• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam fears. Advice needed

I have cut the SSRI from 20mg to 15mg per day and will gradually go lower as I cut the benzos.

I really do think I made a bad mistake reading those horror stories, so I stopped reading them. I am an anxious person. I really wish there was like one pill that could change that forever...I am thinking of exercise and diet now.

Can't get no weed here...

Ah see you make another mistake here. Taper one drug at a time. I guarantee your withdrawals are as bad as they are because you are trying to take yourself off two drugs at once. You're getting two withdrawals. Decide what you want to come off first and taper that one, then do the other one after.

Shame about the weed. But yeah stop reading those horror stories.

Ah see you make another mistake here. Taper one drug at a time. I guarantee your withdrawals are as bad as they are because you are trying to take yourself off two drugs at once. You're getting two withdrawals. Decide what you want to come off first and taper that one, then do the other one after.

Shame about the weed. But yeah stop reading those horror stories.

Thanks man! I will stop cutting the SSRI. I kinda suspected I was going a bit too fast...

Go to 1.75mg for a few days to help your wish with the adjustment

Then take 0.75mg twice per day, or 1'mg in morning and 0.5mg at night. 1mg clonazepam = 4-8mg lorazepam so it is powerful stuff

H and DO NOT drop to 1mg per day; go down to 1.25mg first for a week or two so your body can adjust. I agree with staying on 0.5mg for a good while

Hello there good people!

I am reporting back on what has happened to me over the last 6 months or so if anyone is interested. In short, benzos and SSRI's can be cut, but it's kinda hard work.

I am now on 0.5mg of Clonazepam per day, after cutting down from 2mg, 1.5mg and then 1mg. I have halved the amount of Prozac I take, so I only take 20mg per day as opposed to 40mg six months back. I have been on 0.5mg Clonazepam and 20 mg Prozac for about 6 weeks now and things are starting to balance out very well. I experienced nightmares, nerve twitches, electric jolts, unstable blood pressure, gruesome rebound anxiety and difficulty sleeping, but since altering my dosage to the current amount, I only suffer from occasional nightmares. I have lost a few pounds and my blood pressure has went back to normal. I seem to have found the right balance of meds (for now). I have much more motivation, no depression, better moods, better concentration and feel like I can plan and handle life, whereas before I felt like I was outside looking in without anyway to change things...I might not ever got off these meds; I feel I might be too highly strung naturally to go med free, but I am looking into exercise, diet and meditation as ways that might get me med free one day in the future.

I mentioned before that I did binge drink on these meds and others like Xanax (which I haven't touched in 6 years) for about ten years. It's been 6 weeks since I last drank anything (3 beers) and about 3 months since I last got drunk. Alcohol is not something I ever plan to go back to ever again. I didn't go to AA or anything, but I definitely feel alcohol fucked my life up and that at some point in time, the meds were how I managed the symptoms of my drinking, in addition to the anxiety I had that made me start the meds (and drinking) in the first place. Bit of a chicken and egg scenario?

Thank you to everyone who took time out to help me!