Classic rock

Duane was in a class by himself, believe me. And the combination of him and Dicky was other-worldly. The band was an absolute enigma back then.
There are a number of musicians who I wonder how they would have grown if they lived. Plenty who live become stagnate (Eric Clapton for eg imho) but Duane seemed like he would have grown a lot. Among other things, he was really into Miles Davis and John Coltrane. Hendrix is another I think was growing. That last album The Cry of Love really showed some beautiful new development I think....maybe we need a new thread on "Great Musicians Who Grow Old and Keep Playing For Better or Worse" ;)

AC/DC [1977] - Dog Eat Dog

acdc-essential-songs.jpg

Vocals: Bon Scott
Guitar: Angus Young
Guitar: Malcolm Young
Drums: Phil Rudd
Bass: Mark Evans

Last edited:
Motorhead [1983] - Back at the Funny Farm

Motorhead-Another-PErfect-Day.jpg

Vocals, Bass: Lemmy Kilmister
Drums: Phil Taylor
Guitar: Brian Robertson

Seen live at Keystone Berkeley on August 12, 1983. One of the greatest performances ever. Unbelievable!

Last edited:
Allman Brothers Band [1971] - Little Martha

The-Allman-Brothers-Band-GettyImages-73988001.webp

"Little Martha" was the only Allman Brothers track written solely by Duane Allman. The track was recorded in October 1971, a few weeks before Duane Allman's death in a motorcycle accident. Allman had had a dream where Jimi Hendrix showed him the melody of the tune in a Holiday Inn motel bathroom, using the sink faucet as a guitar fretboard. Little Martha was Allman's ode to his girlfriend Dixie Meadows, who he had given the pet name Martha, because of the vintage clothing she sometimes wore. :cry:

played by Duane Allman & Dickey Betts - acoustic guitars

Last edited: