• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Clonazepam + Alcohol

Akoto

Bluelighter
I'm on 2mg of Clonazepam and I want a beer so badly. Am I safe to drink just 2 beers a week when I'm on this drug?

Unless you've been on clonazepam long time, and have had small amount of alcohol with it in the past without issues, maybe. I find alcohol to run my clonazepam experience and would skip my clonazepam the few times I drank while taking it. It has a long half life, so a beer six hours later will still combine in effect, maybe up to or past twelve hours post clonazepam.

If not, no. It's a recipe for disaster. If you insist start with 1-mg clonazepam and half a beer and make sure you actually stop there. Have a second person assess yours motor skills b/c you won't be able to do so accurately, you'll think you're fine when you're a mess, and never, ever drive on this combo, regardless how small an amount.

Never drive on this combo. Can't say that enough. And don't redose or go beyond a beer or two, it's a waste and you'll just forget most of the experience.

So if I want to go to a pub on Friday, I can just not take my clonazepam that day and it will be fine?

If you can limit yourself to just two beers your probably fine, can you limit yourself to just two beers? Probably not

The problem is once you have two beers, even without the devilish influence of benzos, it's easy to convince yourself one or two more wouldn't hurt. Now throw in the anxiolytic, amnesiac and hypnotic qualities of a benzo, and in such a state, normal reasoning flies out the window, even in the most grounded and level headed person.

Don't mix alcohol and benzos is a general rule for anybody.

Damn I was a rule brEaker for years..:..matter if fact I think the first time I ate a benzo while not drinking was prolly 10 years after my first benzo

Do not do what I do.....do what that guy said....follow the rules!

can you limit yourself to just two beers? Probably not
Of course I can. I never was or will be a drinker. I just want to be able to go out with friends.

Of course I can. I never was or will be a drinker. I just want to be able to go out with friends.

Benzos and Alcohol takes almost ALL the sense and reasoning out of people. No matter how grounded you think you are.

I have been at a high dose of klonopin for over a decade.

Now I got panic attacks and need it and it really helped me sort out my life.

When I first started taking them of course they were stronger. I drank with them. Your body gives you cues as to how much is proper or at least your mind should. So its a self control issue to some degree but not really with me because that stuff comes natural after a certain amount of life experience.

I suppose I am saying don't over do it. I drank alot when I was a teenager and young adult and I have been to detox 3 times for booze and once for legal stuff. I got physically dependent it because it took so much to control my anxiety as I had a strong fight or flight mechanisim.

It was overwhelming. I had strong sexual and violent urges and it was so strong it would make me dizzy if I held back which I did at first. So once my klonopin dose got to around 4 I could drink and not have an urge to drink outside of social situations for the most part. I drink maybe a 1-4 times a week in amounts of like 1-8 drinks usually having less than 2 so the mean would be about 3. Thats not bad. Its not alcoholic.

It is easy as fuck to devolop a benzo and alcohol habit as the two go together both in potency and danger. You could kill yourself if you drink something ridculous but more likely you would do something really fucking stupid if you black out on benzos and I see that ALL the time with some people. You don't want to be one of those people.

All good advice here...just stay out of public...When I did time in my early 20s I fondly remember sitting in the holding cell and at least 6 inmates when asked why they were in jail responded with "I took a bunch of xanax drunk and apparently robbed a store" lol.

I would have kept the explanation at "xanax" and said it was a misunderstanding and you did not really know what happened but you where sure you did nothing wrong.

You do know other inmates can say you confessed to them for a lighter sentence.

Also xanax is notorious for bringing out the theif in a person so I can see that happening.

There are people, like myself, who have gotten drunk over 1,000 times on Klonopin with only ONE horrible black out incident when I lost my tolerance 9 months after not taking it and decided it on my first day taking it again that it would be just fine to drink 7 drinks in an hour and keep going for another 2.....BAD BAD night and a recipe for disaster....

That being said, of course the proper advice is not to drink a whole lot on Klonopin but a few drinks is fine.

For me personally, I don't know why my body tends to generally be ok with it and why I generally don't feel I get any more drunk drinking on Klonopin.

I think it's a combo of low dosage and high tolerance to both Klonopin and alcohol.

Even after the one black out I ran several experiments drinking the same quantity I drank that night (14 drinks) on the same dosage of Klonopin (1.5mgs) but just did it MUCH more slowly....more like over the course of 6 or 7 hours rather than over the course of 3...always gauging my effects and writing down my moment-to-moment perceptions on whether I was going too far....and I found out I was fine.

It CAN be done if you have a very high tolerance to both substances and don't drink too quickly, but it can also lead to blackouts if you aren't smart.

I personally think those who say "NEVER mix the two" are just taking it way too far as I've generally gotten away with it other than the one fateful night I just went WAY too far after losing my tolerance, but even I learned on that night that I am not immune to the bad effects of the combo either.

Just be safe.

I used to take Klonopin and Xanax for my fear of flying. One day back in college I heard a sound outside my house and discovered my roomate trying to steal our neighbors riding lawnmower. I brought him back inside and he confessed to stealing my prescription (he couldn't remember how many he took) and getting drunk that night. That being said, I've only balcked out once from combining these and alcohol. I took a flight to Japan and we had to fly through a storm with about 8 hrs left in teh flight so I orded a double whiskey with 2mg Xanax already in my system. Don't remember a damn thing, except the next day I was looking through my camera and discovered close up photos I appearently took of the female stewardess butts while walking down the aisle. lol. So yes, two beers with a tolerence is fine. Anything more is kinda pushing it.

Be very careful. Personally, I would not combine the two but I have had way too many friends who did combine the two and who almost wound up dying, or at the very worst they blacked out and became very sick and confused.

Some of the people I know who combined benzos and alcohol who blacked out blacked out on extremely low doses of the like a low dose of a benzo, and 1-2 beers or 1-2 shots of liquor.

I also have a tendency when I drink to sometimes binge, so I do not drink anymore. At least I never used benzos recreationally.

I can drink a lot of hard liquor and mix in like 6mg clonazepam but my tolerance is sky-high, obviously. I usually also don't remember much about the few hours before going to bed. I also tend to do a lot more stupid shit. I would not recommend this.

Today I'm not going to take my clonazepam and then drink 1 beer to see what happens.

One once said the cheapest way to get fucked up is the three Bs - a bar, a beer, and a bowl.

I've also been arrested after the 3Bs along with millions of others probably so there's that too.

So the robotic dragon police busted down my door and said I tried to hijack a city bus...

Not it actually went well. I think I can handle 2 beers a week like this.