.

I used a quinine interaction search feature and contrary to various drug forum posts, it said no.

I also have read negatives about gfj. :/

Also have paxil. Does this interaction have potential to potentiate?

Educated chemistry drug people pls help to explain.

Just take more if u want to feel it more, ask the Dr. to raise your dose. Whats the big deal?

The 'deal' is id been off my meds for a year and instead of handing my doc the history report of my old dosages i took from him, i handed him one from years ago with another doc and said 'yep that combo worked'. However it was outdated and the therapeutic level for my disorder is now 1mg not .5. Theres no worries as to correcting this when i see him again in a month esp as he was prescribing me at 1mg before.

So no. Not "tolerance and addiction."

Any replies to what i WAS ACTUALLY ASKING?

^Tolerance & addiction :\
Yeah thats with pretty much everything. But if hes taking 1mg and doesnt feel its an addicate dose, then go to 2mg, I dont see the issue really.

My understanding was that Clonazepam was NOT affected by WGFJ/Cimetidine or CYP-whatever (I can't recall which one) inhibitors. Diazepam and alprazolam were the ones mostly talked about. As for the hypothetical, if it does indeed work, then it won't really make it discernibly 'stronger' it'll just last longer. It's not magic, there's no simple way to just make benzos more potent. Using it with diazepam (which is about the strongest interaction you can get with this) can delay onset and makes the buzz drag out. If it does feel stronger, it's mostly because the peak is dragged out.

However, for your purposes, it'll have little effect (assuming clonaz is inhibited). Half a mg will not become anywhere like a full mg, even potentiated. Anyway, why not try it out? A bottle of WGFJ is like $4. Drink 16oz and have at it.

A splash of booze always works well. If you're looking for some hardcore potentiation then go with Soma.

One evening last weekend - I honestly don't remember which - I took 20mg Valium with a couple (or was it several?) Somas. I don't even know how many of them I took (it was either 2 or 4)... that right there should give you a rough idea of the kind of evening/weekend I had. It was the most fucked up I have ever been off GABA-ergics... to be honest I was absolutely amazed at how euphoric they can be.