• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Cities of the world that have the best drug culture?

Disocio0

Bluelighter
I live in Montana and where I'm from people look at all drugs as bad. I think this is due to the extreme amount of meth and heroin addicts here. They don't think of psychedelics and lets say meth or heroin to be any different. Its conservative and closed minded. Ive been using various drugs over the past 3 years like LSD, Mushrooms, Ketamine, DXM, 2CC, 2CI, 25I-Nbome, MDMA, Coke, Nitrous, Ganja and Kratom daily. Psychedelics have changed my perspective of the world and life from negative to positive. I grew up in a very religious home and went to an christian school all through high school and it made me despise and refute religion all together. I picked up meditating after my first use of LSD and Im a much more compassionate and happy person. So I just turned 19 and I wanna go where there are more people like me I want to get away from the closed minded people in my city. What are your opinions?<3

I don't have much personal experience, I can only personally speak for Boston. Boston has a ton of college students so you can imagine there are a ton of drugs you would be into, and they are easily accessible. But if you dig psychedelics and ganja, maybe Burlington, VT. That place is all about chill out drugs.

It helps to know if you are looking for a big city area or a more rural type area. But Boston and Burlington, VT are good examply of both, obviosuly both are far away from you, too, so there are other options close I would imagine. I feel like Denver has a big drug scene, actually, and like the other guy said, Seattle is pretty hip to that stuff.

Last edited:
I can only speak for the closest city around here, the elm city... New Haven, CT. But I don't think the "drug culture" here is anything special, different, or otherwise noteworthy, really. It's got a little bit of everything, being that we've got the universities all here, the clubs and bars...

So, we've got the college kids all here, many of whom have grown up in the surrounding shoreline, beach-y, yuppie and hippy-ish sort of towns. They're all into smoking pot, dropping acid and whatever. But we've also got a lot of the "harder" drug users here, perhaps a somewhat smaller number of college students than the spacier, pot-smoking and acid-dropping ones, but a certain percentage for sure. And of course with all of the clubs and bars, well, we've got ecstasy, "molly" and mdma floating around.

So yeah, we've got it all here... pot, acid, crack, dope, ecstasy and it's all available and relatively easy to come by. But, nothing special... just another city with your average, everyday sort of drug scene.

you cant just lump all drugs together and call it "drug culture"

any major city will have anything if you know the right people, some just have more people to know

burlington, vermont deserves an honorable mention for a smaller city!

ny ny, LA, seattle, miami, atlanta, ha fkn detroit, NO, oh wait best.. fort Collins, Austin, chicago, nashville, portland, Denver, boston, KC,.... , asheville, vegas, anchorage,

Last edited:
So yeah, we've got it all here... pot, acid, crack, dope, ecstasy and it's all available and relatively easy to come by. But, nothing special... just another city with your average, everyday sort of drug scene.

What makes New Haven is the same qualities that make Bridgeport, Hartford, Waterbury and Terryville.

I'm surprised to see Burlington twice. It's justified. Just surprising to see in the first few posts.
I've lived in a handful of major US cities and no scene was as varied or chill as Burlington. Anything can be gotten there.
The prices for harder drugs are pretty ridiculous but it's offset by the more normal price and high quality of psychedelics, pot, molly, acid, etc.
I think what makes it special is that there's a fraternal feel to buying and using drugs there. So many of the sources I dealt with were as chill as imaginable and there was almost none of the dangerous feel to buying that there is in major cities. Most the people I bought from used whatever they sold. It was fairly common to be asked if you wanted to go shot for shot or line for line with them.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not exactly sure what makes a best drug scene.
While chasing drugs in Denver, I nearly got killed and/or was beaten by the police about a half dozen times. That could be a definition of a best drug scene if you like danger.
I like Burlington. There is a lot of hippies. I'll give you that.

tbh it is pretty damn chill and kinda close to montreal/boston. can't complain i guess. let's keep it a secret howabout ;)

^Now I see what you were doing..... %).
Burlington fucking sucks.

Los Angeles, San Fransisco/Bay Area, Seattle, NYC, Portland, and from what I've heard, Baltimore (only city listed that I've never been to).

LA has the best psychedelics culture IME, closely followed by Portland, and San Francisco has literally tons of everything, and Seattle is full of dope, weed and benzos, and of course nothing can compare to some NYC powder dope.

Bay Area has everything except what I fucking want... ECP.
I'm an hour ish south of SF and in this town drugs are so socially acceptable it's just weird...
At my high school growing up all the cheerleaders did molly and LSD with everyone else on the weekends.
It was cool to sell ketamine and molly.
Last few years it's been mainly Oxy and morphine.

Maybe that's why I got into dope. Don't have to run into everyone I went to school with when I go meet my dealer.

Don't sleep on the small college towns. Ithaca, Ny was a rocking place while I was there. High quality everything. Literally. Often drew comparisons to Burlington. That was 15 years ago, though so...

small college towns for real! i second that ithaca, ny comment. it was a hell of a weekend when i visited a few years ago. love love love

chicago & detroit both have pretty thriving drug scenes (obviously) but those are the only two i've experienced personally, outside of small college towns.

my city isn't mentioned? didn't think it would be, but Cleveland has a little bit of everything you could want. well, mostly the area between Cleveland and Columbus ohio, it's a nice mix of straight boondocks and innercities, plus all that lies between. please take this as just being boastful and not some sort of "reverse-sourcing" when I say that there's a market for every type of drug, and quality seems at least average if not higher even for obscure psychedelics.

NY - all boroughs and upstate NY as well
Newark, NJ
Baltimore, MD
Miami (Dade County), FL
Jacksonville, FL
Oakland, CA
San Francisco, CA (Bay Area in general)
Houston, TX
Atl, GA
Philadelphia, PA