View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cleaning a Psychedelic Oil Burner Pipe

boiledfruit

Bluelighter
I looked online and found a method on cleaning a "crank" pipe. Just use a coffee cup, water, a splash of bleach, place the bulb in first and microwave for 5 minutes. First of all, I have no bleach, so will this work with water and sea salt or anything else? Also, the majority of the gunk in there is from MET. Can anyone give some advice on effectively cleaning this thing? Thanks.

Don't microwave bleach, there's a good chance it will release harmful fumes.

The best things for cleaning gummy crackpipe residue (in order of efficacy) are 90% or better acetone, 90% or better isopropanol, naptha, and hot soapy water. If you use a solvent make sure to follow up with a few hot soapy water rinses. Particularly stubborn residue may need an overnight soak with hot water or a vigourous scrub.

Sweet thanks. I have good quality acetone so I plan on using about 1/3 solvent and 2/3 hot water and let it soak for a day. I'll update in a few days.

^No need to dilute the solvent, that's just making it more polar and thus less effective at removing the caked on organics... just soak it in straight acetone.

OK I've already done this but when I wake up tomorrow (well, later today =/) I'll see how effective it was and go from there. Thanks.

Straight acetone worked wonders.

I burnt a little bit of something in the pipe again today so I put a small little bit of water in my pipe and put it over a candle and let it boil for a minute or 2 which cleaned it up nicely after doing it 3 times.

Lol best way to clean them use rust remover. Instantly disolves any substance left in it, and only takes a little bit to do it... Drying them is easy to. Either use a torch pen and heat slowly then just bake the water out or you can take a paper towel or tolit paper and twist up the stem and use a q-tip in the other... Hope this helps lol...

O and when your done... Looks brand new lol... Shouldnt take more than 10 minutes or so to clean and dry it and be useable again lol...

I looked online and found a method on cleaning a "crank" pipe. Just use a coffee cup, water, a splash of bleach, place the bulb in first and microwave for 5 minutes. First of all, I have no bleach, so will this work with water and sea salt or anything else? Also, the majority of the gunk in there is from MET. Can anyone give some advice on effectively cleaning this thing? Thanks.

Just order a new one... one for every substance...

Just order a new one... one for every substance...

While this isn't exactly the answer you were looking for, I'm going to agree with this. Particularly if you ever plan to use a pipe for DMT.. That smell likes to sit around forever and a day even after being cleaned sometimes.