• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Cleaning out syringes...

I just started working in a pharmacy. Where I live, the state has a "right to sell" law, so the pharmacist decides whether to sell them or not. One of mine doesn't, the other believes in harm reduction (luckily). Also needle exchanges are banned here. I was shocked when I found out about all of this (where I'm from we could always buy new rigs):

Also, reusing rigs is what put me in the hospital for 11 days with 2 surgeries because my infection was so rare. I was too young to buy needles at the time. If you have the ability to buy them, then do.

If this is sourcing, I apologize. I'm thinking its HR but from training horses I know you can order needles and syringes of all sorts online from vet supply. They are the same syringes you would fine anywhere. The hardest part will be finding a needle with a small enough gauge. Be safe, don't reuse

If you don't have a clean needle, you don't have what you need to shoot up. Don't let your addiction to narcotics let you think for a second that a used syringe in your hands can ever be used again no matter what you do to it.

When I first started injecting, I would use tap water to mix with meds to inject. Well for some reason it never occurred to me that water is full of bacteria and nasty things. I only injected every once in awhile but I ended up getting very sick at one point. VERY long story short; I had a very rare blood infection that nearly killed me, as I have an auto-immune disease and kill off my immune system to treat my disease. The docs were puzzled and it took a bone marrow biopsy to confirm what I had. I didnt ever reveal that I had injected meds before. Now I COULD have picked up the infection in a few other ways, but realistically I am pretty sure it was from IV use. The treatment was INSANE!! Of course that was due to having no immune system. But the point is to just be careful, and if you insist on reusing then use more than soap and water to clean. I actually wouldnt even use water to clean out the bleach unlesz the water was boiled or sterile water.

Btw, I have been turned down by pharmacies when I ask them for syringes and needles, and I even take testostsrone shots once a week! They tell me to go get the needles from where I get my testosterone filled. I honestly can't believe that the US doesnt adopt the needle exchange idea. I can only get a few needles at a time, and I cant order needles because I live with family members, and they would be all over it.