• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clobazam high?

oxyloveUK

Bluelighter
Found no info anywhere online about this drug being used for recreational purpose so interested to know if it causes highs similar to other benzos and people's experience with it?

From what I can gather.. It's fairly weak. Someone had said 20-30mg is equal to about 10mg of Diazepam (Valium).. It works good as an antianxiety med but i don't think it's as "in your face" as say xanax or klonopin would be

Starting dose is 5-10mg, so probably comparable to diazepam in potency. Sounds like an average time to onset; has a long half-life, with a long-lived active metabolite.

So probably indistinguishable from diazepam.

ETA: folks might be careful calling a drug "weak". Diazepam is less potent than, say, alprazolam, but in pill form, dose to dose they will be just as "strong". Two 10mg Valiums will impair a person longer than two 0.25mg Xanax. It can be misleading for people who don't understand the difference.

I managed to get a good blast from a 50mg dose when my benzo tolerance was low. I found it very similar to diazepam in effect (more so than clonazepam, for example).

Clobazam is supposed to be particularly effective against seizures, but it is nonetheless just as recreational as most other benzodiazepines... I believe it is a popular drug of use in South Africa, atleast.

So in theory it should be able to help opioid withdrawals just like other benzos?

So in theory it should be able to help opioid withdrawals just like other benzos?

I cannot see why not - for a benzodiazepine it feels just like any other benzodiazepines in my experience, more so than the popular theinos like etizolam and its variants. It just has a particularly low equipotency compared to the most common bnzos, with the exception of chlordiazepoxide which it appears to match on a mg for mg basis

Last edited:
Never had kpins but i would say xanax is good for opoid withdrawals. I personally take 2-3 mg after coming down frm whatever it is that i took. I dont really get xanax euphoria just relaxation. I have taken up to 8mg at once of xanax and barely felt a tingle. So everyone is different u need to do ur research and figure out what works best for u. Personally my high tolerance to xanax is something i should look into but do i? No because it helps me frm withdrawals

It is a benzodiazepine. I'm guessing it has good snorting potential too

If that is your thing,but IMO snorting benzos are a waste. The fact that (with the exception of chlordiaazepoxide) benzodiazepines are generally not water soluable and as such snorting them is a particularly inefficient ROA. Coupled with the fact that they rank among the drugs with the highest oral bioavailability, makes any other ROA pointless. With the exception of certain preparations of certain drugs (for example buccally administered midazolam or ampoules of (insert most benzos here) for injection) I am stil of te utter belief that eating them s still the most efficient way to use them. Even if a good proportion of the drug is actually absorbed, the ROA still offers little to no advantage over oral administration. The onset is no quicker than the oral route, the effects are not subjectively any 'stronger' and to press the point once more, in many cases a good proportion of the dose will just end up dripping down the back of your throat (which is perhaps the best thing that can happen as they may reach the stomach in the end after all).

Saying that however, I am not familiar with the behaviour of clobabazam. I have only ever taken it in the form of a factory produced suspension and have never encountered it in tablet form. So perhaps it may have hidden snorting potential that other bzd's do not. I highly doubt it though,

I must stand corrected as you are absolutely right, it is a benzodiazepine. I first came across this drug in 2002 and from some reason I was always under the impression that it was an atypical benzodiazepine type drug, such as Eszopiclone or the Z - drugs.

The beauty of Bluelight, You learn something every day and once in a blue moon it turns to be true ;)

Never had kpins but i would say xanax is good for opoid withdrawals. I personally take 2-3 mg after coming down frm whatever it is that i took. I dont really get xanax euphoria just relaxation. I have taken up to 8mg at once of xanax and barely felt a tingle. So everyone is different u need to do ur research and figure out what works best for u. Personally my high tolerance to xanax is something i should look into but do i? No because it helps me frm withdrawals

While the xanax can provide some help in the short term, as one of the most potent drugs available it is, in my opinion, one of the worst places to start. If you has started off with a benzodiazepine with a lower equipotency (diazepam being the best example) it tends to be easier to get good effect from therapeutic doses. However, if you are 'barely' feeling 'a tingle' from 8mg (which, depending on your conversion table is equpotent to something between 80mg and 160mg of diazepam.

That is a seriously high dose in anyone's book, never mind Ashton's. I m glad that it is helping you get off the poppies but I would suggest that most folk who contribute to this forum would agree that your high tolerance is something that you need to look into as a matter of urgency, as once you are through the WD's from your primary drug of dependence then you may be faced with an even bigger problem. Benzodiazepine dependence is not only as uncomfortable as opiate withdrawal but discuntiuning them suddenly and / or without a proper withdrawal plan can be really dangerous to your health.

@Forum Mods - my apologies for going off topic but this...

NPersonally my high tolerance to xanax is something i should look into but do i? No because it helps me frm withdrawals

Demanded an answer.

Clobazam differs from most other benzodiazepines in how the nitrogen atoms in the diazepine ring are positioned. Basically "diazepine" is chemist-speak for "7-membered ring with 2 nitrogens". "Normal" benzos (that also includes thienodiazepines and triazolobenzodiazepines) have the nitrogens in the 1 and the 4 position on the ring, while clobazam has them on the 1 and 5 positions.

So it's still a benzodiazepine, just atypical in that it's a [1,5] as opposed to [1,4]diazepine.

Clobazam:
215px-Clobazam_structure.svg.png

Diazepam:
215px-Diazepam_structure.svg.png

Steve with 2 bees, thanks for catching the Xanax ultra-high dose for withdrawals line. I'm not a doctor, but alprazolam just seems to be the worst choice if you're struggling with addiction already. Fast onset and short duration just leads to reinforcement and redose.

And with some solid and informative posts, I think this thread has reached its conclusion, for an OP that google answered in seconds, about a rare drug.

But then, it's a brand new day, and we're all bored and chatty.

Take it OT on why this one isn't approved for anxiety in the US when it seems to work like any other in its 1,5-class.

Maybe discuss where they got "clob-" from.

Let's talk!

[thread open]

Thanks Hodor, the chemical structures look very similar without specifics just like codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone etc :)

If it works well for anxiety and insomnia, it should damn well be approved for it just like Gabapentin in many places should be approved for opioid withdrawal, anxiety and everything it helps people with

Very nice Hodor, all we need now is how many of Lipinski's Rule of Five there are and we're golden. Seriously though it will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Would clobazam show up positive for benzos on a drug test then? I don't know how the benzo test works as the opioid one tests for morphine from heroin or codeine so stuff like tramadol doesnt show up

Last edited:
Would clobazam show up positive for benzos on a drug test then? I don't know how the benzo test works as the opioid one tests for morphine from heroin or codeine so stuff like tramadol doesnt show up

Sorry but drug testing or UA questions are off limits here.

Klonopins aka kpins last a lot longer than xanax, and is stronger. I use to take 2mg xanax and 1mg kpin for a comedown, the xanax would kick in first then later when the xanax started to wear off the kpin would kick in and put me to sleep.
But you should read up kratom for opioid withdrawal as it is one it's used in Thailand for recovering heroin addicts to tolerate the withdrawal. But kpins are much better due to lasting longer and being strong for withdrawals, I was given kpins for 2 weeks to come off 2 anti-depressants and it worked wonders. Knocked me out for about 24 hours the first time though.

It seems it would likely cause less sedation than other benzodiazepines which may provide some advantage, and would effect the RC experience?

Not sure if it would be super effective for anxiety, although it should certainly work

Who knows why the FDA does what it does; it is often arbitrary nonsense