• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Clonazepam expired 11 years ago

Bharles

Greenlighter
I recently came across a pretty full bottle of these things. I think they’re 1mgs. However, they’re over 10 years expired, and I imagine they’ve sat in the bottle for the entire time, unopened.

I did a bit of research on how the expiration dates of US prescription drugs actually work and I’m starting to think they’re still good to keep around. I can’t be totally certain of how exactly these were stored over the years, especially in a heavy smoker’s house; the inside of the bottle smells like cigs, but that shouldn’t really affect things, should it?

I’m looking for some second opinions as to whether these may be toxic to ingest at this point since there are fillers and binders in the pills, or something else I may be unaware of. Also potency. Google only goes so far these days.

Anyone have any insight? New here, sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

They should effect you within 5-15minutes atleast mine do ( i took one but 45 min ago to take the edge off my speed)

Wow I can't believe ur encouraging the OP to take Clonazepam thats over 10 years old. They have an expiry date on them for a reason right?

Wow I can't believe ur encouraging the OP to take Clonazepam thats over 10 years old. They have an expiry date on them for a reason right?

Actually no, they really don’t. This isn’t whole milk we’re talking about and if you know chemistry a sealed prescription really will not expire under normal circumstances. He’ll be just fine

you realize, ive asked my doctor this exact question a few years back which is why i answered the way i did, and he's been practicing for 28 years and is retiring this year and our relationship is very close so i can quote on quote tell you what he said " its bullshit, they may lose potency but thats about it"

also, THEY HAVE AN EXPIREY DATE BECAUSE THE FDA REQUIRES THEM TO PUT ONE ON. tyvm, sorry im alittle amphetamine angry right now lol annnnd i just realized im in opiate withdrawal, so i humbly apologize, time to go take my meds that i shouldve taken ehhhhhh 8 hours ago

you realize, ive asked my doctor this exact question a few years back which is why i answered the way i did, and he's been practicing for 28 years and is retiring this year and our relationship is very close so i can quote on quote tell you what he said " its bullshit, they may lose potency but thats about it"

also, THEY HAVE AN EXPIREY DATE BECAUSE THE FDA REQUIRES THEM TO PUT ONE ON. tyvm, sorry im alittle amphetamine angry right now lol annnnd i just realized im in opiate withdrawal, so i humbly apologize, time to go take my meds that i shouldve taken ehhhhhh 8 hours ago

Exactly, the only real reason they have a date on them is because the FDA makes them put one on it. Also, they likely would want you to believe they were no longer good so you would throw them out and spend money / call in a new prescription.

like I said, this isn't no chicken breasts lol expiration dates on prescription meds is pointless. Unless your prescription has sat in the sun for 10 years or been exposed to moisture or something of contamination (highly unlikely in a child proof bottle) they'll be just fine.

Exactly, the only real reason they have a date on them is because the FDA makes them put one on it. Also, they likely would want you to believe they were no longer good so you would throw them out and spend money / call in a new prescription.

like I said, this isn't no chicken breasts lol expiration dates on prescription meds is pointless. Unless your prescription has sat in the sun for 10 years or been exposed to moisture or something of contamination (highly unlikely in a child proof bottle) they'll be just fine.
what i do know is my 3 year old 20mg adderall which i have thousands of have lost perhaps id say 20% of their potency (didnt take them, got new rx for 30mg) and the 30's have a much more noticable kick (when i take 5-10mg worth from them as i only take an initial dose of 30-60 to get going) but since at the time i didnt give a shit about them because i had so many, i didn't store them correctly so theres that, i have 30s going back 2 years and those i stored in a box with rice, work like a charm